User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: NFL admits they FUCKED UP

Battle Record
    5-3

NFL admits they FUCKED UP

yeah, on that interception call big whoop idee doo i just cant believe they admitted it
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ng.ap/?cnn=yes

League now admits Polamalu reversal was incorrect
    NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL said the referee made a mistake: Troy Polamalu caught the ball.

The league acknowledged Monday that referee Pete Morelli erred when he overturned on replay Polamalu's interception of a Peyton Manning pass Sunday in the playoff game between Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.

"He's a smelly Hawaiian," Morelli said in a press conference held earlier today. "I don't like it when Hawaiians achieve in this league".

Mike Pereira, the league's vice president of officiating, said in a statement that Morelli should have let the call on the field stand.

"He maintained possession long enough to establish a catch," Pereira said. "Therefore, the replay review should have upheld the call on the field that it was a catch and fumble."

On the play, Polamalu made a diving catch of Manning's pass, tumbled with it in his hands and got up to run. As he did, he fumbled the ball, then recovered. Colts coach Tony Dungy challenged the call, and Morelli ruled Polamalu had not completed the catch.

Had the call stood, the Steelers would have had the ball at their own 48 with an 11-point lead.

Shortly after the game, Morelli offered the following explanation:

"I had the defender catching the ball. Before he got up, he hit it with his leg with his other leg still on the ground. He never had possession with his leg up off the ground, doing an act common to the game of football. He was losing it while his other leg was still on the ground. Therefore, he did not complete the catch. And then he lost the ball. It came out, and so we made the play an incomplete pass."

Under league officiating procedure, an "act common to the game" is defined as controlling the ball long enough to hand it, pitch it or pass it. But Pereira noted that this definition only applies when there is "contact with a defensive player and the ball comes loose, which did not happen here."

The NFL almost never makes public the result of its reviews, although it did three years ago, when Pereira said officials should have called pass interference against San Francisco on the final play of a wild-card game with the New York Giants. The correct call would have given New York a second chance to kick a game-winning field goal in a 39-38 loss.

The call in Indianapolis incensed Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter, who said after the game: "I know they wanted Indy to win this game; the whole world loves Peyton Manning. But come on, man, don't take the game away from us like that."

so the vanderjagt kick shouldnt have happened anyways, but it did and he missed it, and he sucks so bad david oreck wants to give him an endorsement. he is a fucking terrible kicker, regardless of any past achievements. he sucks and frequents gay clubs and beats his wife.
    Last edited by Hand of God; January 16th, 2006 at 08:38 PM
    [YOUTUBE]XEx2T1NLsqw[/YOUTUBE]

Banned
    Battle Record
    16-1
    wow well wat do ya know......that kinda shit happens

Battle Record
    52-21
    yea i even knew when he intercepted it that it wasnt dead......polomulu is lyk a future hall of famer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Battle Record
    8-6
    Eat a fat dick, they won the game anyway right?
    Laying face down in the mainstream.
    Po.Ethics.

Battle Record
    5-3
    did they? i didnt watch.

what was the score?

Battle Record
    33-54
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand of God
    yeah, on that interception call big whoop idee doo i just cant believe they admitted it
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ng.ap/?cnn=yes

League now admits Polamalu reversal was incorrect
    NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL said the referee made a mistake: Troy Polamalu caught the ball.

The league acknowledged Monday that referee Pete Morelli erred when he overturned on replay Polamalu's interception of a Peyton Manning pass Sunday in the playoff game between Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.

"He's a smelly Hawaiian," Morelli said in a press conference held earlier today. "I don't like it when Hawaiians achieve in this league".

Mike Pereira, the league's vice president of officiating, said in a statement that Morelli should have let the call on the field stand.

"He maintained possession long enough to establish a catch," Pereira said. "Therefore, the replay review should have upheld the call on the field that it was a catch and fumble."

On the play, Polamalu made a diving catch of Manning's pass, tumbled with it in his hands and got up to run. As he did, he fumbled the ball, then recovered. Colts coach Tony Dungy challenged the call, and Morelli ruled Polamalu had not completed the catch.

Had the call stood, the Steelers would have had the ball at their own 48 with an 11-point lead.

Shortly after the game, Morelli offered the following explanation:

"I had the defender catching the ball. Before he got up, he hit it with his leg with his other leg still on the ground. He never had possession with his leg up off the ground, doing an act common to the game of football. He was losing it while his other leg was still on the ground. Therefore, he did not complete the catch. And then he lost the ball. It came out, and so we made the play an incomplete pass."

Under league officiating procedure, an "act common to the game" is defined as controlling the ball long enough to hand it, pitch it or pass it. But Pereira noted that this definition only applies when there is "contact with a defensive player and the ball comes loose, which did not happen here."

The NFL almost never makes public the result of its reviews, although it did three years ago, when Pereira said officials should have called pass interference against San Francisco on the final play of a wild-card game with the New York Giants. The correct call would have given New York a second chance to kick a game-winning field goal in a 39-38 loss.

The call in Indianapolis incensed Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter, who said after the game: "I know they wanted Indy to win this game; the whole world loves Peyton Manning. But come on, man, don't take the game away from us like that."

so the vanderjagt kick shouldnt have happened anyways, but it did and he missed it, and he sucks so bad david oreck wants to give him an endorsement. he is a fucking terrible kicker, regardless of any past achievements. he sucks and frequents gay clubs and beats his wife.
    um....... WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    .. im back

Battle Record
    5-3
    wow that ref is racist as fuck

Battle Record
    33-54
    lmao

i just went to NFL.com and saw the post.. minus that rasicst line
    so im guessing the thread starter "accidentally" added it
    .. im back

Battle Record
    30-12
    rofl @ Dizzle. . .

it was a shitty call, and they won barely anyway. . . but this shit always seems to happen to Pittsburgh. . I don't mean petty bullshit calls either. .

Battle Record
    52-21
    yo i never knew and i was always curious.....what the hell does rofl mean?? can someone please tell me??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Battle Record
    5-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Killa911
    yo i never knew and i was always curious.....what the hell does rofl mean?? can someone please tell me??
    raping old fat ladies

Battle Record
    52-21
    oh thank you.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins
    ^^^LMAO

That was Good
    RB OG Triple OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    16-4
    LMAO at smelly hawaiin......hes just mad cuz palumalu is betta in life then moretti or watvea and hes jealous
    Monster's Ink

2xOMHoF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Courtesy of: Elvis Freshly

Battle Record
    4-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dez.
    rofl @ Dizzle. . .

it was a shitty call, and they won barely anyway. . . but this shit always seems to happen to Pittsburgh. . I don't mean petty bullshit calls either. .

manning does suck.....he ALWAYZ chokes in the playoff game....dungys son committing suicide had alot to do with it though.....i mean how can u concentrate on football after something like that...also u have to tip ur hat to #7 on pit big ben......he was cool and calm and looked like a quarterback that had been in the playoffs before....just like delhomme.....pit was lucky to win...bill coward is the worst coach in america.....almost blowing a 21-3 lead in the 4th quarter with his faggot conservitive wayz trying to run out the clock with 13 running plays for a total gain for 30 yards....i wish they would have lost but again that #7 on pit made the game saving tackle on the fumble by bettis.....to blame the kicker would just be making him a scape goat.....if pitt would have lost that game the franchise would have fell apart and bill coward would be watching football games from his house for the rest of his life......lucky for him big ben saved his job as a coach and the franchise....i bet he took him to dinner and told him he was the greatest thing since sliced bread
    Last edited by J-2wice; January 17th, 2006 at 03:35 AM