Sean "Diddy" Combs, Russell Simmons and Kanye West are scheduled to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Million Man March by helping the launch of the Millions More Movement this upcoming weekend in Washington, D.C.

Reverend Run, Damon Dash, Jermaine Dupri, LL Cool J, Common, Wyclef Jean, Foxy Brown, David Banner, Snoop Dogg, Ice-T, Jim Jones, Juelz Santana, Master P, Juvenile, ?uestlove of The Roots, Biz Markie, Kid Capri, Wu Tang Clan, Xzibit, the Ruff Ryders, dead prez and others are also set to take part in the event.

"The commemoration deserves the respect and support of all people of good will who cherish the universal love of humanity," said Simmons via a statement. "The time has come for the Hip-Hop community and all of us to come together and participate in a movement which will have a fundamental influence on the lives of this generation and generations to come."

In addition to Hip-Hop leaders, the march will unite the poor and disenfranchised at Washington, D.C.'s National Mall this coming Saturday. The march aims to mobilize men, women and the youth into a movement and make a stand against poverty in America. The march comes 10 years after the initial Million Man March which assembled two million Black men working towards becoming better father, husbands and sons back in October of 1995.

The Millions More Movement is being organized by several national organizations, including the Nation of Islam, the National Council of Negro Women, the NAACP, the National Urban League, the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, The National Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, the National Action Network and the Congressional Black Caucus, among others. Washington D.C. pastor Reverend Willie Wilson will serve as the Millions More Movement's National Director.

West recently showed his appreciation for the movement during his acceptance speech for the Million Man March Image Award at Chicago's Mosque Maryam. "When your message resonates with the people, then you know your message is from God, and we are building this movement in the interest of all of God's people," said West.

G.O.O.D. Music artist Common commented, "I always looked at hip-hop as a vehicle to educate, to enlighten, to inspire. If we make money at this music game, we can contribute to our communities, create jobs in our communities and really help make a difference.

"Participating on October 15 will draw much needed attention to these issues," adds Common. "I was given a tremendous gift and a platform, and it is my responsibility to use my platform to do the work of the Most High."

Actor Harry Belafonte, scholars Cornell West and Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, comedian Steve Harvey, journalist Tavis Smiley, radio personality Tom Joyner and many others will either sponsors or participate in the event. The event will also include a National Memorial Service to commemorate the victims of Hurricane Katrina and their families. The service will be followed by the Millions More Movement program.

The Millions More Movement takes place October 14-16 on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/7653