User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 50

Thread: Marshall Mathers (My Opinion)

Reinventing Illness TheReinvention's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-11

Marshall Mathers (My Opinion)

Okay, I know this is getting old. This will be the first, and last post of Eminem I put on here for awhile. But here is my oppinion on his skill.

When I heard his first single (My Name Is) I hated it. I didnt like it, it was gay. Im like, this guy cant rap. What? HE IS WHITE?! Ha! Funny!

But then u hear the rest of his album. The song Bad Meets Evil, Im like. WHOA! He can rap? Thats cool, but still not too good. Then Role Model is heard, and its like, hmmm, yeah okay, he has alittle skill. Well i gave that album a whopping 7/10. Im like. Eminem? Ha! funny.

Okay, then we go to his Marshall Mathers LP, and I listen to it, and hear his unbelievable songs he has released, with the exception, "THE REAL SLIM SHADY" which sucked to me. haha. Anyways, he had some awsome songs on it, and introduced me to D12. Which they were alright.

Then we hear the Eminem Show. Too me, I think he evolved into someone far greater than what he was. He had experience, and he took a whole new approach. Eminem was getting hot.

Then Encore comes out.. ehh ?? What?! LOL! What happened to Eminem getting hot at rap? Okay, he had some good songs. MockingBird, Like Toy Soldiers, Evil Deeds, Yellow Brick Road. Those songs were the hits to me. After that, most of the album sucked. We had some mediocar music goin on there. He totally blew his ontop stuff. Unless he was experimenting, then Eminem (u lost it) but i did enjoy some of the songs. He is still experimenting maybe? Idk. lol. Or else he lost it.

Now his new album is coming to town. (Curtain Call) I heard 2 songs off of it so far. Fack (Funny, and whack at the same time.) I dont wanna say it sucks, cause I got hooked to it after the third listen. But I think its garbage, and totally a screw up. Then we hear a song called When Im Gone.

IM like, okay, the Eminem Show Marshall is back. He started that song awsome, and VERY GOOD! I love it, and I listen to it everyday. He has refurbished himself in one song, but one song wont cut it. He has to show that atleast 9 songs on his next album are worth listening to. Then he will gain some respect back from me. I still have it for him, just not like I use to. He is doing ok now. I give him a 7/10. He had some good 8 Mile soundtrack songs as well. Rabbit Run was great. 8 Mile Road was awsome!

Overall: Eminem, ur style is going down hill, go back to what you were man. I loved your Eminem Show style, but when Encore came out, you went down hill. I loved the album tho, the songs grew on me. Yet, you were lacking your skill that everyone loved so much. I aint hating on Eminem, I love his rapping, but its just, he needs to look at his work, maybe take 3 years to work on one final album. He got into producing, and he does good at that. Maybe one more album after Curtain Call, and have it be your last. Show these people who the Real Slim Shady is. People, this is my oppinion, so please dont hate. lol.
    <center>

" Reinventing Illness "

<marquee behavior=alternate><font size=3>"Reinventing Illness"</marquee>

"Hit Up Sum Votes"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eminems a little bitch

Quote Originally Posted by SICK_FUCKER
    eminems a little bitch
    ^ Your too dumb to come up with a meaningful opinion. Go lay down before you hurt yourself.

Honestly I think Slim Shady LP was Em's best album as far as substance goes. He was poor, angry, on drugs, and sounded like he didn't really even think he was going to make it (even though we all know the megastar he became after releasing it.)

But in my opinion, Eminem has gotten WORSE every album. After SSLP he released MMLP. Which was dope, but I feel it didn't have the same substance that SSLP had. He was rich now and he made it, so all of that pressure that he was facing on SSLP was off of him and it sounds like he had to force a lot of new shit to talk about. He started attacking homosexuals and also bit Chino XL's style even more (that's right!) by using celeb punchlines. But overall the album was nice and Em even improved his Rapping ability, though he lacked the substance that I loved from SSLP

Then Eminem Show dropped and Eminem changed things up once again. He was no longer the crazed but insanely dope lyricist drug abuser, but he was now a lot more serious lyrically. But I feel in order to get his much more serious message across he "dumb downed" some of his lyrical ability. I feel like the album was also plagued with weak songs like "Square Dance" and "Down To Business." Aswell as weak beats at times.

Then Encore hit. And it was absolutely horrible. It's like Eminem was stuck inbetween his Eminem Show and SSLP persona and he couldn't really pull either off like he once could. His a success now. All the anger/drug produced/desperate for attention lyrics he use to kick back in the day no longer played a part in his life. Giving another crushing blow to the content in his lyrics.

Now his releasing Curtain Call which is a greatest hits CD with some new stuff recorded on it, containing "When I'm Gone" which is good, but is nothing like what he was capable of in the pass, showing that the man just isn't good anymore. And the infamous "Fack." Which also shows that his completely clueless about what to talk about.

V/ It was a nice run but Eminem fell off. And he can't go back to that style based on the shit I said above. How is he going to talk about being poor, addicted to drugs, not being the sharpest tool in the jar, and being a bigass loser when his as successful as he is now?

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15
    Yeah I think SSLP was his best album..
    But Eminem just isnt the same artist, but hes just washed up, the quality of his music has gone down, simple said, no need to explain anything in fancy rap lingo. We know hes a better artist but that artist doesnt want to show up. Sorta like Jay-Z
    "I dumbed down for my audience, and doubled my dollars, they criticized me for it, yet they all yell, HOLLA" But we all know Jay-Z is still as nasty as before, because of the shit hes been releasing
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

You've Earned a Custom Title! niggerican's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-1
    eminems a little bitch
    You see why no one cares about your opinions? Because you never back them up with facts.

Anyway I agree with Cold on how encore was a horrible album. People just don't know what music is shit and whats good when they hear it. When I'm gone is one of the best songs I've heard him come up with in a while, I'm glad he didn't add any cocky shit in that song. When I first heard it I was like "ugh, another Mockingbird song?" But I heard it and it was way better then mockingbird. Curtain call. Hopefully pretty good.

eminem hasnt fallen off, he just CANT rap about the shit he did on sslp cuz he isnt living that lifestyle anymore, thats what u people need to understand.

Mammoth Gangsta Movement
    Battle Record
    18-22
    now u see eminem has alot of wack songs but not ill u like hear detroit city drama setter and the most shady and things like htat those songs r tight but other wise i agree with what u said

Battle Record
    2-1
    ^Am I the only one who didn't understand a word he said?

i dont need facts im 100 percent sure id beat the fuck out of him if i seen him on the streets

hasta la victoria siempre
    Battle Record
    1-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Niggerican
    ^Am I the only one who didn't understand a word he said?
    lmao nope

eminem was sick until lose yourself came out back during 8 mile...and it went all downwards from there.

Originally Posted by Brandon Heat
    I said shorten your fucking sig...

-Me...

Battle Record
    2-1
    i dont need facts im 100 percent sure id beat the fuck out of him if i seen him on the streets
    Well, if you wan't people to listen to what you have to say. YOU HAVE TO BACK IT UP WITH FACTS. Or else, you sound like a little 12 year old. (Which you probley are...)

d-_-b
    Battle Record
    1-7
    8 mile is to blame for everything bad to ever happen to hip hop.

sadly.

hasta la victoria siempre
    Battle Record
    1-1
    what are you talking about.

Originally Posted by Brandon Heat
    I said shorten your fucking sig...

-Me...

Battle Record
    2-1
    8 mile? chedda bob? yeah..... mc bob.

d-_-b
    Battle Record
    1-7
    Quote Originally Posted by Junio
    what are you talking about.
    anytime someone makes a thread about someone in hip hop, or hip hop itself falling off. it always traces back to the release of 8 mile