User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: Canuck is Get'n New Equipment Soon

Battle Record
    8-7
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMiurgiC
    indeed but why not tell em to get the mbox comes with the preamp and the program for about .. well shit like 400 I forgot but that way if he wants to upgrade to the 002 rack he can learn the program in the meantime I start my protools training in .... lets see ....8 days woot ... yea but whats the mac u running os 9 os 10 cuz it might not even be worth it in some cases to run pro tools if u don't got the good enough comp . anywayz some thoughts for ya pz.
    I have a Titainium G4 PowerBook, 1Ghz. OsX - Jaguar.

and 2500us, is like no. SO now whats this mBox and ProTools budle thingy you speak of.

Better than YOU.

I'm Only Here 4 ME Fuck U TheUnderRated's Avatar
    Battle Record
    57-36
    its an interface with a built in preamp ... its the very cheapest protools setup u can run since u got a power book might be a nice option for portablilty that way u can bring ur studio with u and could actually record outside of your home if u were looking to make a lil extra cash .. but u would have to learn how to use the program which isn't all that hard and u would have to get good at producin ur ish .. but I dunno do what u will digi racks are NICE they just way more expensive and not portable in anyway pz. oh and my next mic is the NT1000 so good choice there pz.
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

Battle Record
    57-36
    http://www.digidesign.com/

^ gp there to get a better idea hit me up UnderDog1615 if u have any questions
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

shut up stupid!
    Battle Record
    1-0
    Mbox
    soundcard with 2 inputs
    comes with protools LE
    sampletank
    reason 2.5
    live
    t-racks
    amplitube

i got the factory bundle so it came with a retail value of over $1000 dollors of plugins

stats:
    2 analog inputs-MIC/LINE/INSTRUM....supports XLR or 1/4 cables
    2analog outputs
    it has two headphone out puts plus a seperate volume for it
    Digital I/O 24 bit
    and this is USB

aight as for the sound of it

Focusrite mic pres
    24 bit components
    Analog inserts-enable to use out baord gear
    24-bit signal to computer and back
    Hi-Z input low noice setting for guitar bass keys

should give you an idea its also on the site

everything for 659.00 in canada without tax

Battle Record
    8-7
    well, don't know if your heard anything recent of mine, but I use the mic right now that is built in to my laptop. So, what I want to know is, will the NT1 pick up my voice variations better, rather than what it sounds like now......

I dunno, I'm little un-easy about everything now.....I like the mic, and Firewire thingy cuz it's in my price range, like a grand.

Better than YOU.

shut up stupid!
    Battle Record
    1-0
    if you get the mbox plus that mic it will be worth it fa sho

Battle Record
    8-7
    so protools and mbox setup is $659?

Better than YOU.

shut up stupid!
    Battle Record
    1-0
    yup.....the factory bundle
    its worth it i tell ya i think opey uses it to and alca jus got it as well

Battle Record
    57-36
    i'll have it within a year or two ... but I have access to it whenever .. and did u just ask if the NT1 would pick up ur voice better then the built in mic on ur computer LOL uMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM yea. check the frequency response chart if u have any questions or the get the engineers template for the model . have fun with ur new ish ur gonna be pro soundin pz.
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    aight canuck listen up dawg. no matter what get the NT1 mic. if u go pro tools and you were lookin to spend about a G anyway dont fuck with the mbox. i have it. its not that great. its fine and everything but its overpriced. only reason i have it is because i got it WAY cheaper than usual. u want the 002 rack. its about $1,000. theres also an 002 mixer that costs $2500. u dont need that one. u want the rack. it might be around $1200 but if u price match or look on ebay u can get it for a G or less. an NT1 and an 002R will put u in business. u wont want to replace that unless u get super serious and start looking at $15,000+ setups. but yes, since u use a mac u definitely need to look into a pro tools setup. it's VERY stable and the plugins are the highest quality.

TheProphet777
    yeah. Pro tools is the maximum overdrive. I just invested into the pro tools rack at guitar center. the 5000 dollar board. The new one that came out. Shits mad nice...quality is fucking sick. already did a damn track off with that shit. seems like some shit ud do a damn major studio...NO MORE STUDIO FOR ME im happy. but yeah canuck look into that shit. Seems nice enough. but i recommend the pro tools board. The 5 g. one. not to much not to low. Perfect for ya....but i mean its only a investment if you dead serious. The mbox...hmm....that would be a huge upgrade if u grab the pro tools board.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    theres no pro tools system that costs $5,000. i even went on their site to make sure they didn't just come out with something new without me hearing about it.

Battle Record
    8-7
    Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey...
    aight canuck listen up dawg. no matter what get the NT1 mic. if u go pro tools and you were lookin to spend about a G anyway dont fuck with the mbox. i have it. its not that great. its fine and everything but its overpriced. only reason i have it is because i got it WAY cheaper than usual. u want the 002 rack. its about $1,000. theres also an 002 mixer that costs $2500. u dont need that one. u want the rack. it might be around $1200 but if u price match or look on ebay u can get it for a G or less. an NT1 and an 002R will put u in business. u wont want to replace that unless u get super serious and start looking at $15,000+ setups. but yes, since u use a mac u definitely need to look into a pro tools setup. it's VERY stable and the plugins are the highest quality.
    *my Head Hurts*

Well, your helping me, and I appreciate it, but the 002 Rack is about $1295.US I'm in canada....so I'm looking at about $1695. MBox is under $500 US, so I'm looking about $700cdn. I like the m-audio thing cuz it was like $400.00 and The NT1 is $300.00....so I'd get the mic and board for the same price as the mBox. The digi rack unfortunatly is out if the question.

My rap isn't good enuff to spend over 2000 on equipment. maybe I can upgrade later, you know never know......maybe the quality of my audio and mic, is why I'm dubbed Mr.Mono......and why I suck as much as I do...lmao.....but I'm keeping everything in mind. See I have a hook up where I can get shit at cost. Unfortuatly, they don't distribute digidesign products, only the ones that come with Reason, not Pro Tools.

Better than YOU.

Battle Record
    57-36
    yea i have no idea what venomz is talking about .. the latest thing I heard digidesign came out with was the icon which is not a console so much as a controller
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

TheProphet777
    hold up ill grab a pic....opey and demurigic...i must have explained it differently...it does look like a board..hold up.