User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 83

Thread: You cannot understand me.

Battle Record
    1-12
    Quote Originally Posted by DALC
    If its looked at and reasearched,alot can be learned.
    Its purpose is a lyricall display of different assortments and types of information.
    It is written so complex,because thats how my mind works.
    Im not asserting myself above anyone.
    When someone writes something that cant be easily understood,that does not mean he is asserting his intellegence above someone elses.

for some reason i didnt have any trouble at all understanding this, it was clear as day...

this just isn't a palpable form of writing...

i could write something like this, but why...?

i have an idea...let's have a topical battle...the voters will be selected as im sure the content will be above the level of most members...

a neutral party will select the topic...i will select two voters, and you may select two voters...all voters must be trusted to vote fairly...crew members are acceptable, but they must explain their votes in detail...the fifth voter will be...hmm, im not sure how we will select the fifth....

anyway...

do you accept?

just a friendly comparison of literary talent
    Bittersweet

^ive never battled in any way in my life over writing.
    I dont need to battle to figure something out,I am abstract,and you are not.

lifeless and broke, like Muddy Waters last days at interscope
    like the Oracle struck dumb or Socrates on coke
    name checka one two two one but communication is two way
    not like a pager cuz I dont write for the dumb
    I dont write for the Tom Thumbs working their index muscles
    wearing barets like Old West prostitutes wore their bussels
    I write in white ink on your girl's mirror cuz she's a narcissist
    a bonifide mental fuckup playing the role of mythologist
    the symbolism is swift, so call me High John the Conqueror
    playing silence like the lyre of the wise king Conchubar
    whose spell doomed Cuchulain to fighting the waves
    after he'd slayed his own son, a warrior fighting in vain

thats about the scope of your knowledge, pointdexter
    you might impress your professor but the poetry lovers
    listen like "whatever," whatever you say or aim to claim
    will be used against you, like Christianity perverted
    to destroy the tribes in the stories by Achebe
    trust me, you dont need a dictionary to be complex
    your scholarship is still young so dont feel too vexed
    when I kick this hex-in-grams more potent than the kilos
    that killed Ol Dirty (aka the modern Neal Cassidy, may he rest in peace tho)
    from Yoruban to Scientology, your attempt at witticism
    is worthy of an apology, not to board members, but to yourself
    for fukking up so obviously - the harder you try to come off complex
    the more simple the solution, save the confusion for the unpredictable
    and get off of whatever nerd drug your using.

(no hard feelings, harmless jab).

I dont use dictionaries and this aint the pace to battle or anything.
    That wanst that good,and dont do that again.

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    "bigdumbelephant" get at me...

AIM = NateSMZ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm dead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hence Forward

Battle Record
    8-11
    Goddamn. my cranium pangs with pane... and... FUCK! you got me sayin that shit, now, too! oh well. i thought this piece was cool at first; i thought you were gonna actually GO somewhere with it, like you were givin an example of why you thought high vocab in verses was a wack idea.... but by the 5th line, i saw that that wasn't the case.
    I did not understand it in the slightest... but i'd like to. so, i beseech you to rewind and redefine your advanced vocab and change that verse into words we at RB CAN understand. Really, i'd like to hear it... AND comprehend it. Thanks.

Battle Record
    8-11
    Quote Originally Posted by DALC
    ^ive never battled in any way in my life over writing.
    I dont need to battle to figure something out,I am abstract,and you are not.
    lol, i used to be abstract. then i got my losses.... all in a row. now that i'm not, i've won like 4 or 5 battles in a row... (i could win another one, but psalm isn't uppin, and i'm out of em. *sigh* fuck.)

ill break this bitch down tomorrow,into english.

ummmm, Dalc . . . do your research, and then tell me it wasnt good. pseudointellectuals obviously dont like being called out. I told you, I was just messing around before, but fuc that now . . . you wanna blather on about your knowledge, step up and support it. You want to knock me, drop some specifics. I admit, I came with a poor closer . . . but find anything else, I dare you. I dont do science and physics and medicine, but I definitely got you on myth. If you dont want to battle, dont be talking shit, especially when nobody else is feeling you. Now, apologize and walk away with whatever dignity you came in with.

oh come on, well i dont live in utah, like the rest of you, because im guessing from your rapping that your all 12 year old white mormons. holla
    Battle Record
    0-1
    haha, excellent work mr. elephant! it is a shame, however, it appears lost on the lower form of intellectual. You cant exactly threaten a bushman with the preverbial red button now can you? A sharp stick would have worked better. lol, but in all seriousness the big dumb elephant is ill, the type to speak misogyny to N.O.W. and get calls for encore lol.......but i digress, "do it shake" (or dalc) "Piss him off."

You seriously think this was written for rapbattles.com?
    You are not the audience this is ment for,i dont even know why i poseted it,except for the thought that someone might want to examine catachresis metaphors.
    Im not battlin especially in open mic,and anyways-you use maybe 4 or 5 points of knowlege in your verse about some of the most well known mythological stories and then say theres something for me to research?

Your right - out of 13 "points of knowledge," I used 4 that should be common knowledge. They do not explain the remaining 9 references, so I dont really know what the point of your response is. I will say it again, real slow so this time you dont miss it . . . I. WAS. NOT. TRYING. TO. BATTLE. YOU. I understand this was not a battle rap in any way shape or form, you turned it into a battle. Stupid. I am the audience you posted this for, because I am the audience at rapbattles.com, where you posted. Poetry is always written with the intent of presentation . . . thats the foundation of poetry, thats what it always has been and always will be. Once you present something you have done or are affiliated with, you open yourself up to criticism. Take it with some grace and loose the attitude.

Noodles - Honestly, sir, such overwhelming praise is unmerited - I am just a humble poet with a really huge dick, and a low tolerance for sensitivity and feelings in the realm of poetry. Without any homophobic implications whatsoever, my only mission statement is to crush all artfags. You are welcome to join the cause.

I wrote this for another type of people,yet put it here,just to do it.
    I knew what would be said,but i dont care about people who fail to make an attept at learning.

riiiiiiiight . . . you posted it on this site, then got a bug up your ass when I resonded, and you dont care? Child, you are either a hyper-sensitive twerp trying to play it off or an idiot who's intelligence doesnt extend beyond the books you've read. In either case, dont respond, as you are an embarrassment to yourself and anyone you come into contact with.

child?haha
    Im not in a agressive disposistion,you just keep replying and wont shut up.