User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: "I Had To get Off The Boat So I Could Walk On Water .."

Battle Record
    34-16
    Awards VBL Champion VBL Season Champion 25+ Wins
    jay is ok sometimes. depending on what you are doin. its kinda good for background music. and if nothing else, is burns pretty good I'll bet.
    [youtube]oJsFnFIWRuY[/youtube]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tra Heelz
    dammit yeah, HOVA!

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9
    old jay = same as new jay only difference is that he went more commerical with it, and you can't tell me dirt off ya shoulders wasn't lyrically fuckin fire. i don't care what you say i'll take dirt off ya shoulders over doom, aesop, eminem and almost over any other rapper. i never listened to the actual lyrics cuz i thought "oh another commerical track" and i just focused on the beat, but if you actually listening to what he saying he fucking rips it, i can't believe timbland wanted to give that beat to luda
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Battle Record
    22-5
    reasonable doubt was hella nice. havent heard diamond remix yet..

alot of ppl are gonna disagree with me which is fine but i think Jay got better with age...

dont get me wrong reasonable doubt is lyricaly dope but to me it jsut seems like somethings missing

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    u kids are idiots, he dumbed his music down just like every other great rapper and is still better lyrically then most 'underground' 'emcees.

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted
    Word to Urban Realest - Dirt Of The Shoulder is fucking FIYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAHHH! Serious.

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted
    Quote Originally Posted by `Jammin' Jobus
    who are you to define hip hop..
    Who are you, period?

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

Battle Record
    11-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Diox Phae
    Not feelin' Jay.

Then leave RB. Seriously.

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

Battle Record
    0-1
    That line was dope...Jay is fucking dope.And i'm tired of people on the net saying he's overrated,but yet most of them think MF Doom is dope as fuck.Jay is dope.He could've been a lot better if he actually cared about making music more than making money,but anyway.
    Def Poets Society

*~*Fuck A Custom Title*~*
    In The Hallowed Halls of UpInYew University
    Battle Record
    0-1
    Quote Originally Posted by K9_THESHIT
    Jay is dope.He could've been a lot better if he actually cared about making music more than making money,but anyway.
    Sums up the whole thing..Jay's a monster, but the brass ring he chose to pursue was commercial and financial success not unabashed greatness as an emcee..No doubt he's a problem, but he'd rather get spins and move units instead of provide us with classic hip hop material constantly. He's more than capable of it, but the man chose to do his numbers...Bottom line..

Jay-Z=Dope..

Greatest of all time?...Nah...But One of the Nicest period?..You damn right...
    B.C.B. Enterprises

"9 to 5 is how you survive..I ain't tryna survive..I'm tryna live it to the limit and love it allive.."-Jay Z

Est. 1987
    Battle Record
    22-2
    Jay will dro panother album he said he was retiring like 100 times n everytime he comes out wit sumtin else, be lookin for another album cuz he cant let rap go and everyone knows that

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    i mean he had a choice, be the dopest broke rapper or the dopest (even if a tad less dope) AND richest rapper.

"you can't help the poor if you one of them so i got rich and gave back to me thats the win win"

we can talk about how we would 'keep it true' all we want cuz most of us aren't from the projects and dead broke, hell if i was born and raised in Marcy i would've done songs with Brittney Spears to make a buck

and most of these 'underground' emcees you all praise are only underground until they can sell out

You've Earned a Custom Title! `Jammin' Jobus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Its Baron
    Who are you, period?
    you do realize by saying that aesop and company arent hip hop you are no better than the elitist who think aesop and company are the only true hip hop out there.
    but keep with the immature insults if you want to.

Battle Record
    11-5
    Dont take it to heard Jobus. Lol. I was fucking with you, I dont like heads who think anything commerical is wack. Its not.
    And to Sinematik - I never called Jay the GOAT. But the best right now?

Easily.

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS