User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 225

Thread: Setups to fit your budget..! IMPORTANT..!

Battle Record
    2-1
    Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey...
    $300 is minimal. If i had to recommend a setup to get by on a moderate budget and produce good quality track worthy of mixtapes etc. id go with something like this:

Rode NT1a mic
    Emu 1820 Interface or Emu 0404 soundcard and Presonus DigiTube preamp
    Sony MDR-7506 Headphones for monitoring
    AKG K44 headphones for recording
    Nuendo, Cubase SX, Sonar Pro, or Pro Tools Free for recording/mixing
    WaveLab or Soundforge for premastering
    Waves Diamond Bundle
    if this all woulod come up to $300 I think I'm gonna get this for my first setup...after I start makin more money from my beats and my records I'll start upgradin my shit...good lookin Op...you and B is always there
    WST$DE

You've Earned a Custom Title! RapidFire's Avatar
    Battle Record
    6-0
    Ok, so it's like this. Me and my cousin (smokajoka for those of you who remember him) are wanting to put together a studio. Not just a computer with a program and a mic...we want a decent studio with NO pc shit involved. External mixers and all that shit. Money isn't an issue, but obviously we'd like to keep our spending as low as possible...what shit do we NEED to have, and what (if any) extra stuff would you suggest?

Peace
    I.J.L.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Ray Sersharpe
    if this all woulod come up to $300 I think I'm gonna get this for my first setup...after I start makin more money from my beats and my records I'll start upgradin my shit...good lookin Op...you and B is always there
    lol no thats all about $700. i said $300 is MINIMAL. what i listed was a setup for a moderate budget. $300 gets u something listenable. The setup i recommended get's you something that sounds somewhat close to professional if you know how to mix.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by ~RaPiDfIrE~
    Ok, so it's like this. Me and my cousin (smokajoka for those of you who remember him) are wanting to put together a studio. Not just a computer with a program and a mic...we want a decent studio with NO pc shit involved. External mixers and all that shit. Money isn't an issue, but obviously we'd like to keep our spending as low as possible...what shit do we NEED to have, and what (if any) extra stuff would you suggest?

Peace
    um what makes you think computers are inferior?? all Pro studios use computers now. studios without computer setups are inferior. and money is ALWAYS an issue. i could recommend a $300 setup or a $100,000+ setup. EVERYONE has a budget. so state your budget and state what u plan on doing with the studio.

Battle Record
    37-1
    Word, tell them fuckas opey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Battle Record
    2-1
    Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey...
    lol no thats all about $700. i said $300 is MINIMAL. what i listed was a setup for a moderate budget. $300 gets u something listenable. The setup i recommended get's you something that sounds somewhat close to professional if you know how to mix.
    aight...but even thats not bad...even after the price of the comp and everything...
    WST$DE

Battle Record
    6-0
    I never said computers are inferior. I said I wanted no computer shit...The guy I used to record with had a setup like that and it was real nice, and my cousin was dead set on getting shit like that...I'm on here to get info for him, so I'm putting what he wants...we're wanting to make a studio out of an old shed that he has in his yard...I imagine it would suck to have to buy a new PC before we buy everything else...but w/e...If I need to I can look somewhere else for help, b/c I have no clue how much he's willing to spend in total, which is why I said money's not an issue, but I wanna keep the spending as low as possible...

I'll try to find help somewhere else..

peace
    I.J.L.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    dude wtf is your problem? go look for help somewhere else then. im not gonna tell you what u wanna hear if its wrong. u wanna keep spending to a minimum yet u want an old school hardware setup that is gonna cost atleast double what a PC based setup costs. and it's not gonna be as nice no matter how much money you throw into it. theres a reason that recording is so affordable now that people can have their own setups in basements and old sheds... computers. if you want an analog setup nowadays you're foolish. PLUS you have to know how to use ADATS and how to comp tape together etc. You need to know how to route an analog setup. and the recording techniques and limitations are different. i'm sure josh isnt hell bent on getting a setup that is outdated, especially if he hasnt had the engineering experience to work the equipment. I'm sure if i called him up and told him that studios with analog setups are being put out of business and replaced by PC based setups that are cheaper, easier to use, more flexible, and all around better he wouldn't just stick his nose up at me and say "well i'll just go somewhere else for help."

In short... don't be a dick to me. Especially since i banned you twice and still let you roam free on the site.

Battle Record
    6-0
    oh dog, I wasn't trying to be a dick. I'm just saying, I'm not looking for this shit for myself, I'm looking for it for the guy that's gonna buy it. He said specifically "NO PC SHIT" so that's what I was looking for. If you don't know about studio stuff that doesn't involve a PC then I shouldn't be asking you should I? I could give a fuck less what he spends his money on for us to record with, I told him everyone uses PC's and he doesn't care...if anyone's foolish it's him...but like I said, we've recorded with a guy that used external mixers and shit and it's not ancient equipment...and it's not super expensive. But I can't get in touch with that guy to find out what he uses, so I figured I'd come here for help. If you can't help me get information for Smoka, then I'll get it somewhere else...no dickiness about it...you're a PC recording guy, and I need help from a...umm..non-PC recording guy. Simple as that

BUT if you want to call Josh and tell him stuff, by all means, DO IT...He's been trying to call you anyway. He might not stick his nose up to you and say "I'll look for help elsewhere" but he did it to me...Just call him and give him advice then, I'd rather not have to repeat everything anyway...

peace
    I.J.L.

I'm Only Here 4 ME Fuck U TheUnderRated's Avatar
    Battle Record
    57-36
    Um if I may interject. Yea. Rapidfire to put together a studio with "no pc shit" your gonna need some sort of MTR. And with no pc shit and good quality guess what your left with? 2 in tape. guess how much those run for a good one? 75 g's at least. Not to mention any sort of outboard gear that is really worth getting is at least 2g's a peice and then you need a console..... analog ... wich I would say is probably gonna run you 6g's at least for a decent one. What MOST proffesionals do is record on a nice analog console and mix on it and use it for all of its wonderful advantages such as warmth, presence, preamps ...etc but they use computers as well .. so its just dumb to not want any computer stuff and tell josh I said that and if he needs help he should call me. if you even if you go directly to a two track.... which I wouldn't reccomend its still gonna cost you $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

I'm Only Here 4 ME Fuck U TheUnderRated's Avatar
    Battle Record
    57-36
    also I have about 800 and I want to get deeper into the production side of things...

what I have now - FL with the genre (aka emerge) drum kit pack

are there any good sound modules I could get for that?.. or should I save another 500 and get the motif rack? what do ya think?
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by ~RaPiDfIrE~
    oh dog, I wasn't trying to be a dick. I'm just saying, I'm not looking for this shit for myself, I'm looking for it for the guy that's gonna buy it. He said specifically "NO PC SHIT" so that's what I was looking for. If you don't know about studio stuff that doesn't involve a PC then I shouldn't be asking you should I? I could give a fuck less what he spends his money on for us to record with, I told him everyone uses PC's and he doesn't care...if anyone's foolish it's him...but like I said, we've recorded with a guy that used external mixers and shit and it's not ancient equipment...and it's not super expensive. But I can't get in touch with that guy to find out what he uses, so I figured I'd come here for help. If you can't help me get information for Smoka, then I'll get it somewhere else...no dickiness about it...you're a PC recording guy, and I need help from a...umm..non-PC recording guy. Simple as that

BUT if you want to call Josh and tell him stuff, by all means, DO IT...He's been trying to call you anyway. He might not stick his nose up to you and say "I'll look for help elsewhere" but he did it to me...Just call him and give him advice then, I'd rather not have to repeat everything anyway...

peace
    THATS WHO CALLED MY HOUSE LMAO!!! someone called at midnight when i was at the club. the message said someone was lookin for "that guy that does rapbattles" lmao

tell him to call at a reasonable hour.

and yea I know how to use hardware. I know what good hardware is out there. if you find anyone that says that good hardware isnt expensive then u send him to this site to school me. I've worked with both. i've been in studios with both. ive seen many home studios with both. i KNOW what im talking about. why don't u send josh here instead of you telling him everything. im sure u can find someone somewhere to tell u what u want to hear but its not gonna be the truth.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great White
    also I have about 800 and I want to get deeper into the production side of things...

what I have now - FL with the genre (aka emerge) drum kit pack

are there any good sound modules I could get for that?.. or should I save another 500 and get the motif rack? what do ya think?
    If you don't already have a midi input device take $400 and get yourself an M-Audio Keystation Pro 88. Also get ahold of Reason 3 and Sampletank 2. There are a lot of great refills for Reason that are completely free online. I also have a few excellent refills that aren't free. PM me if you need to know where to get any of these programs really cheap.

Battle Record
    37-1
    Let me get them digits opey

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    seriously, i thought i had a stalker on rb. sadly the only one i could think of who might stalk me at home is coolie lol