User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Waves Diamond Bundle 5.2 and Waves Vocal Bundle

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Waves Diamond Bundle 5.2 and Waves Vocal Bundle

aight..i looked up Waves Diamond Bundle 5.2...cuz i have 5.0....
    there some extra plug-ins that werent there before, but it said that there were only 27 plug-ins total...i wasnt on the waves site though...so i may be misinformed...is there some stuff missing from 5.2 that was inside of 5.0??? anybody got this that could clear that up for me..i dont wanna lose any of the plug-ins i have in 5.0 by upgrading to 5.2....but then at the same time..i want the new stuff in 5.2...

and also i seen Waves Vocal Bundle....seen it had something called "De-Breather"....is this worth getting??? i get tired of cuttin out my breath's....and i dunno any other way to do it...

LionFire
    I don't know about all that shit...

but as far as cuttin' out your breaths... after you've done your normal noise reduction process... zoom way in on edit view and highlight just a breath part... then capture the noise profile for it... then you apply that to the whole track and it will remove all the breaths in the whole track... it's quick and easy...

^^^ive done that before....it leaves a strange digital soundin noise, or takes out any frequencies similar to my breaths, if i raise the noise reduction floor enough to completely silence the breaths inside my speaking....
    sounds better if i just go through any silence every breath....but sometimes that makes it sound like i punched in, instead of just spittin through....i think a gate can be used to silence the breaths but i dont know how...im curious about this waves de-breather though....

home
    Battle Record
    61-19
    What kinda of new stuff does the 5.2 offer, cuz i only use the waves diamond bundle for the x-noise feature and some lq or eq shit or whatever it is.

Oh yea Waves Vocal bundle. i read about that in this months issue of computermusic. The debreather plugin sounds cool. It supposedly removes breath sounds from tracks by identifying breath segments and seperating it from the reast of the audio. Couldn't find it anywhere yet *bearsharing*

I got Waves Platinum 4.0 and Antares AutoTune recently which are nice.

I'm tryna find this plugin for FL called Sytrus 2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3
    a de-esser works well for cuttin out breaths
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

^^^i dont use De-Esser....muffles my vocals..cuz i dont fully understand it yet...and my mic's shity enough, i cant afford to muffle my shit....the De-Breather Supposedly only take out the breaths, and doesent afect the rest of your vocals at all....

but yo, nobody knows if any of the plug-ins are missing that are in diamond bundle 5.0, from 5.2???

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    im pretty sure what theyve done in the new version is combine a few similar fx into 1 plugin. it still has all the same stuff tho plus a couple added things like the L3 maximizer. for your breaths you need to learn how to use a noise gate. but honestly, nothing is going to beat opening up a volume envelope and lowering the breaths manually. you want to avoid muting them completely or else itll sound like you're punching in. i usually lower them about 10db but you need to lower loud breaths more than quiet ones obviously.

goto www.hip hop canada. com

the engineering the game forum.. look for a post by dub J saying somethng like merry christmas..

anyway u can d/l the waves platinum bundle there.. for PC..
    try it out.. im assuming the diamond bundle out does that so if u like the platinum the it might be right

$ DOT FAT

home
    Battle Record
    61-19
    Is the Diamond bundle BETTER than the platinum bundle?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    yes lol. it has more plugins. www.waves.com do some research

above the clouds.
    Battle Record
    4-1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Time
    a de-esser works well for cuttin out breaths
    and if youre using it to cut out breaths youre also knocking down your quality

it takes time to do, but just go through and highlight your breaths and then amplify them by -8 ... if youre using de-esser to actually cut out breaths that has to be doing terrible shit to the rest of your verse.
    I write with my depression, and every single dream
    That I've ever had, but sadly, that were never given wings

GRINDHOUSE

never even thought to just lower the db instead of silencing them....u just knocked some resin loose from my brain...