User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Soundcard and pre-amp needed for specific mics.

Battle Record
    25-2
    true, but i wasnt doing that just to do that, i was just askin what was very compatible. thx guys!
    Ya Dig?!

Quote Originally Posted by I Am..
    Lol, i'm not mad. This is the first thread to be made asking about microphones, i see that as a big improvement. Everything that was recommended to you was in the thread, but i understand if you still had doubts.

And yeah Ether, i got another thread i'm working on. Tuturiols for software and such. It's taking a long time, researching the net hasen't brought me much. Still working on it though.

And Opey recommended a microphone in your budget, the difference between the NT1-A and the K2 is about $500. If you have $700 to spend on a microphone alone then go for the K2. If you have $700 to spend for an entire set-up then get what Opey recommended.
    word...I'm updating that software thread damn near everyday...shits hard...its just so much software out there
    Self Made... You just affiliated.

Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin on you...? You could have better gear and couldnt style it on me...

Battle Record
    2-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ether
    word...I'm updating that software thread damn near everyday...shits hard...its just so much software out there
    Word, word, same thing with microphones and pre-amps. What you have to do is research Opey's posts. I know it may sound stupid but hit the search button and read through Opey's posts and see what he recommends most and put it up. Thats what i did with the microphones and pre-amps. Helps break things down.
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cedrych
    uhm, how should he be mad? his threads didnt even ask my questions and the only person did was Avalon. This thread isnt contradicting what he worked on. Im asking what is compatible with what like what would be the best pair between mics and p/a's and s/cs ya dig? Yo opey, ebay is a great suggestion, i was buying all this ish from Musician's friend for more than i can bargain. Yeah the mics should be here at the end of the week and i also get paid and i can send em right back. yeah, and av suggested a rode k2 but ima have to decide between the mic u said and he said, but i was actually gonna go for the shure ksm27. but yeah i can cop all this stuff for sure though. thanks
    what you do is refuse the package. If it comes UPS then it's really easy. Just call musiciansfriend and tell them you bought the wrong stuff by mistake and you need a refund. They'll give you a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#). write it on the box. Don't open the box. Call UPS and tell them you have a refused package to pick up. If they ask why just tell them the company sent you the wrong thing. they're really good about it. I do it all the time. They'll come to your house and get it from you without charge.

Battle Record
    25-2
    ^^dope, yeah i have never ordered anything online since i dont have a credit card or paypal account, thank goodness someone was nice to do this for me, thanks Opz.
    Ya Dig?!

Quote Originally Posted by I Am..
    Word, word, same thing with microphones and pre-amps. What you have to do is research Opey's posts. I know it may sound stupid but hit the search button and read through Opey's posts and see what he recommends most and put it up. Thats what i did with the microphones and pre-amps. Helps break things down.
    word...I'mma do that...he told me to list everything on my comp...and he gave me a list of some other stuff too...so I'm tryna get all the info for that and post it so people can get what they need from it...

Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin on you...? You could have better gear and couldnt style it on me...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    im guessin it finally came??

no...not yet....called the post office but them muhfuckas aint no kind helpful...

I was waitin on the confirmation # so I could call and see if it was in Youngstown yet (10 minutes from where I live) and I could just come and pick it up myself...but I didnt so I figured if I dont get it myself it should at least be here either tomorrow or Friday...

no hard feelings though...not like I was ever mad at you or nuthin...and my bad for buggin all the time...just that this is my dream kid...and the comp is what I been watin for for a grip...and I spent MY money on it so I feel like I accomplished something...

and that MBOX payment is comin soon kid...I get my check Friday and I might use some of my income tax towards it too....

word....hit the kid up on AIM....dont really do PM's too much no more..unless you aint got AIM...THEN you can send a PM...

bottom left hand corner...

word...

and by the way...what kind of XLR cables will I need for it...I go the NT1-A...
    Last edited by WillieWil; February 15th, 2006 at 09:34 PM

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    o damn... i forgot about the confirmation number n shit. just call me and i'll find it for you. I think it should be there tomorrow tho. if it doesnt then they're a bunch of assholes. thats exactly why i dont use USPS. UPS for life lmao

hmm... actually I'll send you my old mic cable with the mbox. i dont need it cus i got a new one for christmas. its a 20ft cord so you should be able to work with that.

word...thats whats really hood...all I gotta do now is go cop me a mic stand and I'm good...

I already got a desk to set all my shit on...so thats no problem...

Battle Record
    2-0
    Hope everything works out for you Ether. Lol, you've been waiting a long time.
    Last edited by I Am..; February 16th, 2006 at 09:34 AM
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

word....a really long time...but I'm tryin to be patient though...

and I mean really tryin...

if it was anybody else I woulda took a trip to they house for some "insurance"

Opey lucky he my boy...well...that and the fact that he lives as far as he does...and the fact that gas is so damn high...

damnit...

Battle Record
    2-0
    Be patient, trust me, you've got all the time in the world. Take your time, ain't no rush.

And i don't think you'll be needing "insurance", lol, Opey 'sounds' like a great guy. I don't think he would try to cheat anybody out of money, because if i recall he was going to kill some guy who cheated him out of money, lmao. Plus i think he makes more money then 80% of RB, rofl. He'd have no reason.

Anyway, Opey's got references around here. He's built for Av, Kris Cain and a lot more.
    Last edited by I Am..; February 16th, 2006 at 04:37 PM

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Ether
    word....a really long time...but I'm tryin to be patient though...

and I mean really tryin...

if it was anybody else I woulda took a trip to they house for some "insurance"

Opey lucky he my boy...well...that and the fact that he lives as far as he does...and the fact that gas is so damn high...

damnit...
    amd the fact that im a 250lb gorilla...

Battle Record
    2-0
    Yeah and that. Opey is fucking huge. I didn't think he could get any bigger, but boy, did he prove us wrong.