User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: so the bible has this one story right....doesint make sense for...

Battle Record
    7-1

so the bible has this one story right....doesint make sense for...

shit why its in there...

the story about the dude being trapped in the whale?...

the book of jonah

it is one of the shortiest and most retarded stories in the bible

it doesint mention nothing about the israelis or even mentions israel once

but the people that swear to the bible ....do you actually hold true to this story?

i mean seriously....wtf?

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    Well... Jonah was an Isrealite. The points in Jonah are that:

1. Trying to run away from service to God is pointless.
    2. God is merciful, and by making changes we can avoid judgement.
    3. We should have personal compassion for other people. Our own personal happiness should not take precedence.

As far as the whale bit... it's possible, I'll do some research real quick to see if there are any comparable examples. But there are whales big enough to swallow a person whole, and they can have air pockets inside them... so conceivably a person could survive for some time inside of one. I believe I've heard comparable examples, but I can't recall specifics... so let me see if I can find something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm dead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    7-1
    Quote Originally Posted by SMZ
    Well... Jonah was an Isrealite. The points in Jonah are that:

1. Trying to run away from service to God is pointless.
    2. God is merciful, and by making changes we can avoid judgement.
    3. We should have personal compassion for other people. Our own personal happiness should not take precedence.

As far as the whale bit... it's possible, I'll do some research real quick to see if there are any comparable examples. But there are whales big enough to swallow a person whole, and they can have air pockets inside them... so conceivably a person could survive for some time inside of one. I believe I've heard comparable examples, but I can't recall specifics... so let me see if I can find something.
    you gotta be fucking kidding me

"arise. go at once to nineveh, that great city and cry against it; for the wickedness has come up before me."

nigga aint wanna go...so he got on a ship and headed the other way...god said no...and made a wind blow the ship crazy sexy like right....so he decided to jump overboard cause he knew he was the reason why it was happenin and god was laying the hand down proper on him right....so he jumps over in order not to do gods work...basically go talk shit to nineveh

for yall that dont know nineveh was the capital of the assyrian empire..and the city was thought by the israelites to be the center of evil....

but what im saying is....a fucking whale

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    I know what it says - lol.

The first point I mentioned came from as it says, Jonah tried to avoid the service he was commanded and got merkulated until he did it. The second point I mentioned came from it saying that Jonah pronounced destruction against Nineveh, but God did not destroy them because they repented. And the third point I mentioned came from it saying that Jonah had to get an object lesson that the many, many people in Nineveh were more important than his personal happiness; because he got angry that he pronounced judgement and no judgement came.

And like I said, I'll look up about the whale - but it's technically possible. Whether there are actual examples of similar things - I gotta check.

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    7-1
    I know what it says - lol.

The first point I mentioned came from as it says, Jonah tried to avoid the service he was commanded and got merkulated until he did it. The second point I mentioned came from it saying that Jonah pronounced destruction against Nineveh, but God did not destroy them because they repented. And the third point I mentioned came from it saying that Jonah had to get an object lesson that the many, many people in Nineveh were more important than his personal happiness; because he got angry that he pronounced judgement and no judgement came.

And like I said, I'll look up about the whale - but it's technically possible. Whether there are actual examples of similar things - I gotta check.
    oh i know you know

i just broke it down niggerish for the people wondering what the fuck were talking about

the whale would have to have been huge.....like the size of my.....

yea.....pretty big

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    Not really. I mean, big, yes. But not unusually large for a sea creature. There are several species of sea creatures large enough to swallow a man whole.

Sperm whales, Great White Sharks and Whale Sharks are mos def big enough, There are reports of Tiger sharks swallowing persons whole, and Dogfish sharks are also large enough to do so.

And in a quick search I was unable to find a recorded example that can be substantiated of something like this. But like I said, it's technically possible - because there is air in a creatures stomach - and a big creature like this, could have a sufficient supply for a man to survive for a while, since it has to breath too, that supply could be replinshed - and digestion doesn't start until the creature in it's belly is dead.

Secondly, it could have just been something miraculous... since the bible talks about ppl coming back from the dead... that's a bigger leap of faith than a guy surviving being swallowed...

And thirdly, it is possible that Jonah did die while in the beasts belly, and then was resurrected after being thrown up.

If your doubt is mainly about the swallowing part however, then yeah - there are several creatures big enough to do it =]

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    3-0
    the thing about god forcing him to do it kinda goes against us having free will...yet another hypocritical thing in the bible

Battle Record
    7-1
    Not really. I mean, big, yes. But not unusually large for a sea creature. There are several species of sea creatures large enough to swallow a man whole.

Sperm whales, Great White Sharks and Whale Sharks are mos def big enough, There are reports of Tiger sharks swallowing persons whole, and Dogfish sharks are also large enough to do so.

And in a quick search I was unable to find a recorded example that can be substantiated of something like this. But like I said, it's technically possible - because there is air in a creatures stomach - and a big creature like this, could have a sufficient supply for a man to survive for a while, since it has to breath too, that supply could be replinshed - and digestion doesn't start until the creature in it's belly is dead.

Secondly, it could have just been something miraculous... since the bible talks about ppl coming back from the dead... that's a bigger leap of faith than a guy surviving being swallowed...

And thirdly, it is possible that Jonah did die while in the beasts belly, and then was resurrected after being thrown up.

If your doubt is mainly about the swallowing part however, then yeah - there are several creatures big enough to do it =]
    so you believe you can survive in the belly of a whale?

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    No it doesn't. He was supposed to be a prophet of God, that was his oath. He didn't want to honor his commitments - so he got disciplined until he did. That's just consequences for your actions. If you steal - you pay a fine. That's not taking your free will to steal - you just pay the consequences. If you want to keep stealing and keep paying fines - you can. If Jonah wanted to keep not honoring his commitments and getting the consequences... he could.

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    Like I said, technically, on paper, it's possible.

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    7-1
    Like I said, technically, on paper, it's possible.
    im asking DO YOU think its possible and do you believe it to be true?

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    Oh, yes, I know it's possible. And I think it actually happened.

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    7-1
    mother of god

You've Earned a Custom Title! Paragon's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXL
    you gotta be fucking kidding me

"arise. go at once to nineveh, that great city and cry against it; for the wickedness has come up before me."

nigga aint wanna go...so he got on a ship and headed the other way...god said no...and made a wind blow the ship crazy sexy like right....so he decided to jump overboard cause he knew he was the reason why it was happenin and god was laying the hand down proper on him right....so he jumps over in order not to do gods work...basically go talk shit to nineveh

for yall that dont know nineveh was the capital of the assyrian empire..and the city was thought by the israelites to be the center of evil....

but what im saying is....a fucking whale

that was the funniest translation i ever read

Battle Record
    7-1
    word im working on a full translation

"the BiBle bitch"