User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Proof- Searching For Jerry Garcia

Proof- Searching For Jerry Garcia

1. Knice- The intro. Proof is siting at an award show where he says that his accomplished so much and at the same time he hasn't accomplished anything. Eventually his name gets called for the Hiphop recognition award.

2. Clap Wit Me- The beat to this song is pretty ill, nice and soothing. It has a nice oldschool R&B sound to it. The singing in the hook adds to the old school feel. Proof's lyrics are nice and the singing in the hook sounds pretty tight. Good intro. 8/10

3. Bilboa's Theme- Here Proof comes on some dark shit over a nice gritty beat. The hook is dope as fuck and Proof comes with some nice lines "Can barely add but still got ADD" "I'm too schitzophrenic to touch a scandolous bust." nice shit. 8.5/10

4. When God Calls...- A skit where somebody drive by's Proof and he's taken to the Hospital where he dies.

5. Forgive Me feat. 50 Cent- One of my favorite songs on the album. Here Proof comes on some personal shit. He talks about his dad not being around, not feeling love from his mother, how his scared to have a child so he forces girls to have abortions and all the grimey shit he did in the streets. Thankfully 50 just sings the hook, and he isn't half bad. "Barely raised by my dysfunctional fam. Here I am as a dysfunctional man." 10/10

6. Purple Gang- This is a song by some guys from Detroit I guess called the Purple Gang. The beats clubby and pretty catchy and the Rappers come decent. The hooks pretty catchy too, singing kinda sounds like Pharell, but not all high pitched. 7/10

7. Nat Morris- A skit with some guy (Nat Morris I suppose) hosting some show in Detroit where he talks about changing the name of Detroit from "Motown to Geektown so we can really get down"

8. Gurls Wit Da Boom- I hear this is the single Proof's coming out. Obviously it's a club song. Beat and hook are pretty catchy, lyrics aren't bad for a club track. Sound's like it could get some attention on 106 & Park. 7.5/10

9. High Rollers feat. B-Real and Method Man- Nice beat, a cool song to chill to. Everyone comes nice on this song but Method cleary outshines both Proof and B-Real. 8/10

10. Rondell Beene- A skit with some guy who's a Pimp at a radio station. Sound's like a reject from Hustle and Flow. Pretty funny actually. "I don't discrimanate, I kill bitches, pets, dogs cats, canaries, anything that's how I do it."

11. Pimplikeness feat. D12- Nice catchy Pimp shit here. Real dope hook, everyone comes nicely except for Bizzare who damn near ruins the entire track by rhyming "man" like four times. Kuniva definately catches attention on this track. 7/10

12. Ali feat. MC Breed- Dope beat here. This is kinda a bragging track where Proof and Breed talk about how they have exactly what you got so there really isn't a point for nigga's to stunt. Proof has some nice lines here. 8/10

13. No. T. Lose feat. King Gordy- Here Proof comes back on some dark shit. He talks about all the shit he use to do in the street and how nobody wants to fuck with him and how he has nothing to lose and his not ashamed of anything he does. Cool song, catchy and eerie hook from King Gordy. 8.5/10

14. Jump Biatch- This songs a weird ass story track where Proof's talking to some girl who has a fucked up life and got raped by her daddy and what not. So he gets her fucked up on pills and takes her to the top floor of a building so she can commit suicide and jump. The hook's pretty annoying, just him repeating "Jump Bitch" over and over. He comes with some pretty funny lines

What you scared of? It could be worst. Tell you what I'll jump if you go first. "Will you do that really?" Nope, and that's no lie. Cross my fingers and hope that you die. At the end his dancing on the ledge to make her believe it'll all be okay and falls off.

Tracks pretty skippable.5/10

15. M.A.D feat. Rude Jude- Pretty nice beat. Kinda a party song. It's like the drug addict anthem or some shit. Proof talks about all the drugs and other fucked up shit he does and how his not going to hide the fact that he does drugs anymore. At the end Rude Jude I suppose talks a bunch of shit to his mom and dad pretty funny. 6.5/10

16. 72nd & Central feat. Obie Trice and J Hill- Song starts off with some kid asking John Lennon for his autograph and then gun shots go off and John get's shot. Beats ill is fuck. Real eerie dark shit. The two verses are about 10 rules about being on the street, dope shit "SIX SIX SIX! The devils ya man the ghetto's ya land. When you got knocked the block turned yellow and ran." Everyone comes nice, the hooks ill too. 8.5/10

17. Sammy Da Bull feat. Nate Dogg and Swifty McVay- Nice hard beat here. This track is about all the fake ass studio gangsta's out there talking about all kind of bullshit they've never did and how they also snitch. Proof and Swifty both come nicely and Nate Dogg does a illy hook of course. And I seriously doubt it but there may be a shot at a certain infamous Rapper. "I'm from Detroit bitch it ain't cool to be shot!" *gunshots* "Is he still alive!?" "Yeah, I think so." "Alright great let's sign him!"Not saying it is about 50, but he is the first guy that comes to mind after hearing that.8.5/10

18. Black Wrist Bro's feat. 1st Born- Dope beat here. Proof comes back on some personal shit. 1st Born isn't bad himself. Nice stuff here "It's easy to be the coldest in life. But can you write your heart in your rhyme and spit your soul in your mic?" Here Proof and 1st Born talk about how they'll both ride for each other and they got each others back. 9.5/10

19. Slum Elementz feat. T-3 of (Slum Village) & Mudd (of Sela)- Dope ass beat here. Actually sums up the word "Slum" if you think about it. Real slow and gritty with eerie singing. Nice sung hook. Everyone comes nice here and T-3 is fuckin' illy. This songs pretty much about all the struggles they've gone through in the past and the people who were just keeping them all back and feel envious now that they made it big. 10/10

20. Kurt Kobain- Nice shit here. Proof starts off saying this is his last letter and fuck the world. Some more personal stuff here. He talks about how he feels about everyone in D12, and how he wishes he could take everything back but it's too late and he comes ill. "I put my soul through the ink. Bless the pad with thoughts. Add my force before I go extinct." Nice hook. One of my favorite songs on the album. At the end he commits suicide and continues to speak saying "Kill me with love." 10/10

Ratings:
    Beats: 8.5/10
    Lyrics: 8.5/10
    Overall: 8/10

Overall this is a pretty good album, it has a combination of dark and party tracks. Death's a real big theme on the album from the cover art to the songs themselves, pick it up if you wanna

Edit: I would just like to say the DVD I got with this CD is dope. Proof is a crazy mutha fucka. And 50 Cent looked like he didn't want to battle Eminem
    Last edited by Raptor Jesus; August 14th, 2005 at 05:17 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-0
    hmmm, i saw this in the store, i like the title of the album, but i'm not much of a huge fan of 50mscent and them, but maybe i'll check it out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Animal
    Battle Record
    8-3
    Awards LLL Season Champion
    this is decent

waaay better than i thought it would be

Life Aesthetic
    who the fuck is Jerry Garcia

Battle Record
    7-9
    Quote Originally Posted by Life Aesthetic
    who the fuck is Jerry Garcia
    *shakes head*

no comment

Life Aesthetic
    ohh yeah, I forgot.. everyone in the world is supposed to know who Jerry Garcia is

That was kinda the point on the title. In the DVD Proof was asking people who Jerry Garcia was and nobody knew who the fuck he was talking about.

Life Aesthetic
    damn that's all that needed to be said you know.. it seems like it's the in thing on this site to look down on people

Battle Record
    7-0
    men proof is a beast i no this album is good imma boot leg this

Im Iris Bitch..

^ It's a pretty good listen. Kurt Kobain is dope as fuck. Maybe it's just because I can relate to it but it always makes me feel all emotional and shit.

better than legendary Neruda II's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-2
    I'll check it out.
    murder murder

oh shit
    Battle Record
    11-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Samson
    ^ It's a pretty good listen. Kurt Kobain is dope as fuck. Maybe it's just because I can relate to it but it always makes me feel all emotional and shit.
    yea i feel on that imma listen 2

happyhalloween mothafucka dutchMASTER401's Avatar
    Battle Record
    17-4
    kurt kobain is fucking ill................proof is now my favorite member of d12.......didnt think he could come that nice on the solo tip

Battle Record
    1-0
    This is a horrible review. You gave YOUR opinion.

In a review you're supposed to explain what the lyrics contain(punchlines, multies, wordplay, or gay ass basic rhyming like 50 cent). You don't explain none of that, but "lyrics are nice". What the fuck do YOU consider nice? shiiit. Also give examples of hot shit like how rapreviews does it (RapReviews suck, but at least they post some quotes).
    2-0-0

Latest win: Kiks(no show)
    Triple X:

Xtra Xtreme Xperience

*~*Fuck A Custom Title*~*
    In The Hallowed Halls of UpInYew University
    Battle Record
    0-1
    I"m picking it up, no doubt..Heard Kurt Kobain..I've always liked him the most out of all the d-12 members..He's just talented...
    B.C.B. Enterprises

"9 to 5 is how you survive..I ain't tryna survive..I'm tryna live it to the limit and love it allive.."-Jay Z