User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Best Beat Machine?

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Best Beat Machine?

Hello, im about to start my REAL studio up but im wondering which is the most best quality beat making machine for sampling and beats

And how much would it run you?

Thanks!

TreyLB
    go for MPCs... choose either the 2000xl or the 3000. my boy uses the 2000xl and he said hes never had any complaints. i dont knwo how much brand new.. i think like 1500 but yuo can get one from a pawn shop or some place used for like 1000

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by TreyLB
    go for MPCs... choose either the 2000xl or the 3000. my boy uses the 2000xl and he said hes never had any complaints. i dont knwo how much brand new.. i think like 1500 but yuo can get one from a pawn shop or some place used for like 1000

word... but you're gonna need to buy or sample ALOT of sounds...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Really? But what type of sounds would i have to sample?

Battle Record
    2-1
    MPC makes specialized disks that you load into you MPC....depends on which one you get...i know some take small VGA cards...and some you can load a CD or a floppy in it....depends on which one you get....
    WST$DE

Can someone please give me more information? Thanks!

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper
    Can someone please give me more information? Thanks!

most of the time I try to help... but shit... www.musiciansfriend.com www.akai.com

find out how everyone else did shit...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    2-1
    awww....*sniff*.....that was so sweet of you Av.....*sniff*...oh and by the way....I gotta talk to you about writing a Reference Letter so I can put it in the Supporting Documents section of my business plan.....I'll prolly call you or get at you on AIM or sumthin....
    WST$DE

Im Better Than U and Ur Beat Machine
    http://www.soundclick.com/pro/default.cfm?BandID=14727

Battle Record
    2-1
    no..you suck
    WST$DE

dj_fade_out
    I would say get the mpc 2000xl, 3000, or 4000. The 1000 and 2000 aren't that great. You could get the 60, but I wouldn't suggest that. The quality isn't always the best in it. Get a Turntable and buy a bunch of records. You can usually find a shop that will sell records for $1 or so. Then get emule and download all the akai sample cd's you can. Get Reason and Sampletank. Then on emule download all the refills and Gigastudio sample cd's you can find. You won't have to worry bout sounds then. I have reason and I have 30gb's of refills. I don't have Sampletank, but I'm hopin someone on this site could hook me up wit that. The Gigastudio Sample cd's will work through sampletank 2.

Now you hook up you mpc to your pc through midi. You can have your recording program control everything so that everything plays in time together. You use your mpc for samplin the records and for triggering the sounds on sampletank, and reason. You should also get a keyboard. All that will be a good setup for you, and you won't have to spend that much money as long as you know where to d/l everything. You could get fruityloops, but I'm not that big on fruityloops like everyone here is. If you're more into the grimy style of music that uses strings, and pianos I would seriously suggest using reason, but you can get good songs made out of fruityloops. I could suggest a lot of other things, but I think that's enough for you to think of for the moment.

You can check out the charlemagne video tutorial posted in the forum to see how his setup works wit the mpc2000. You can also check out Boola's beat video too. He uses an mpc3000. His setup is more basic and he still gets out good music. He's all hardware based where charlemagne combines hardware and software. You can also go to todaysbeats.com and watch the video tutorials he has on there. He is completely software based besides his keyboard. Then choose what kind of setup you'd like to have from that.

Battle Record
    2-1
    ^^^now that is what I call help
    WST$DE

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    emule is hella slow....

dj_fade_out
    it depends on your connection, and emule is the place that has the rarest files posted. How you think I ended up wit 30gigs of reason refills. all d/l'd off of emule. I have a bunch of akai sample cd's from there too.

MPC all the way www.samplekings.com for samples