User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Teen shot & killed...

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Teen shot & killed...

Aight, this is the second death from my schools 05` Junior Class, in not even 3 months. Starting to get a little wierd around here.. but blah
    The teen that was shot, I use to play in a hockey league with. Dude was pretty cool, just a shame he had to get shot & die at that.

It was two hockey buddies and six friends hanging out Saturday, watching the Detroit Pistons playoff game.

By the game's end, Mark Alore, 17, a junior at Grand Blanc High School, was dead, killed by a gunshot to the chest.

His 17-year-old hockey teammate, who hosted the party, is being held in the Genesee County Jail after police say he fired a gun, a .32-caliber pistol.

But whether it was an accident and whether the teen will be charged with a crime could be decided today, said Grand Blanc Township police Capt. Gary Elford.

"Right now, it's a homicide," he said. "A 17-year-old lost his life over somebody being very careless with a handgun."

Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton said he expects charges will be filed. He and township police were to confer about the case this morning.

"Something went wrong," Leyton said.

The 9:30 p.m. shooting happened at a house on Olde Saybrooke Road with summer looming and graduation four days away.

A parent said some students gasped during a baccalaureate ceremony Sunday at the high school when a school official announced Alore's death.

"It's been crazy," said junior Rachel Hoover, 16, referring to the hours following the shooting. "I imagine (school today) will be horrible."

The district's crisis intervention team has been activated, and counselors will be available today, Principal Michael Newton said. He also expected there would be a moment of silence.

"It's a nightmare situation," Newton said.

Alore's family could not be reached for comment.

The suspect's father said the family is holding together as "best as can be expected." He declined further comment, referring questions to his lawyer, Erwin F. Meiers III.

Alore was described as a popular and polite student who last December helped hockey teammates buy presents for children whose fathers were serving in Iraq.

Alore and the suspect played together on the varsity hockey team. Alore also was a member of the lacrosse team and scored the game-winning goal against South Lyon High School with 37 seconds left in overtime May 25.

"The last few months he was making a real concerted effort, and his grades were going up, which makes it a little more painful," said economics teacher Jim Knight.

At some point during the Pistons game, the suspect retrieved his father's pistol from a locked safe in a second-story bedroom.

The suspect had access to the key, Meiers said.

The pistol did not have a trigger lock, Elford said, adding the parents were not home at the time of the shooting.

The suspect said he thought the pistol was unloaded before showing it to Alore, Meiers said.

Though it is unclear if the suspect intentionally pulled the trigger, the pistol fired, hitting Alore in the upper left chest area, Leyton said.

Meiers does not believe drugs or alcohol were involved.

After the shooting, the suspect and a second person loaded Alore into a car and drove him to Genesys Regional Medical Center, but Alore died along the way, Meiers said.

"I don't know how to say it. He's in shock. He lost a schoolmate and a very close friend," Meiers said. "The other students that were there, they've seen something that will change their lives forever."

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/...1342279740.xml

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    4-1
    Awards LLL HOF
    Sorry man, I just recently had a friend killed too. Dont worry, things will brighten up again, dont morn on the situation to much, being it can do nothing but effect your life.

The last few months he was making a real concerted effort, and his grades were going up, which makes it a little more painful," said economics teacher Jim Knight.

Wow. What a fucking asshole.
    You really think ur tough... come 'n try me man
    I’ll get a hiccup that isn’t spasms of the diaphragm

Battle Record
    110-0
    Awards 100+ Wins
    Damn man. Sorry to hear. A lot of that dumb shit happens everywhere. Its nonsense. Kids who think shit like that is ridiculous.

Enter At Your Own Risk Devastate Mindz's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-0
    The last few months he was making a real concerted effort, and his grades were going up, which makes it a little more painful," said economics teacher Jim Knight.
    There's just something slightly inappropriate about that..

Originally Posted by Le Marv.
    no one cares about your votes

Front Lines isn't real you faggot, get over it.

Arohanui :)
    sorry to hear illunatic *hug*

what a fucking idiot (the guy with the gun)
    it still amazes me that everyone in America has the right to own a gun........craziness

flump

sylent J
    yo man that sorry to hear man i just went through a death like a couple days ago my friend commited sucide and no one knows why it sucks and then you got fags like m pulsive saying shit about it that whats harsh but sorry to hear dat homie

DON FUCKING JOHNSON! FriendlyAlbanian's Avatar
    madonna momma, body bottle ya finah finah, toma cloma, clomb behind vagina, then i hymen grind ha
    Battle Record
    1-0
    Quote Originally Posted by soneeyah
    sorry to hear illunatic *hug*

what a fucking idiot (the guy with the gun)
    it still amazes me that everyone in America has the right to own a gun........craziness
    No. I carry a pistol with me almost everywhere legally here, and I have never been that much of a fucktard to get an accidental discharge. You have to be very stupid for it to happen. Instead of banning guns America should have firearm education classes so when kids just find one laying around they don't accidently kill there friends.... When your actually around them for a while they lose that "OMG I MUST TOUCH!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME!!" mystique.
    [YOUTUBE]VrNoDUblAtE[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    4-1
    Awards LLL HOF
    You arent allowed to bare hand guns til your 21 in America. You can get a shotty 'n shit when your 18, but other than that, you arent suppose to have a hand gun until you are 21 years of age. And they do make you take gun safety classes before you can get a gun registered under your name...again, REGISTERED. Guns are easy to access over here though, so there are alot of illegal guns on the streets.

madonna momma, body bottle ya finah finah, toma cloma, clomb behind vagina, then i hymen grind ha
    Battle Record
    1-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayembee
    You arent allowed to bare hand guns til your 21 in America. You can get a shotty 'n shit when your 18, but other than that, you arent suppose to have a hand gun until you are 21 years of age. And they do make you take gun safety classes before you can get a gun registered under your name...again, REGISTERED. Guns are easy to access over here though, so there are alot of illegal guns on the streets.
    I know. I am saying that banning all guns because of criminals/dumbasses is a dumb thing to do.

Battle Record
    4-1
    Awards LLL HOF
    Word. Guns do serve GREAT purposes... parents, or the guns owner, just need to be more intelligent about the shit. For Christ sake... this kid apparently had easy access to the gun cases lock. They must not have been trying very hard to keep it locked up. Then keeping it loaded... *smh*... atleast take the clip out and hide that shit somewhere else.

well. it is illegal to own a gun here......unless you are a hunter or a police officer of course.
    Do you know how many deaths are caused by guns each year in New Zealand??
    Next to none......I think we had about 6 last year, and about 4 of those were hunting accidents - others are from people who attain guns illegaly, but they get dealt with very very harshly in a court of law. There is no need for a gun, unless every other man and his dog has one!

Battle Record
    1-0
    Quote Originally Posted by soneeyah
    well. it is illegal to own a gun here......unless you are a hunter or a police officer of course.
    Do you know how many deaths are caused by guns each year in New Zealand??
    Next to none......I think we had about 6 last year, and about 4 of those were hunting accidents - others are from people who attain guns illegaly, but they get dealt with very very harshly in a court of law. There is no need for a gun, unless every other man and his dog has one!
    http://www.a-human-right.com/

Battle Record
    4-1
    Awards LLL HOF
    This is America though. Its so different over here. Its the land of the free. Go back to western times, and think about that shit. Hell, EVERYONE could walk around with a gun, and shoot them off anywhere, and have gun duels if you got into an arguement, and this was excepted. Texas is still about as crazy today, as it was back then. If you take guns away from America, it would completely destroy its foundation of the whole, land of the free bit.

.......lol
    I'm not even going to look at that site!

I wont change my view - I would probably think differently if I was in a different situation. But yea, I just don't see the sense in anyone [who lives in a country that is not ravaged by war] needs to own an instrument with the soul purpose of taking someone elses life..........just my opinon, I know the rest of yal dont agree