User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Wisdom

Selah David

Wisdom

I think wisdom is something acquired from your surroundings and the way you were raised. Even with that definition there isn't really anything concrete about where wisdom comes from. I could say wisdom comes from God, but everything comes from God, and life experience is what God uses to help us gain wisdom. But I'm pretty sure the word God just turned alot of people off. There are alot of things I want to address in this thread but I cant do it without some type of dialouge because I'm not sure what direction I want to go in, so do what you guys do best and FIRE AWAY!!!

You've Earned a Custom Title! Ever Dream's Avatar
    Wisdom comes from the countless mistakes that you make along lifes paths. It also comes for the people and things that you surround yourself with... that whole god thing... no. Your born into the world a soul that hasn't yet been enlightened to the ways of the world.. wisdome comes from you waking up everyday and learning somethng new whether you realize that you did or didn't.... thats where wisdome comes from... books, places, friends, and people that you know who are wise beyond their years...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    6-11
    Its true, its life experiences that make people wise, althought some misdom can be obtained from culture, religion etc. it depends on the definition of "wisdom"...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Current Battles~

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Behaving
    Its true, its life experiences that make people wise, althought some misdom can be obtained from culture, religion etc. it depends on the definition of "wisdom"...

Agreed.

If you believe that a perfect life is to have a million dollars then a successful business man is very wise.

If you believe that a perfect life is to live in a nice neighbourhood and have great kids then someone living in a small town is very wise.

In both these cases one might look at the other and say that they are unwise because it's harder to bring up well balanced kids in a gated community, but it's also hard making millions living in a small town.

Basically, a wise man/woman is one who is happy with their life. Everybody has a different things that make them happy, and therefore everybody has a different perspective on wisdom.

Beyond that ^^^^, you could say that there are general wisdoms that appeal to everyone. For example, knowing that ^^^^ is the case, is wisdom in and of itself.
    Studio 21

Battle Record
    0-1
    tryng to define wisdom?wisdom has many froms.it depends on the individual.some ex:

christian priests find wisdom in the bible and god.
    budists find wisdom in inner peace,living your life peacefully etc
    every form of religion defines wisdom in their own way.
    some find wisdom in mathematics and physics,some in pure philosphy,some in alchool,some in drugs,some find wisdom in life(learning from life),some find wisdom in art etc.

and most don't have a single crumb of wisdom in them.

if we're gonna talk about what really wisdom means to me,i might as well buy a new keyboard,cuz i think the one i have now,will not last till the half of the conversation.
    Def Poets Society

Battle Record
    1-0
    Define the word and then we can proceed.

Until then, Phate is the winner.
    WaxFondlers
    Vis-Life!

Originally Posted by Dukabej
    DONT FUCK WITH THE A-Z-N MOTHA FUCKA!
    Oreganic

Sinder Velvin
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah David
    I think wisdom is something acquired from your surroundings and the way you were raised. Even with that definition there isn't really anything concrete about where wisdom comes from. I could say wisdom comes from God, but everything comes from God, and life experience is what God uses to help us gain wisdom. But I'm pretty sure the word God just turned alot of people off. There are alot of things I want to address in this thread but I cant do it without some type of dialouge because I'm not sure what direction I want to go in, so do what you guys do best and FIRE AWAY!!!
    If you ask me, wisdom is experience.

Mizz Martin
    theyre both linked thats a def.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    30-3
    Wisdom mostly comes from personal experiences, books, knowledge, and personality.God playing a part in wisdom... maybe, depends on how much of a believer you are.
    QueenStyle

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF
    this was insanely random. you didnt even give us any background on why we're discussing this. lol. but yea wisdom is aquired through life. i would say i'm wise because i've seen a lot of what live dishes out, and i've came out on the other side. its all about experience in the end.
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    22-11
    agreed wat was the point of this define wisdom but both points r linked
    Notarized Artistry

Open Mics

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    30-3
    ^ it is random *closed*
    QueenStyle