User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Common hits the big screen and the studio for "finding forever"

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

Common hits the big screen and the studio for "finding forever"

courtesy to sohh.com

Common recently revealed that he is heading back into the studio this month with Be collaborator Kanye West.

According to Billboard.com, Common is set to start work on his seventh album with West doing most of the production for the project. Although a release date has not been set, he's planning to call the album Finding Forever.

"The title is about creating music that can be here forever, music that can last," he told Billboard. "I'm just trying to find that place. I find that, with the albums, they just start shaping themselves."

While Common's last album Be--which was also helmed by 'Ye and released on his G.O.O.D. imprint--sold some 769,000 copies, Common is hoping to even surpass that mark with his latest effort.

"The sky's the limit," he said. "With this album, I feel like I can have a million records sold, Grammys, BET Awards and some top 10 singles. There are no limitations. I just gotta make the music from the heart and let the rest take its course."

In related news, Common just finished work on his film debut in Smoking Aces, which also stars Alicia Keys, Ben Affleck and Jeremy Piven, among others. The MC was forced to withdraw from the "Touch the Sky" tour earlier this summer in order to report to the Aces set. He's since resumed a nationwide tour in support of Be and is scheduled to perform April 29 at California's Coachella Festival.

While Smoking Aces is not slated to be released until this summer, moviegoers can currently catch Common onscreen in concert film Dave Chappelle's Block Party which opened in theaters last weekend.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    6-22
    i wanna see dave chappelles block party shit looks dope

Thumbs up Stay in the loop, get exposure!

Since the admins are slow to ban you for free advertising which is exactly what you did i'm changing your post

Black Logic
    Last edited by Brother Blue Collar; March 11th, 2006 at 12:03 PM

r!PpER
    common = good but i hate kanye.. so i wont like the collab..

anyways somebody here thinks he can get sum free advertising by freeposting.
    26y/o man u shud find a better way lol

Thumbs down THINK before you SPEAK!

Quote Originally Posted by r!PpER
    common = good but i hate kanye.. so i wont like the collab..

anyways somebody here thinks he can get sum free advertising by freeposting.
    26y/o man u shud find a better way lol

Free advertising? no! insight into the world of hip-hop, r&b, rock and pop music, yes! Don't dis what you don't or haven't taken the time to understand. And don't just assume that I am a 26 year old "man", get some facts before you dis boo.

I saw that the thread was talking about Common, I happen to have good info about him as well as 200+artists on my site. That's offering free information not free advertising.

Anyway, if I was trying to get free advertising, I wonder did it work. You probably clicked on the link.

Much love to ya! We should support one another not tear each other down.

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins
    Common is wack as hell...EVERY single song he has is wack...He just needs to give up..and Kanye is gettin annyoning...He aint puttin out hot songs either
    RB OG Triple OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

who would ever think common could act thats my boy do and i loved him in block party

Battle Record
    0-1
    yah Common is my main man, and hes actually a pretty sweet actor and yah word up to dave chappels blokk party my niggaz