User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Showing results 181 to 195 of 225

Thread: Setups to fit your budget..! IMPORTANT..!

word...
    Self Made... You just affiliated.

Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin on you...? You could have better gear and couldnt style it on me...

Battle Record
    1-8
    the emu 1820 has 2 preamps. btw... you should get a pair of headphones as well. sony mdr-7506 if you can afford the extra $100. you'll have really nice montiors so good headphones arent a priority tho. AKG K55 headphones are about $20 and will suit u fine for recording with. the sony's are way better tho. your choice.

and yea... just hit me up with your computer budget and I'll see what I can build you. You'll need a minimum of $600. you can pretty much max out a system with $2000. If you're only recording vocals a maximum of around $1000 would be more than plenty.
    Yea word, ima definatly hit you up at the start of summer for that setup.

home
    Battle Record
    61-19
    All these items they sell in a music equipment store called Rose Morris near denmark street in london, which is real close by to brunei hall where i'll be staying.

MXL 990 £59.99
    M-Audio Audiophile soundcard £55.99
    M-Audio Audiobuddy preamp £59.99

All in all this set up would be £176 which is real good for my budget

Then i'll need those XLR cables or i won't be able to connect the mic to the preamp right?. Tell me which XLR cables to get if they only offer these 2 brands in the store: Stagg and Monster Cable. I don't think i want a pop filter or tripod stand just yet. I also don't want to purchase studio headpones just yet. Would there be anything else i'll need?

Oh and why would we need 1/4" Instrument Cable?

thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    u NEED a stand lol. u cant just hold a condenser mic in your hand and record into it. thats just stupid. and you vocals are gonna sound horrible without a pop filter. those mics pick up everything. this is the same reason having a pair of closed-back headphones is very important or youll be recording the beat into the mic with your voice and you wont be able to mix properly. the sound card is also not meant for recording vocals (the delta 44 and 66 is for recording) so you're gonna need some adapters to be able to record. youll need an xlr cable to go from the mic to the preamp, a 1/4" instrument cable to go from the preamp to the soundcard, and a 1/4" to rca adapter to make the cable fit into the soundcard jack.

I went to their website and this is the only gear I would ever think about recommending to you even putting price first which is a huge mistake anyway...

Audio Technica AT2020 Mic ($70)
    M-Audio Audio Buddy ($60)
    M-Audio Delta 44 ($100)
    AKG K44 Headphones ($18)
    Stagg MC06XXDLBL 6m XLR Mic Cable ($12)
    Stagg GC3 1/4" 3m Intrument Cable ($5)

I see what you're saying about the mic stand tho. the cheapest tripod mic stand they have is $48. I'd tell them to go fuck themselves for tryin to charge that much for a piece of aluminum. you have to be able to get a mic stand somewhere else tho. $25 is also pretty expensive for a pop filter... ie. a pieace of plastic and nylon. looks like they're jackin up the prices of their accessories to make up for their inexpensive equipment prices.

but if you can't afford the equipment I recommended then you're just not ready to get equipment. that setup is extremely cheap for what it gives you. I think you're gonna regret blowing your money on some stuff that you're gonna hate and not getting important accessories that will make or break the quality of your recording (ie a pop filter and headphones). don't go into this half-assed. either do it or don't do it. there's no point in you wasting your money on something you don't want or need.

BTW... why can't you order gear online? this is why it's so difficult for you to get the right equipment. u can easily send money to people on ebay even if you don't have a credit card or bank account and paypal is international. i just sent money to the netherlands for my mom's christmas present.

Look at this... AT2020 AND Art Preamp for $90. That's saving you $40
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audio-Technica...QQcmdZViewItem

There's mic stands for $15... pop filters for $10... u need to shop online man lol

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Emu 0404 Sound Card (£67)
    AT2020 Mic and Behringer Tube Ultragain 100 Preamp (£90)
    6m XLR Mic Cable (£4)
    6m XLR to 1/4" nstrument Cable (£4)
    Tripod Mic Stand w/ Boom (£15)
    Microphone Pop Filter (£10)
    AKG K55 Headphones (£18)

That's a complete respectable setup for under £200 instead of the incomplete setup with inferior products for about £265.

u need to shop online lol

home
    Battle Record
    61-19
    thanks opey that was some dope info right there! props!!

And i thought you already know why i don't order online. its cuz i live so far away the shipping and handling prices get ridiculously ridiculous. i do occasionaly order books and jerseys online but from Singapore or Malaysia.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    yea but you have a UK address.... or atleast you're gonna be in the UK apparently. even if you had it shipped to someone in the uk and they shipped it all to u in 1 box the charges wouldnt be more than the $65+ you're saving anyway.

Battle Record
    2-1
    I hate taxes....damn the govt...
    WST$DE

better than legendary Neruda II's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-2
    $600.
    Last edited by Neruda II; January 1st, 2006 at 10:36 PM
    murder murder

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Rode NT1a ($150 on eBay)
    E-Mu 1820 ($325 on eBay)
    Sony MDR-7506 Headphones ($100)
    pop filter, mic stand, and mic cable.

!!!!!!!!!!!this is what i have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wassup my budget is about 600 bucks!!!
    ok i got a compaq computer 512 mb 160 gb
    cool edit pro 2.0
    mic stand
    head phones
    pop filter
    1 mic cable
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is what i need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i need a quality thats gone be mixtape good bump in yo ride or home sterio with sounding like an idiot serious quality!!! i know its about the mix game but what equpitment can help????????

i need

condenser mic
    soundcard
    phatom power/pre amps

and ima try to cop some 100 doller moniters or where can i get em cheaper?
    and if i need aditional shit tell me!! thanx
    i got a mxl 990 but it wouldnt give me a sick quality i need to sale that piece of shit!!!

and let me know about this mic!!!
    R0DE NTK Mic tha shit is 400 bucks or 500 i think give me some info on it thanx

on the monitor shit 4 the computer is there some kind of device or something that you can connect your normal sterio speakers onto and then to the pc because i got these subwoofers the give great sound but they cant be plugged to a pc do to the cables are the type thats cut at the ends with wires sticking out you feel me!

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Rode NT1a Mic ($150 on ebay)
    Emu 1820 ($350)
    Sony MDR-7506 Studio Monitor Headphones ($100)

u dont want $100 monitors. i have a pair. I'll sell them to you for $75 if you really think u want them. i dont even use them. Honestly, $100 monitors arent worth a shit. Use the nice sony headphones until u can afford real monitors. and you should be able to hook up your stereo speakers to the 1820, but you dont want "good" sound. u want "true" sound. u don't want to mix on regular speakers period.

so its better to get some good head phones then getting monitors???
    what are some good monitors for mixing the tracks and making sure its going to sound well and also what r some headphones? how about that sound card and i hope i can get that quality