User Tag List

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 52 53
Showing results 781 to 795 of 795

Thread: The God, Religion, Questions & Answers thread!

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    ..well...we know snow isn't going to heaven...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    actually itll have a first class seat to stay on earth forever... cus physically living forever makes a lot more sense than spiritually living forever

You've Earned a Custom Title! OneBadCracka's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-1
    Living forever physicaly would suck because evryone you meet and get relationships with would die off and you would have to suffer the lose of someone over and over and over again. And i dont believe in this religion stuff pretty much at all and since there is no proof im not going to live my life resriceted because of some story some jew somewhere wrote, and if i burn in hell forever then i'll worry about that then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Roses are red, Violets are blue, I'm number one, And your number two

..Rest In Peace Dustin Park..

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    if you would only do what's right because religion told you to then you're an asshole.

You are the asshole. GO JESUS...AMEN to that ma nigga F U!!!

WHAT IT DO? you i want to ask you something

Quote Originally Posted by Oneness
    lmao word amen ra to that
    YOu a ho, i will fight you right now ma nigga, F U

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    ..wtf^^.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Spul Ka Trinde
    it goes to show how absent minded black people can be
    black people need to grow the fuck up
    dont talk to me about how blacks are mistreated when all they do is kil themselves
    and to top all that off he says...

Originally Posted by Spul Ka Trinde
    keeps sayin im rascist though i have never given a reason to be called it

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    woot @ RB not taking two minutes to load pages anymore...

the egyptian god was actually Amun-Re... he wasn't popular until he got merged with Ra - 'amen' as the hebrew word has a whole different meaning

the egyptian amun means 'that which is hidden', 'concealed', etc... 'amen' on the other hand carries the meaning of agreement, consent, etc... two totally different words and ideas

----------

and the resurrection is a pretty clear biblical idea Opey, that's why Jesus, and others, did it... to give evidence that when his kingdom comes - it can be and will be done

if going to heaven was the ultimate reward, doncha think those ppl woulda been pissed to be brought back? or they woulda said something about the awesome time they were having basking in the divine presence or whatever.... instead they went happily away with their families, glad for a few more years

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

You've Earned a Custom Title! Seneka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMZ
    woot @ RB not taking two minutes to load pages anymore...

the egyptian god was actually Amun-Re... he wasn't popular until he got merged with Ra - 'amen' as the hebrew word has a whole different meaning

the egyptian amun means 'that which is hidden', 'concealed', etc... 'amen' on the other hand carries the meaning of agreement, consent, etc... two totally different words and ideas

----------

and the resurrection is a pretty clear biblical idea Opey, that's why Jesus, and others, did it... to give evidence that when his kingdom comes - it can be and will be done

if going to heaven was the ultimate reward, doncha think those ppl woulda been pissed to be brought back? or they woulda said something about the awesome time they were having basking in the divine presence or whatever.... instead they went happily away with their families, glad for a few more years
    Well...your upper paragraphs seem to be correct...the lower one, bible stuff. Then again, from what I've heard, wasn't Jesus originally the Archangel Michael before he was born as a human?
    Got Personality?

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    can't say with absolute certainty - but that seems likely, yes

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    I'm not a language expert... I just happen to know the origins of those two words... it's a false cognate - given that you know two languages, I would figure you'd know all about that

trust me - Amun didn't get popular until AFTER the Isrealites left Egypt - it was around that time that he became Amun-Re, he got merged with Ra, and then he became Egypt's chief diety - and his name does not mean the same thing as the Isrealite "amen"

and word at christmas - was the celebration for the Winter Solstice... which is why I don't do it

and amen would be a Jewish thing... not a Christian thing... since Christians are Neo-Jews tho... it carried over... but it carried over from the Jews... not from the Egyptians

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    but it does matter whether he was popular or not - like most polytheistic peoples, the Egyptians had many, many dieties

you wouldn't pray to one of the dozens, maybe hundreds of minor dieties on a regular basis - you'd only pray to him if you were about to do something in his specific area of godship - they usually had one major diety however, whichever one the Pharaoh of the time favored, and pretty much everybody would pray to him on a regular basis

secondly, different towns might have their particular favorite diety - so in that particular town, people would generally pray to both the national diety and the town diety about equally

but it makes no sense to think that some little minor deity would be carried over into jewishness - there are dozens, maybe hundred of other names which would have been just as likely, or more likely to carry over if that was the case...

if an egyptian of that time was praying - it wouldn't have been likely that he was praying to Amun

Ra was the popular guy of the moment - so if something was going to carry over - they would've been saying Ra or Re at the end of prayers

-----------
    Second point - the Jews were a lot more serious about not "corrupting" their faith than the Christians were. Generally speaking, Jews killed people who talked about other gods, or who didn't combletely abase themselves to Jewish culture... and then they still killed em sometimes - lol.

Whether you believe the biblical stories or not, that gives an idea of their culture. Their cultural idea is that, for instance - the story of the golden calf. When some of their own Isrealites started talking about another god - they killed em. Now what you think gonna happen when the Egyptian tagalongs start talking about "in Amun's name we pray"? They woulda got stoned with the quickness.

-----------
    Man it's just like the people now who talk about the spanish pronunctiation of Je'sus - and oh looky, it's like saying 'Hey Zeus'.... the two words got nothing to do with one another

I guess it's fun to think about... but there really ain't a connection

EDIT: and word - I know the Christians picked up bits and pieces from all over to make converts - the Catholic Encyclopedia will admit that openly - just nobody reads anymore, so generally ppl don't know... but we talking about Jews here

and the whole basis of Jewish culture is: we're special, we're god's chosen people, the rest of the world is "Gentiles" and they are less than us - the Jews have never been too open to pick up things from others

true, there have been eras when they opened up to the peoples around them some - but there's always been a backlash, the idea of being seperate is extremely strong in Jew culture
    Last edited by SMZ; July 10th, 2006 at 11:04 AM

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    ok... I see the words - but I have no clue what you are babbling about

-------------
    to avoid essays I'll try to make the points simple...

Premise: Saying Amun got carried over from Egypt to the Isrealites and eventually Christians makes no sense.

Reason 1: Amun was a minor diety at the time. There are dozens, maybe hundreds of other names which would've been more likely to be carried over. Ra, Horus, Osiris, Isis, Seth... we could go on and on...

To use a modern example, if our president is our chief political figure, and thus = Ra... then Amun would be somebody like South Carolina's Lieutenant Governor...... nobody knows who that is, not even everybody in South Carolina. It would be absurd to think his name is important enough to be adopted into a foreign peoples religion.

Reason 2: Jews don't, and especially didn't, like foreign cultural and relgious ideas. They killed their own people for 'sins' such as that. If a few tagalong Egyptians didn't show complete conversion to Jewish custom and religion, they woulda been stoned. The idea that they talked about their 'false god' and somehow convinced the Isrealites to include him, doesn't make a bit of sense.

as always of course - believe what you wish
    Last edited by SMZ; July 11th, 2006 at 02:05 AM

I'm dead.

Hence Forward

doesnt afraid of anything
    Battle Record
    18-8
    I'm unsure if this has been asked, but I wanted to know, from a religious person's point of view, if you really thought something dramatic was going to happen on 6/6/06?

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    didn't that already pass?

and no I didn't... our dating system has nothing to do with the devil... it's a human device - we pick a random moment and start counting from it... nothing mystical at all

not to mention that number would be 6606 anyway... maybe even 60606 or 06606 if you write dates like europe - regardless... nothing to it

I'm dead.

Hence Forward