User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 80

Thread: Midi

I'm Only Here 4 ME Fuck U TheUnderRated's Avatar
    Battle Record
    57-36

Midi

word I wanna start with midi in my home so i can practice out of school I looked at a triton and they are about 1000 buckaroos plus I need a sequencer like DP or Logic Reason and other ... but anyway whats a nice quality setup i can get for a decent price if you know plz drop it hear .. hard to produce shit only in the midi lab 2 hours a week I want MORE! word aight thx pz.
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

dj_fade_out
    DP and Logic are strictly for mac. You can't get those for pc. for a midi setup I'd say get the m-audio keystation 88 $500, motu midi express xt $300, mo phatt $300 or planet phatt $200, proteus 2000 rack $300, triton rack $1K, motif rack $1K, and the fantom rack $1.3K. You can use Cubase or Nuendo to interface everything together through it. That way you record your midi through the keystation into the midi express xt and then into cubase/nuendo. Then from there you can tell it which sound module you want it to go to. Cubase is a bit better wit midi than nuendo. Protools sucks with midi. Sonar from what I've heard is really good with midi. DP is good with midi as I see you've already found out. I can't stand Logic. I used it before when you could use it for the pc. That program was difficult to get around in. So, I could care less bout that program.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    u got some kind of budget youre workin with?

Battle Record
    57-36
    lets say for now I only got 800 dollars should I invest yet or save? ... plz note one day I will be professional .. thank you pz. I do however want to be able to bang out nice midi beats in the comfort of my home so yea ... i realize its gonna cost just need a lil guidance on how much i should save for the venture thanx...
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

dj_fade_out
    For 800 get the Keystation 88, and get reason. Then keep save and keep adding refill to reason or add soundmodules as you get the money for them.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    agreed

Battle Record
    37-1
    I would much rather have Vsts then reason in a heart beat. Reasons refills are ok, but EVERYONE and their mother have the same sounds. Where as the Vsts are a little harder to get.

That's just me though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Battle Record
    57-36
    aight thats my choice for now then ... *continues to save*
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

I Love Titty
    I agree with Emerge...

..i'm not the biggest reason fan, but i love VSTs, and i love cubase, the MIDI capabilities are great, and VSTs offer a wide range of different sounds, which can then be tweaked to ur likings. I would personally recomend the VST route

<table style=filter:GLOW(color=Black)></table\>54 East Productions<table style=filter:GLOW(color=Black)></table>

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    um u can use reason refills AND VSTs AND RTAS AND DXi. u use rewire. who uses one program and that's it? Just use reason as a plugin for wutever program youre using when u want to use a refill. Reason is godd because it's extremely stable. How many times has a program crashed on you? Reason doesn't crash. Pro Tools + Reason = Never crashing your system.

I Love Titty
    Touche^^^

ReWire makes for some DEADLY combos like Acid+Cube lol

<table style=filter:GLOW(color=Black)></table\>54 East Productions<table style=filter:GLOW(color=Black)></table>

Battle Record
    37-1
    Quote Originally Posted by ...OpeY...
    um u can use reason refills AND VSTs AND RTAS AND DXi. u use rewire. who uses one program and that's it? Just use reason as a plugin for wutever program youre using when u want to use a refill. Reason is godd because it's extremely stable. How many times has a program crashed on you? Reason doesn't crash. Pro Tools + Reason = Never crashing your system.
    If I have NO use for their played out refills, then why even use it in the first place?

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    because ur generalizing "played out refills" when they come out with new ones all the time, and if you knew anything about good instruments u would know for instance that the kurzweil piano refill is the best piano module on the market next to the actual kurzweil micro piano hardware. do i need to go on about what refills are superior to any VSTi's? What kind of lame producer would think that actual instruments could possibly be played out? how many bands and groups have been using the same instruments for years? I guess the PRS guitar is played out too. Software instruments are the same thing. If you need instrument sounds that no one else has to be make good music then u suck at producing.

Battle Record
    37-1
    I love how you talk sooooo much shit all the god damn time yet on aim you ask me for beats for your mixtape that is NEVER going to happen.

Opinion in equipment is one thing but you crossed a line with that post, now shut the fuck up and go try to sell some drugs so that maybe next year you can buy your family some presents you sorry ass waste of a soul.

And wtf at your arguement I was not talking about INSTRUMENTS in general you MORON. I was talking about the synth refills.

Jesus christ stop being such an ignorant fat ass.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    wow u made 1 tight beat and gave u credit for it. good job. i crossed the line by sayin if you need sounds that no one else has to make good music then u suck at producing? ok then. and refills ARE instruments idiot. i can't help that you make techno/hiphop crossover beats lmao. fake ass lil john.

btw... puttin my personal business out in the public is homo. u just proved how much of a fag u are. and its sad that i didnt even tell that shit to u. u read my convo in a password protected forum between me and someone else and memorized it u lame. fuckin nerd