User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Common - BE

Common - BE

I just wrote this for HipHop-Magazine.com, an online mag I write for. So peep it.
    -----------------------

Common is back, and after "Electric Circus" recieved mixed reviews and depicted the idea that Common had lost his sense, he comes back to prove the critics wrong, with what has been called a classic by many, "Be".

The Chicago-born mc brings what not just Common fans, but hardcore hip-hop fans have been waiting for in a hip-hop album, real music. While most big names in hip-hop today are following the trendy styles of 50 Cent and Nelly, Common brings the underground perspective to the mainstream level. He combines soulful poetry with hardcoring emceeing. Songs like "It's Your World" describes the struggle and problems of the inner-city, and the second single off "Be", Go, is a light-hearted, sexual fantasy rolled up into an up tempo smash.

The production on "Be" is some of the best to be heard in a long time. While Kanye West takes the credit for nine of the albums eleven songs, Dilla puts together tracks that can sooth the mind after a hard day. Kanye of course puts it down as usual with unique, musical beats loaded with delightful and melodic samples.

There are no flaws in "Be", and similar to the classic Nas album, "Illmatic", it doesn't feature a large libarary of songs. But, this doesn't effect the depth of this album, because all 11 tracks are perfected. You can listen to "Be" from start to finish without skipping a track.
    -----------------------------------

Original Link: http://www.hiphop-magazine.com/revie...ews-show&id=22

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

booooooooooooooo

my review>this copied and pasted shit...

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184471

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

better than legendary Neruda II's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-2
    Word@Sick ILL Cell.
    murder murder

Juelz22
    great review tyrone i dident think this album was good but i know i gotta go get this shit man