User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Showing results 151 to 165 of 225

Thread: Setups to fit your budget..! IMPORTANT..!

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    the bluetube has phantom power. most preamps do. your quality will only be as good as your ablity to mix tho. and your mic is really cheap. If it wasnt for that mic id say a definite yes, but with that mic you're gonna have to mix really well. but your quality is still going to sound decent as far as tracks on rb go. u definitely want that soundcard and preamp. if anything holds u back itll be the mic. Youll probably end up upgrading the mic later.

What Mic Do U Recomend Me Getting?

Battle Record
    2-0
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares?
    What Mic Do U Recomend Me Getting?
    Depends on you're budget. Most people have a budget of around $100 - $200. If you do have a budget like that then i'd recommend a Rode NT1-A, that's probably the best condenser microphone you're going to get for that price range, and most artists on RB fuck with it, including Opey and his quality is among the best on here. The MXL990 is the best mic you're going to get for under a hundred dollers. If you, by some miracle, are able to get $500 - $600 then go for a Rode K2. You also need a preamp to power you're mic.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86564

^ All the help you need.
    Last edited by I Am..; December 1st, 2005 at 07:05 AM

the medicine man
    Battle Record
    52-34
    i have about £500 roughly $900

whats the best equipment to buy for recording?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

leave feed and a link i'll return it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rode NT1-A,bluetube OR presonus ,AND emu 1212m card for $200

SO IF I GET THESE THINGS WHAT KIND OF QUALITY WILL I HAVE OPEY??
    WILL IT BE COOL ENOUGH 4 A MIXTAPE JOINT???

and does egg cartons or cup holders really work???

Battle Record
    2-0
    Quote Originally Posted by menolin
    i have about £500 roughly $900

whats the best equipment to buy for recording?
    Save up another $100 and get this.

Rode NT1-A Condenser Mic ($150 on eBay)
    E-Mu 1212m Sound Card ($200)
    Focusrite Voicemaster Preamp ($450 on eBay)
    Sony MDR-7506 Headphones ($100)
    VAC-6c Popless Voice Screen ($57)
    25ft Mogami Gold XLR Mic Cable ($40 on eBay)
    10ft Mogami Gold 1/4" Instrument Cable ($25 on eBay)
    Quiklok Tripod Mic Stand ($25)

^ This is what Opey would recommend.

Battle Record
    2-0
    Quote Originally Posted by whocares?
    Rode NT1-A,bluetube OR presonus ,AND emu 1212m card for $200

SO IF I GET THESE THINGS WHAT KIND OF QUALITY WILL I HAVE OPEY??
    WILL IT BE COOL ENOUGH 4 A MIXTAPE JOINT???

Lmao, whats with you and quality? You'll get decent recording quality, you'd see a huge difference in sound quality. You should get good enough quality to be able to record a mixtape, It really depends on how well you mix.
    And the Rode, the preamp and the emu isint all $200, it would go for roughly $500 with shipping.
    Last edited by I Am..; December 2nd, 2005 at 09:12 AM

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Can I ask what software you're all currently using? I'm just thinking about getting into all this and would like some info on what software you all use

Battle Record
    2-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    Can I ask what software you're all currently using? I'm just thinking about getting into all this and would like some info on what software you all use
    There are quite a few recording programs you can choose from. Adobe Audition 1.5, Cubase SX, Acid Pro, Reason are probably the most popular. Adobe Audition 1.5 is the easiest one to use and ideal for beginners such as yourself, the more expierienced audio heads on here use Cubase. I would recommend Adobe Audition 1.5 for you, its the best FREE program you can get.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86564

^ Go here to learn more about software.

Battle Record
    0-1
    hey terry u ragga muffin who needs a good stuffin my bluetube has phantom power and an emu 1212m card. I think its cool ur 85 and trying to keep it real. I currently use Adobes audiotion cos its the most boomshank out of the lot.
    Anyway off to suck on my splokenspeel it came with a jackhammer too

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Yow thanks a lot for the info!

You finally got that marshall jackhammer going then?

My budget is $1000.. any suggestions??? I'm looking more towards beat making hardware, i'm not too concerned about recording right now.
    Last edited by ARCHER; December 2nd, 2005 at 08:11 PM

Battle Record
    2-0
    ^^ Sorry, i don't know much about equipment for making beats. You're going to have to wait for Opey, Av or Kris. I ain't even gonna front like i know something, lol.

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by ARCHER
    My budget is $1000.. any suggestions??? I'm looking more towards beat making hardware, i'm not too concerned about recording right now.
    Hardware wise, without taking computer shit into consideration, you have a couple of options.

You're going to need a sequencer, and depending on what type of beats you want to make (sampled or keyboard/composed) i would recommend either a keyboard workstation such as the Triton LE or the MPC 1000.

Akai just released an OS update for the Mpc 1000 which includes timestretching, zoning, pitch bending, and other shit that previously was only included on the 2000xl and 4000 models. The new mpc 1000s are sexy as hell too, they changed the color to black instead of red and blue. The mpc 1000 has a flash drive for storing your beats and you can get flash drives up to 2 gb which is quite sufficient for storing samples. Akai also came out with a kit for installing hardrives up to 80gb just recently, so you can just store everything to the internal drive.

I honestly dont know much about keyboard workstations and ive never used a korg, but i do own and have experience with the mpcs, and they are awesome. in the future you could add sound modules and sequence them with the mpc and use a cheap midi keyboard or something to control the modules. From what ive read the mpcs sequencer is much much better than any of the korgs'. the mpcs are sequencers first and then samplers, so they are designed for sequencing and they are awesome sequencers and a breeze to use.

sorry for endorsing akai so much in this post but im just offering my experiences with it as i havent used a keyboard workstation before. you really should go to a guitar center or something and test out the equiptment before you decide.

g'luck.