User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: Verba Obscura

A thick pool of coconut scented cow manure.
    Battle Record
    2-2
    I'm not saying it isn't an exercise of vocabulary. Or anything else YOU may get out of it. But what i am saying is to make it more accessible to people on here, write something with it. An explanation or something. Anything.
    I'm too secure to have a signature.

Oh.

I used to do that but someone said to not do that,becuase then people couldnt interpret or draw there own conclusions.

DALC, my little cissy mary, your only fan is a professor . . . a professor. The fact that you derive so much pleasure from that is singularly damning to your claim to the title "poet." I honestly dont give a shit if this is just an exercise, because it was a futile exercise - it was purely selfish, and therefore does not merit an external audience. Your entire concept of creativity is academic. Fine . . . lump it together with your pi graphs and works cited sheets. If you go public with it, you will be ridiculed. Not because we dont understand it, but because you use vocabulary as a crutch and because you have a very flat personality. A serious poet would call you talentless. Just like I am. Webster wasnt a poet.

As to the comment about your scrotal condition . . . "Why should man be confined to the notation of statements through a imprisonment of lacking vocabulary?" Hmmmmmmnnnnnn . . . define insecurity for me, pointdexter.

Battle Record
    2-2
    I'm not saying give the meaning away. I'm saying explain what you're trying to do with it. Why you chose that format. How one'd go about trying to understand it.

Though that is your perogative. But then don't go about telling people 'you're lacking in vocabulary' cos they don't get it. Or preaching you're the next great messiah here to save an increasingly deteriorating society of speech impediments.

Even then, not knowing these words aint lacking in vocabulary (in the sense the term is used). They're out the normal sphere of vocabulary (even the upper normal part).

Oh.

Its not even about the vocabulary.
    And anyways it was a professor who studied poetry,and as if thats the only person thats made comments on my work.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    - Albert Einstein

I have alot of fans that are true adults and understand the fact that i use Jargon.
    A technical style,obiously,is not something you enjoy reading and studying.
    But to alot of advanced minds,they see that it is not my vocabualry that is amazing or heightned,it is the metaphors and meanings.
    I could show you so many things,but you continue to deny me my merit becuase of the exterior of a technicall word array,when really its a grandiloquent oratory.
    Serious poet? I wish you new me in real life and seen what kind of minds have read my work.
    Put my words up under a microscope and you still wont be able to understand what i say,but if you peel of the exterior things will be crystal clear.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    Ok now I'm getting tired of this now. I respended to one of you OM's a while back, with no response back from you.

I understand what you are trying to do here, but you fail at conveying your message. that in itself is reason one, your form of art is not sitting well here. I can tell you this, I have and continue to work side by side with some of the greatist minds this country and world today. I have logged many University hours, and have read tons and tons of elvated poetry as well. I've worked with accomplished poets, scientist, politicains, military leaders, and common men. None of which have ever went out of thier way to shove their self proclaimed intellect and or superiority down mne or anyone elses throat. Before you go qquestionning my credentails, trust that I have a very colorful backgroind in poetry. Not to mention science, as I do hold a critical position within the scientific community. I know many genious types, yet there is one thing that I have noticed about the ture intillecs and the imposters. The ones with nothing to prove, do not go around looking for self praise, or do not belittle an entire community in juvinille attempts to self stroke an ego. I can produce a complex verse written in language that only the most skilled and educated engineers/scientist would comprehend fully. Just because I have mulitple degrees in those fields doesn't mean I should drop such complex and artisically mute peices. Yes, they are mute, since the voice is written for a very selected and targeted audience. That is no way to excercise your creative writing skills, and I advised against such when my own students took it upon themself to do the same as you have here. Now it's great to have a vast knowledge, but as a poet you are looking to reach people through your words. As it stands, your drops would only reach those you consider academic elite. That is not what poetry is about, it should have an overall all appeal to the common man. Doesn't mean you can not house within your drop some serious metaphoric content, (hey anyone who knows me knows this is ture) but as an artist your focus is getting your message across. I know professors all to well, and they over analyze everything. Why the hell else are they in the classroom teaaching? Because they are the same people(for the most part) that could not cut it in the real world. Real world application of thier expertise is something most academic elite can never attain. I know this first hand, I work with Ph' D's who can not leave the theoritical world for one second. How are they supposed to make things work in a practical world? They can't so they take all their education and go back to the place they were top dogs. That being the University. In the feild w elaugh at those kinds of people, yes they are intelligent, but some are too blind to see things in a praticle light. Now thake this however you may, but be sure you are not going to talk down to me, nor does your use of technical terms cloud my interpitation. I know unless you are a double e mastered, or a senior fellow (as I will be soon), I can key up a verse that would cause your mind to go into a meltdown. I see no reason, since I would only be satisfying myself, which is a cardnal sin to a poet. Remove yourself from your art, and then and only then will you be able to impact and reach people with your deisred message. You can try to head bunt me all day long, but I promise you are not that level. This is not hate, but it's the same lecture I would give in a class room enviornment. I just hate to see the youth lead astray by todays educators. I wouldn't publish you, nor would I allow you to do technical writing for me based on what you've displayed here to date.

I hope you look deep into my words now, before you get derailed in the future.

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^No offense,but ive never read anything from you that would compliment your statement of being intellectually superior to me.
    Or anyone else,and dont you see,THere is no message in this,this is nothing,its me working new words to my vocabulary.
    Listen here,unless you can ever meet me in real life and have a conversastion with me,dont say your smarter.

Mr. Waltz
    Quote Originally Posted by DALC
    THere is no message in this,this is nothing,its me working new words to my vocabulary.
    Quote Originally Posted by DALC
    It may have been lost to you.....But not to serious poets and thinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag...
    you should work on spelling common words like elephant and exercise

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    ^ Only a moron (and or someone with identity issues) would deduce that from my post, not to mention fail to take his own medicine. LMFAO now your true colors show... That is all I wanted to see, now the rest of the board can see it as well. LMFAO... Done deal...
    Last edited by Bounce; February 4th, 2005 at 06:51 PM

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^this Isnt A Poem

whatever.

not at your level....
    please.

Battle Record
    2-2
    *tumbleweed*

*silence*

*stares*

Oh.