User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Baton rouge/New Orleans Rivalry

!.VeRbZ.!

Baton rouge/New Orleans Rivalry

Uh as some of you may know(atleast the ones who know me..lol)....I have cousins in the Chi and Louisiana...my cousin called me today talkin bout what happened at school so i looked it up and found out about if on wafb.com...he said there was a clip found at da school...and other weapons he says some shit bout he wit somebody like da 225's or some shit...stupid n ignorant really tellin me he gon shoot a nigga(lol wit a pelet gun his mama would beat his ass)..neways here ya go

Baker Middle School spent part of the day on lock down Friday after a teacher found a loaded assault rifle clip inside the boys locker room. A later search turned up even more weapons. Now, parents are fearful of what they see as a brewing turf battle between Baker students and the new kids on the block -- hurricane evacuees from New Orleans.

No arrests were made following the weapons discoveries Friday, and police say they are aware of the growing problems between the two groups of students, self-named the "225's" and the "504's" after their telephone area codes. Those area codes, along with profanity, have been spray painted on bathroom walls at the school. That, combined with the weapons find, has parents on edge.

Parent Monica Dixon explains, "My son says there's fighting here everyday. New Orleans against Baton Rouge."

It's an aftermath of Hurricane Katrina that parents never anticipated... Baker students vs. their New Orleans evacuee classmates.

"It's very frightening," says Dixon. "First of all, you send your kids to school and you expect them to be in a safe environment, and to know something like this is happening... It's terrifying."

A teacher found the assault rifle clip loaded with .223 ballistic cartridges above a ceiling panel in the boys locker room. The discovery came after a call to the school from a New Orleans parent who said there could be a showdown between the two groups of students. Police put a lock down in place at the school and began searching lockers. They also used a police dog to search backpacks for any weapons hidden inside.

School officials assured nervous parents waiting outside the school that nothing had happened and everyone was safe. But Baker Police Chief Sid Gautreaux admits there is a problem.

"There is a little riff between two groups of students," he says. "We've identified those students. We have them separated."

But many parents still worry, like Teresa Cox. She says, "My son comes home and says there's fights here every day. It's awful. It's a shame that a child can't go to school and enjoy themselves and feel safe."

Other weapons turned up during the search of the school include a hunting knife with a 6-inch blade, a pocket knife, and mace.

!.VeRbZ.!
    oh yea a pic of the clip is in ma sig....

!.VeRbZ.!
    damn well it was supposed to be...

Mike Huntgrowls
    wow crazy shit

!.VeRbZ.!

thats da clip

!.VeRbZ.!
    chea same thing i was thinkin im goin down there supposedly next week........stay wit my aunt for a little......