User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Opey Plz Opey

J Saint

Opey Plz Opey

hey opey i know we had talked on aim the other day about a edirol interface to hook up my digitube but i had a couple questions for you like ... relating to software and such so when you get a chance if you could hit me again UnderDog1615 i would preciate it thanx.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    share your questions with the site so people can learn. thats the point of the forum.

J Saint
    aight why i shouldn't i get an Mbox with some pro tools software so i can start with my professional career as soon as possible ... instead of the edirol ... isn't the M box an interface....

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    u dont need the mbox and the digitube. the mbox has professional quality preamps tho. but its still only 48khz like the digitube. i only have the mbox because i got it half price and i wanted to start learning protools b4 i got the DIGI 002. if you want to take your digitube back and get an mbox then i recommend u hit up ebay. u should be able to find one for around $350 on there. if you're gonna pay $550 for an mbox i recommend getting an emu sound card and a focusrite preamp instead. the quality would be superior.

J Saint
    if i wanted to learn on protools is there a way i could do that with the edirol to the digitube setup i would have going there or would i have to produce with the sonar 3 producer edition i got ... oooh another question also i got an emu 1820 that i can't use but it came with cubase 4 can i just install the cubase 4 software produce with that and run the edirol to digitube setup i got going ... >???

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    protools is useless without the hardware. if u want to learn protools then get the mbox and take back your other stuff. also, u can use cubase... of course. i don't like that program tho. i know theres several versions of it but if youre gonna get into cubase just get nuendo. cubase gives me a headache.

I'm Only Here 4 ME Fuck U TheUnderRated's Avatar
    Battle Record
    57-36
    Well i'm going to production school so i can just learn protools there ..... but what recording softward would you reccomend i get for the edirol / digitube / MXL 990 setup?
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    i use a combination of Acid Pro and Soundforge. I think everyone should own soundforge no matter what other software they use. its an awesome wave editor. its excellent for putting the finishing touches on a track. A lot of people look down on Acid Pro and hype up cool edit (adobe audition) and cubase. dont even get into cool edit. there are limitations that you'll eventually run into and you'll have to learn another program eventually.

I've worked a lot with cubase and cubase VST. I hate them. i recorded a whole album with it in a professional studio. It is a freakin headache. cubase conflicts with other programs and takes over your drivers. the controls are shitty and the wav editor is god aweful. When you record a track it leaves space before the actual recording on the wav files, which makes it very difficult to transfer projects to other programs for editing. Cubase's only advantage over Acid Pro is if you are recording multiple tracks at once. This is the only reason I had to use cubase.

Nuendo has gotten a lot of good reviews. i wish ive had a chance to use it. it again has the multitrack mixer that Acid Pro lacks. its supposed to be very easy to use. But I haven't played with it yet so i can't comment on advantages and disadvantages. Maybe someone that uses nuendo can enlighten us about whether or not it has the same problems as cubase. If it doesnt then i would lean toward nuendo.

Acid Pro has all the features that I need until i master protools so I'll stick with that. Its seemless functionality with soundforge is enough for me to keep using it. I would talk to Alcatrakz about Nuendo's features tho. the important questions are...

Does it save each recorded track as a wav?
    Is the actual wav file the exact same length as it appears in the program?
    Can you set its default wav editor to another program like soundforge?
    Can you split, join, copy, paste, and move parts of a track with the mouse?
    can you duplicate tracks?
    Can you apply volume, pan, and fx envelopes to each track?

if all those answers are yes then go with nuendo. If not then i recommend acid pro just for ease of use until you learn protools. Most of the answers are probably yes, but i dont know for sure. All these features are important to me. I've thrown every other program to the side due to the lack of functionality. Acid just happens to have downfalls that don't effect me.

Battle Record
    57-36
    I thought you couldn't edit your vocals in acid pro as well as you can in cool edit... was i miss informed or is that where the soundforge comes in .. i already have acid pro so drop a figure on the soundforge if you could plz.. I think its in the sweeter water gear encylopedia but i'm not sure cuz there is more then one there... thanx pz.
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

Battle Record
    17-14
    Yeah i should proly learn acid though i have few complaint about cep2 its just so easy to use

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMiurgiC
    I thought you couldn't edit your vocals in acid pro as well as you can in cool edit... was i miss informed or is that where the soundforge comes in .. i already have acid pro so drop a figure on the soundforge if you could plz.. I think its in the sweeter water gear encylopedia but i'm not sure cuz there is more then one there... thanx pz.
    someone told you wrong. its easy as hell to edit vocals in acid. infact, if you beatmap the intrumental before you record your vocals it makes it easy as shit to move your vocals around on the project. u can make everything snap to 8th notes or whatever you want so you dont have to align the vocals if u need to move them.

soundforge 7 is like $400. I got $400 off tho

Battle Record
    57-36
    ^heheeh nice .... hmmmmm aight I might just reinstall my acid pro then and work with that and check into soundforge and use that and sonar 3 producer edition aight koo koo i got alot of shit to work on thanx for the help opey

closed.
    INSANE JOKA LYRICIST

Battle Record
    11-5

Re: Opey Plz Opey

Moved to Producer's Corner.

Social Media: