User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: “Looting” term being abused(the media disgusts me)

Battle Record
    12-1

“Looting” term being abused(the media disgusts me)

I’m getting really sick of how the media is throwing around the term “looting” and pointing the finger at starving people. I understand you shouldn’t loot Circuit City for DVD players, but most people don’t. Most supposed “looters” are starving people who haven’t had fresh water of food in days. It’s horrible how the media can point the finger and say a person is bad or should be arrested for getting canned goods or bread or bottles water from the grocery store. Should they watch the food spoil while they die of starvation? While their kids starve? The fucking food will spoil anyway! Shop ‘N’ Save has insurance! Fuck starving or drinking muddy water when a store is right down the fucking street!

On Bill O’Reilly they were talking about a store that got destroyed and all the food was just laying in the street. Bill said people should be arrested for picking up the canned goods. WTF?! They are starving! Then Bill tried to make it seem like this only happens in black communities. The fag calls it “The Urban Menace”. I swear to God, I fucking hate the media.

By the way, in most places, the police are helping people “loot” food and “looting” food themselves. It’s not really looting, people! It’s survival.

What do you think about how the media is using the word “loot”?
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked
    I’m getting really sick of how the media is throwing around the term “looting” and pointing the finger at starving people. I understand you shouldn’t loot Circuit City for DVD players, but most people don’t. Most supposed “looters” are starving people who haven’t had fresh water of food in days. It’s horrible how the media can point the finger and say a person is bad or should be arrested for getting canned goods or bread or bottles water from the grocery store. Should they watch the food spoil while they die of starvation? While their kids starve? The fucking food will spoil anyway! Shop ‘N’ Save has insurance! Fuck starving or drinking muddy water when a store is right down the fucking street!

On Bill O’Reilly they were talking about a store that got destroyed and all the food was just laying in the street. Bill said people should be arrested for picking up the canned goods. WTF?! They are starving! Then Bill tried to make it seem like this only happens in black communities. The fag calls it “The Urban Menace”. I swear to God, I fucking hate the media.

By the way, in most places, the police are helping people “loot” food and “looting” food themselves. It’s not really looting, people! It’s survival.

"No Spin Zone" my ass!!!

You've Earned a Custom Title! Mocha Rain's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1
    I strongly believe O'Rielly is a racist piece of shit.

And yes, the media's portrayal of Katrina and looting is a bit stretched, but the fact remains that there are plenty of ignorant ass muhfuckers out there right now stealing DVDs, PSPs, TVs...etc. etc. It's spitting in the graves of those that have passed from this terrible tragedy.

It's one thing to be forced to steal for the necessities of life; clothing, shoes, food, water...but a completely different thing to abuse and take advantage of this natural disaster.

Is it happening? Of couse. Is the media going to take it and run? Of course...they do so with everything else. Why should this be any different?

If you would swim on the bosom of the ocean of Truth, you must reduce yourself to a zero.

-Mahatma Ghandi

SpectrumExclusive

Battle Record
    30-12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked

Honestly, if I could pick any person to die besides Donald Rumsfeld, it'd be O'Reilly.

Battle Record
    12-1
    Lol. I used to think O'Reilly wasn't that bad. I was wrong. :^/
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Voltron
    We'll on the news they where saying that the cops where allowing the..."looting" happen on the foods.

But where protecting it from the Dvd and stuff.

And you are not going to belive this but Bush was going to send extra people from the army to make sure no Terriost things happen.