User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4
Showing results 46 to 52 of 52

Thread: Run, Forrest, Run...you were meant to!!!

Battle Record
    12-1
    How was I owned? What i said is fact. I won't return to this thread. It's clear that you just want to drag this on for some reason.

SMZ, do you think the man would really be as fast with 15-20 pounds on his back? Nevermind. I respect your oppinion cause at least they are based in fact. I already admitted it was a possibility. Most men wouldn't make it though.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    6-3
    Awards WOP Champion
    Of course - like I said - people train with weights all the time. As you build your endurance up the differnce becomes marginal. Think of the army guys running around with fifty pounds of shit on their backs. I know any of them can run farther with his fifty pounds of gear than I can carrying nothing. Compared to most Americans I'm in shape - as I pointed out already however that hardly = actually being in shape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm dead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hence Forward

I can't believe their is a 4 page discussion on man racing a horse, but w/e.

If you are going to debate it then you shouldn't argue what man can do know. This study wasn't based on a couch potato, or an army cadet. It was based on a huminoid that was probably much more akin to a marathon runner than the latest subway spokesman.

Regardless, I think it's a mute point. Every species has a combination of traits that make up it's competitive advantage. Skunks can run, but they can't run as fast as horses. On the other hand, horses can squirt toxic waste juice.

Humans may have adopted running over climbing not because they could run as fast as horses, but rather because the combination of running and being highly intelligent was more effective than climbing in combination with a higher intelligence. There could have been plenty of other factors as well. The point is that the article only points out that we switched, it does not say we switched because we are able to run faster than horses.
    Studio 21

Battle Record
    3-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Black
    How was I owned? What i said is fact. I won't return to this thread. It's clear that you just want to drag this on for some reason.

SMZ, do you think the man would really be as fast with 15-20 pounds on his back? Nevermind. I respect your oppinion cause at least they are based in fact. I already admitted it was a possibility. Most men wouldn't make it though.
    No, what you said was not fact. I mean c'mon, a horse and a human running at the same speed?

You wanted me to argue numbers.

I argued numbers.

You clearly did not read a damn thing I wrote.

I want you to read it.

And then double check my work.

Dumbass.

Seriously though... I'm sick of people commenting on what I've written, without even reading what I wrote. It's fucking Poetic Scriptures for the past four years all over again.

Battle Record
    12-1
    Lich, shush. You act like my little siblings, always tugging at my shirt, attempting to get my attention by any means. Quit following me around this board, kid.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    3-1
    Yeah, my favorite part was after I owning you, you called me out again (Since you're the one who can't get enough of me.) In which I owned you the way you wanted me to (With numbers.) And now you think by ignoring it, you'll still come out on top.

If ignorance is bliss...

Battle Record
    12-1
    Whatever helps you sleep at night, Lich.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers