User Tag List

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 795

Thread: The God, Religion, Questions & Answers thread!

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    ok instead of turning this into a debate and getting all offended because people don't know about YOUR religion... why don't you start a similar thread OR just take it upon yourself to answer questions about islam.

For instance, what do muslims believe about Jesus. What do they believe about his life, his teachings, his death, etc. Basicly, what is the muslim story of Jesus?

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

Questions on God? Quran? Ask Zed!

Bismillah Hirrahman Nirahim

In the name of God, the most gracious, and most merciful.

Drop a question and i'll attempt to answer it. Please make sure you are respectful so behave yourself. Don't go asking about why you think Osama is the antichrist or ish like that. If i don't know the answer to your question, i will wikipedia it, and give you a summary.

Eg. What's Islam's view on Jesus.

The main difference is that we believe Jesus is only a prophet or Rasool, albeit a very important one. Christians tend to over glorify Jesus putting him in the same level as God, which is wrong. Just like Muhammad, Jesus is only a messenger of God, nothing more nothing less.

There have been about 124,000 prophets (or around that figure). These include Buddha, Zoroaster and a bunch of others. Most of them are unsuccessful at delivering the word of god since as can be expected it is a huge responsibility. Prophets are men who are literally perfect.

In the Quran, it only mentions 25 prophets. These are the important messengers who made a big difference to history hence they're referred to as Rasools. However out of all these men, only 5 are given the title Ululazmi which means something like important leader.

These include: Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon em), Jesus, Ibrahim, Moses, and Noah. These guys are the elites. They're also related hence why Muhammad refers to Jesus as his brother since prophethood travels through a specific bloodline of one of adam's sons. Ideally, if you do not believe in Jesus, you cannot call yourself a Muslim. However, if you believe he was God's only 'begotten' son you are also in error.

Anyway, Jesus is referred to in the Quran as Isa or Masihi. Masihi ofcourse translates to Messiah. We believe he will be coming back. However the one coming back will be the same Jesus 2000 years ago, and NOT another Jesus reborn as in the Christian belief.

Anything else?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

Battle Record
    2-2
    mary magdeline is said to have married jesus and had a kid. yet the muslims and any other bible say its not true. do u think the quran could have possibly been changed so make men to be more supperior or something around those lines. also why is there no female prophets?

thanks.

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins
    In the quaran it is said, that all animals, human or not, are the produce of Allah, therefore the question of pwer iissues cannot be taken, it is also said that Muslims should respect everything of Allahs make, so once again the "Humans are superior" issue is out.

World's Realist Thug gansgta disciple's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-7
    aiight first things first osama bin laden doesnt even exsist

and my question is if god died so long ago how owuld we not forget him and how do we kno wut he looks like

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    ^ Exactly. I said I'm not an expert on Islam. Merge was asking me questions which are outside my realm of knowledge, I answered as best I could. You can clearly see I was reluctant to speak on a subject which I am not certain of. Regardless the point was that there are differences in the things Muslims believe and what Christians believe. In the Christian viewpoint differences can not be tolerated, there is either a true prophet or a false prophet; not a number of equally respected prophets, even if those prophets differ on some points.

-------

To Savir and Delimma:

First of all, the ideas of heaven and hell are one of the worst twistings of God's word and absorbtion of pagan ideologies to ever be perpetuated by many Christian faiths. Despite this, I take the gist of your question to be, "can I be 'saved' even though I do not have complete faith and am not attached to some organization"? The answer is yes. Recall what I said earlier about those who did not do right through ignorance being given a chance to learn and then make a choice. Nobody is expected to believe fully in God and do exactly as he says, if they haven't been taught what that is. You can't follow directions you don't have.

Secondly, God recognizes that we are imperfect creatures. We aren't expected to be perfect, just to do our best. And what our best is, only each individual can know. You must ask yourself however, "how much do I really know"? Responsibility comes with knowledge. Just as I mentioned earlier that a Jew who knows the scriptures and yet does not follow them to their conclusion is making a grave mistake; so too, if you know what you're supposed to be doing, and yet don't do it, that is a problem.

In the end, I am in no position to say so-and-so is saved, so-and-so is not... That's not my place, I can't read hearts. But I can tell you that as long as you are truly trying to live the best lives you can, then I have confidence that we will see each other in a better world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    16-7
    my question is if god died so long ago how owuld we not forget him and how do we kno wut he looks like

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    Not sure I understand your question. Are you asking how we know that Jesus lived? If so, then you are correct, nobody is quite certain exactly how he looked. The depictions of him as a pale, sickly looking chap, are almost certainly in error. As far as how do we know he existed, there are four biographies of his life, written by persons who knew him well, and Jesus's existence is mentioned in secular historical sources such as Josephus (a historian of the time period).

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

PS-187
    Dude....

GOD created Adam and Eve.........GOD.

I didn't READ in Bible anything about God having assistant managers helping out with "operation: humanity".

Jesus was God's child.
    He was a mortal with a divine soul.

WOW, kid......you seen too many movies.

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    Instead of trying to insult me, just ask for the scriptural references, as I stated I was very willing to provide, it just saves time for me to only include them upon request.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1:26
    And God went on to say: Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth.
    Who is God talking to here, when he says "us" and "our"?

Quote Originally Posted by Colossians 1:15-17
    He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist,
    The latter portion of verse 13, and indeed the first 14 verses of this chapter, show who this is talking about. Jesus Christ, the son of god.
    Last edited by SMZ; December 12th, 2005 at 01:23 PM

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    16-7
    aiight anotha question,

how did god create adam and eve if himslef wasnt even created

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    Good follow-up question. The answer is that Jesus is not God. He is the son of God. He himself always gave credit to his father as being greater than him. The other half of that answer is that 'Jesus' was not always human, and is not now. That is why he spoke of himself as having "descended from heaven". Originally, he was an angel. In the Bible he is called 'Michael the archangel'. God transferred the life-force of his angelic son, to a human body to offer a human life as a sacrafice for our sins. That is how the perfect human 'Jesus' came into being.

The reason a perfect human was needed was to balance the scales of justice. When Adam sinned, he was a perfect human. Since a perfect human had made the original sin, a perfect human life was needed to pay the debt. None of us is perfect of course however. So that is why God took one of his perfect angelic sons, and transferred him to a human life, so that the debt could be paid. The fact that he chose his 'only-begotten' son, instead of simply a random angel, shows how much he cares about us.

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    Glad to see this thread, if I get any more questions which start to veer into your realm, I'll link them right away

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    4-1
    Awards LLL HOF
    If you question your faith, isnt that really saying your faith is strong, and really exist?

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    Depends on which direction the questions lead. But yes, asking questions and having your faith reaffirmed is a good thing.

I'm dead.

Hence Forward