User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 56

Thread: The Microphone Thread.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    I only have one thing to add... the K2... you might want to specify... it doesn't need a preamp... the power supply that comes with it is all it needs... a preamp is dope with it... but not needed... that's all... great work!
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    2-0
    I added the comment. :thumb: Thanks for actually taking the time to read over the post and make sure everything is okay, really appreciate it, Av.
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

Battle Record
    14-2
    Nice job

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Do another thread about preamps... I'm not sure if you want to do one whole thread with both... if you need help... get at me... I'll definetly back this...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    2-0
    Thanks Av, i'll definatly get a pre-amp thread up very soon. Matter fact, i'll start on it right now, can you just hit me with a quick list to help me get started. Thanks.
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

I sell greatbeats4cheap TechOmega's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2
    Marshall MXL 990 Condenser Microphone with Shockmount

thats the exact microphone I have but the weird part was when I brought it
    the package came along with another lil skinny condenser microphone hmm
    but yea for both I paid 100$ including the case for them the microphone works as described in the detail you posted

I heard though theirs plugs ins people can buy like antares mics that can
    manipulate the sound of other microphones if so why not just buy decent condenser microphone and buy the program instead?

www.soundclick.com/rickjames
    BUY MY BEATS 3 FOR 100$

Battle Record
    2-0
    You got the studio package then.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ess?sku=273166

As for your question,

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey...
    antares has a whole line of plugins. I think I have all of them. they're ok I guess. I don't think I ever use any of them. Sometimew I use the Antares WarmTone which adds simulated tube warmth to the track. It's not bad. The mic modeler shapes a mic with the characteristics of another mic. It doesn't make a really cheap mic sound like a really expensive one, but it helps to give a cheap mic a little unique coloration.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    1-9
    can u post yo rap in .WAV? cuz i dont know how else to do it
    hi

Speech is my Hammer Hail the Vibe's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-14
    EDIT: fuck nevermind, i made no sense

Quote Originally Posted by I Am..
    Thanks everybody. I hope it helps Opey out.

ok and your point is

Battle Record
    2-0
    Refresh..

i gotta get a new microphone
    If you want to advertise on our site then buy an ad. this site isn't here for your free advertisement ~ Admin Staff

I'm Only Here 4 ME Fuck U TheUnderRated's Avatar
    Battle Record
    57-36
    uh this thread is helpful .... but .... there are a shitload more mics out there.... and don't even attempt a pre amp one .. there are way too many ... you didn't mention any blue mics .. any akg's.... any se's, shure's, nuemann... I mean I know its just a start or whatever but really there are too many to do this type of shit to.
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

Battle Record
    2-0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnderRated
    uh this thread is helpful .... but .... there are a shitload more mics out there.... and don't even attempt a pre amp one .. there are way too many ... you didn't mention any blue mics .. any akg's.... any se's, shure's, nuemann... I mean I know its just a start or whatever but really there are too many to do this type of shit to.
    Yeah, I agree. Making a pre-amp thread would be impossible. There are thousands of microphones and it really depends on your budget and voice type. This thread is to give a general idea about microphones to people. I will add a few more microphones and have it updated, though. But, i mean, all the microphones were recommended by audio heads on this site and were given excellent reviews, and all of them are worth the money. Blue and Nuemann microphones are way over the budget for most people on this site. I have yet to see somebody with a 1,000+ budget for a microphone. I will add some more Shure and AKG microphones though.

This thread has stopped a lot of questions being asked about microphones though.

I'm Only Here 4 ME Fuck U TheUnderRated's Avatar
    Battle Record
    57-36
    word here I had to do this for class so ...

Types of Microphones
    Dynamic
    The dynamic microphone is by far the most durable and least accurate of all the microphone types. It uses a tightly wrapped core of wire suspended in a high-level magnetic field. When acoustic pressure i.e. sound waves hit the face of the diaphragm the coil cuts across the magnetic field in exact proportion to the amplitude and frequency of the wave. This cutting of the magnetic field produces analogous electrical signal at the output leads. Dynamic microphones require no phantom power and benefit in no way from the use of such voltage. They are especially known for being able to handle high SPL and shotty treatment. For this reason they are used most often as performance microphones. Three uses include: Acoustic Guitars, Live Performance, and Bass Cabinets
    Ribbon
    By far the most the delicate of all microphones the ribbon microphone uses an extremely thin aluminum ribbon suspended in a strong field of magnetic flux. When pressure hits the ribbon the ribbon fluctuates to the amplitude and frequency of the wave again causing the magnetic field to by disturbed. Electrical signal analogous to the pressure produces the acoustic waveform representation and sends it out the output leads. Applying phantom power to a ribbon microphone will often destroy it. Although the Royer 122 needs phantom power to operate so make sure you know whether or not to apply phantom power to your ribbon microphone. After you apply phantom power do not place the ribbon microphone in front of high SPL instruments as the pressure can deform the ribbon and ruin the microphone itself. Three uses include: Acoustic Guitars, Vocals, and Overheads and Room microphones.
    Condenser
    Condenser microphones operate on an electrostatic instead of an electromagnetic principle. The capsule of the condenser microphone consists of two plates one movable and one fixed. These two plates together form a device that is capable of storing an electrical charge known as a capacitor. The capacitor can store an amount based on its capacitance. The plates are connected to opposites sides of a DC power supply. Electrons are drawn from the positive plate to the negative plate. This process continues until the charge on the capsule is equal to the capacitance times the polarizing voltage. If the microphone is fed a sound pressure wave the capacitance will change. When the distance between the plates decreases the capacitance increases and when the distance between the plates increases the capacitance decreases. So if the charge is constant (phantom power) and the sound pressure changes the capacitance, voltage changes in an inverse proportion as well. Since you now have a voltage that proportionately changes with the sound wave you have your condenser microphone (Modern Recording Techniques, Huber). Note that phantom power is a must to run this type of microphone. Three uses include: Vocals, Acoustic Instruments, and Drums.
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST