User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Fantasy Football

Battle Record
    15-4

Fantasy Football

Well, I always do one fantasy team before the preseason and training camp, that way I can get a couple of steals from players most guys shy away from due to injury or age. So here's my first of what will be plenty of fantasy teams by the time the season is under way. So without further adue, I give you the Lunchbox Power Squad.

QB Drew Brees (6th round)
    QB Carson Palmer (10th round)
    QB Joey Harrington (15th round)

A ton of potential here. Palmer and Harrington are both due for breakout seasons. Brees had an incredible year last season, who knows how well he does. I don't think he's a fluke at all, we'll see. Bottom line is, at least one of these guys is going to do very well. Each will be starting at some point depending on the defense they face.

RB Shaun Alexander (1st round)
    RB Curtis Martin (4th round)
    RB Travis Henry (12th round)
    RB Fred Taylor (13th round)

Alexander will be a top fantasy back wherever he goes. Curtis Martin was the leading rusher last season, in the fourth round this guy is a steal, what signs has he shown of slowing down? All indications point to the trade of Travis Henry, he could land in Tennessee, Jacksonville, and a few other places. It won't take much to get him, and he will contribute wherever he plays.0 Fred Taylor fell so far because of injury and rumors that Jacksonville might trade for another top back. Fred on NFL network said if they trade for somebody they'll be a backup, and he says he feels great and will be ready for the season. If he is, then I have another top running back in my arsenal. Plus I have Henry, who is rumored to end up in JAX, if so, I own the entire Jacksonville RB estate.

WR Chad Johnson (2nd round
    WR Donald Driver (5th round)
    WR Jerry Porter (7th round)
    WR Santana Moss (11th round)

Chad has put up amazing numbers with every QB Cincy has given him. 9 TDs and 95 passes for him last season, I can see him eclipsing that easily. He's going to have another tremendous season, especially if Palmer plays up to his potential. Donald Driver caught 84 passes for 9 TD's last season, he's a steal in the 5th. Porter will be getting single coverage a lot opposite Moss, he caught 64 passes for 9 TD's last year. If Santana Moss was still in New York I wouldn't have touched him, but there's a lot of weak defenses in the NFC, he could have a couple good games filling in.

TE Tony Gonzalez (3rd round)
    TE Heath Miller (14th round)

Tony caught 102 passes last year and 7 TD's, he's always my #1 TE, althought Gates made it harder than usual to pick. Heath Miller should be stepping right into the starting TE role in Pittsburgh, if he does then the loss of Plaxico means he'll be getting a lot of balls thrown in his direction.

K Matt Stover

I was going to pick Akers, but the bastard before me picked him, so I went with Stover who is responsible for a fourth of the Ravens offense.

DEF Pittsburgh Steelers

They don't have the best defense by any means, but they run the ball so much and there defense is hardly ever on the field. It's a top fantasy defense for sure.

Thoughts?

Lets Go GIANTS!! Exculptifactoriusness's Avatar
    Battle Record
    77-6
    Awards 75+ Wins
    Good Team, I'll post mine up when my draft is over.
    Is this on Yahoo?

Megalomaniac
    Battle Record
    6-1
    We should start one on Yahoo.
    LIFE'S A BITCH, BUT GOD FORBID THE BITCH DIVORCE ME

On all Ls.
    Battle Record
    2-4
    I always forget to do the drafts and the computer drafts me a sucky team like every year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Akademic
    I always try to draft culpepper. He made me win in my league last year