User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Beginning Producing.

Beginning Producing.

I don't have anything...I have Cool Edit Pro, Reason 2.5 and I don't know what to do....I looked through the tutorials in the sticky, but didn't find anything that helped. I don't know anything about producing, can someone help?

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3
    view the tutorial that came wit reason...it will you show you everything you need to know to use that program proficiently

as for cool edit...what do you want to know?
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Truthfully, I don't know what I need to know.

u need to read the manual & use the reason tutorial

I'm Only Here 4 ME Fuck U TheUnderRated's Avatar
    Battle Record
    57-36
    pull up a mixer .. pull up a redrum ... pull up some N19 samplers .. pull up some reverb and delay ... and there you go .. bang it out son ..
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

i changed to fruity loops....i like it alot i made a decent one last night in about an hour n a half....thanks for the help tho guys

Speech is my Hammer Hail the Vibe's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-14
    I need to start makin beats too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dj_fade_out
    If you choose to go back to reason I'd suggest you get a midi controller like the m-audio O2. Making music in reason without a keyboard can be done, but it's a lot easier with a keyboard.

Battle Record
    9-5
    yeah, if you want to get serious, get reason, a keyboard, and cubase...that's a decent way to start, and except 50 bux or so for the keyboard (assuming you buy a cheapie...you can even get something real cheap @ a thrift shop if it has midi out) the internet can make it all free for you.

Honestly, reason has a little bit of a learning curve, but you'd do yourself a big favor to learn it instead of using fruity loops....reason is infinitely better than FL.

<br>
    one.<br>

Originally Posted by Ha Style
    Then at night, I had a dream where she was King Kong and she climbed the school with me screaming in her hand.

Battle Record
    5-3
    Quote Originally Posted by 1up
    Honestly, reason has a little bit of a learning curve, but you'd do yourself a big favor to learn it instead of using fruity loops....reason is infinitely better than FL.
    LMAO

if its infinetly better, that should mean, he can pick reason right up, and make a beat better than me... considering i have been using fruityloops since version 1.5....

so he should therefore be a better producer than i am, considering he's using a tool that is infinetly better.

its all in whose using the tools man... reason may come with its own soundbanks, and have better standard sounds than FL... and have more midi options and whatever... but seriously... dont tell him its some golden program... let him get comfortble with what he likes.

Battle Record
    9-5
    aight...I'll clarify....

Reason has infinitely more possibilities. I agree, anyone can make a dope beat with just about anything. I know a few cats who make some hot shit with nothing but a shitty old laptop and fruity loops.

I would assume even you have to admit though, you're doing yourself a favor if you go with reason, definitely a lot more possibilities, and just a higher quality program overall. I feel like 95% of shit I hear made w/ fruity loops, I can identify it as being FL produced, without knowing who made it or anything. I'm not sure what it is about FL, but something always just sticks out a lil' funny.

Anyway, the editing program you use will make more of a difference than the app you're using for beats. Cubase is a personal fav, but I've been using it for a long time. Audition is a lot simpler, so if you feel overwhelmed by cubase, Adobe Audition is a good way to go.

It is mostly who's doing the beatmaking, but I think on a app to app comparison, reason is infinitely better. I never claimed that reason would make a shitty producer a good one, though :P

my bad if I struck a nerve or some shit...it's all love.

<br>
    one.<br>

Originally Posted by Ha Style
    Then at night, I had a dream where she was King Kong and she climbed the school with me screaming in her hand.

Quote Originally Posted by KTR The Rush
    i changed to fruity loops....i like it alot i made a decent one last night in about an hour n a half....thanks for the help tho guys
    i started on FL...and I aint looked back since kid

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by 1up
    aight...I'll clarify....

Reason has infinitely more possibilities. I agree, anyone can make a dope beat with just about anything. I know a few cats who make some hot shit with nothing but a shitty old laptop and fruity loops.

I would assume even you have to admit though, you're doing yourself a favor if you go with reason, definitely a lot more possibilities, and just a higher quality program overall. I feel like 95% of shit I hear made w/ fruity loops, I can identify it as being FL produced, without knowing who made it or anything. I'm not sure what it is about FL, but something always just sticks out a lil' funny.

Anyway, the editing program you use will make more of a difference than the app you're using for beats. Cubase is a personal fav, but I've been using it for a long time. Audition is a lot simpler, so if you feel overwhelmed by cubase, Adobe Audition is a good way to go.

It is mostly who's doing the beatmaking, but I think on a app to app comparison, reason is infinitely better. I never claimed that reason would make a shitty producer a good one, though :P

my bad if I struck a nerve or some shit...it's all love.
    i guarantee you wouldnt be able to tell that tax's beats are made in FL... or alcatrakz, or avalon, or Fade Out, or MINE lol. all the top producers on this site use FL. Reason is NOT a better program period. anything you can do on reason i can do on FL. and i also use reason so i know what im doin in both.

I would also recommend Nuendo over Cubase for its better midi capabilities. I also agree that you shouldn't be making beats on any program without some kind of midi controller. It makes life so much easier.

Speech is my Hammer Hail the Vibe's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-14
    Opey IS the queen of life.