User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Do you like harmonic rap (singing mixed with rap)?

Do you like harmonic rap (singing mixed with rap)?

I currently have a good 3-5 songs written that can be rapped or I can sing in a rapping manner. So I am wondering if you all enjoy some 1 adding a different feel to there style, sort of like Afro Man/Nate Dogg who add's a harmony in there lyrics to made it r&b'ish but can still be considered rap. Actually Nelly does it to, and i actually like it now.

So do you all enjoy singing in rap. Or does it depend on the person.

I posted something in the Audio section just recently that started off as a joke, once i got the good feedback i went ahead and wrote some new shit. If you want to check it out, it's there titled "2 In Ya Chest - Singing Version"

So leave me your thoughts on this topic, and if u want to peep that leave it on that thread.

ShadowBad
    It depends. I love 70's Soul samples as background vocals. But for R Kelly/Jay Z type of collaborations, not really feeling it. Few songs come out really dope, like street dreams remix, and regulate..but the majority of the tracks I just aint feeling...

yea it depends, like sum bone thugs shi hellz yea shits gangsta but nelly type a shi is like yo he aint even rappin he backstreet boying not hatin on nelly cuz he do his thing u know but u know wut i mean
    BT representative
    FUI Killa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    thats 4 tha mixtape

MC4Eyez
    Jurassic 5 is excellent, and they have harmonic vocals at times. That's the best example I can think of. It does sound awful if done wrong though.

Peace

Battle Record
    1-1
    I'd Say J5 Are More Of A Barbershop Quartet Than Harmonic Rap, But I Kno Wha You Mean..

Moka Only Is A Good Example..

Altho Some Of His Solo Shit Is Repetitive..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rico
    Your Basically Sayin, Bone Thugs N Harmony .. And They Is Dope .. They've Been Dope .. One Of Tha reasons I got Into Rappin' ..

K-OTIC's Bitch Tha Tiger Dragon's Avatar
    If u wanna do tha melodic thing, don't cross all in the RnB section. Like they said, Bone Thugs, or even Ja Rule's style works 4 rappin. Not a whole lotta Boys 2 Men head flutterin goin on, y'know? Keep it basic.

"then subjugated the remaining population/ I was the architect of Skynet and eventually The Matrix/ destroyed those who wouldn't accept and combine with me/ the ultimate purging of the systemic anomaly"
    The Tiger Dragon - The Weapon X Project Remix 1:11-14

TW1ZT1DK1LL4
    I think that the rapping-singing mixture is cool as hell, jus as long as you got the right peepz doing it. Like Twiztid, they do that shit. I recommend you listen to that shit....

Yeah i like it myself. Glad you all like it to, because now im going to get some responses from my people i havent holla'd at, and see what they opinions is.

So far the people on the net like it. So i'll go grab some more offnet responses.