User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Do you write lyrics?..

Battle Record
    12-1

Do you write lyrics?..

I havn't written a lyric on paper in a while.It's not taking Biggie's shit either because many writers never write rough drafts, brainstorms etc. They just formulate everything in mind and type out the final draft in one take. I've always been like that, but in rap, the final take is spitting in the booth(a $20 mic in the tub, in my case). Many slam poets who perforn never write either. I just hate to write on paper. The only time I do write on paper is a phone number here and there. I even never do rough drafts for school papers. I just organize in my head and write the whole shit in one sitting and still managed to get an A in college comp 1, and a B in college comp 2.

Ups to it:
    -Everything's memorized, so you can record in one take most of the time
    -You wont loose a rhyme book with months of work in it
    -You can be anywhere doing anything, and write in your head
    -You can have a new verse memorized and written in 15 minutes

Downs:
    -I don't have the stamina & focus to do 3 16s & a chorus in one sitting

I may add mor ups and downs. Does anyone here practice the 'fuck-a-pen' style of creation, and what do you think of it?
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

flump
    i write

doesnotexist
    To me there really isnt much difference if I come up with it in my head or if Im writing it. And sometimes I will come up with the whole thing in my head first.....then write it just in case i forget.

Battle Record
    5-3
    it depends on wat other peoples minds can handle
    bitch
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    7-1
    I use to do that, then people called me wack so I stopped...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leave me alone

I type my shit,yes i write.
    I just like writing,and i like to preserve a material copy of my thoughts and feelings
    instead of just an audio track.

Battle Record
    1-4
    Dont write much. I type more.
    Back.

Plus not everything i write is recorded,alot is just lyrics and poems.

leaveitto_beaver
    i just started writing and itz gay....me and my homeboyz freestyle and our shit comes out real and most timez better than our written shit....

None
    Battle Record
    18-0
    i could handle writing, but i dont like memorizing things... cuz then i have to repeat it to myself to remember, where on paper i know its there and therers no practcie involved... if that makes sense

Just some old ass account Devastator™'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    20-2
    i dont gather my thoughts i just type ...sometimes write.... like a downhill momentum, the ideas and bars keep building up like a snowball until theres 3 sixteens.
    But hooks can take longer for me to think of.

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    I write in my Book of Rhymes...

But I write so I don't forget a line I just thought of...
    Or I just write 16 bars of stuff so that if I ever need a verse to spit with, I have stuff written down...
    Kinda like having some stocked rhymes I guess...*shrugs shoulders*

Speech is my Hammer Hail the Vibe's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-14
    Yeah, I don't have the stamina for a three sixteen bar verses AND a hook. But I can do two sixteens and a hook. Don't know why, but I can.

flump
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeble Minded
    i could handle writing, but i dont like memorizing things... cuz then i have to repeat it to myself to remember, where on paper i know its there and therers no practcie involved... if that makes sense

if you ever start doihg audio thats gonna have to change. you need to memorize your lyrics for audio so you dont sound like your reading

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by ..|Barz.Bury|..
    Yeah, I don't have the stamina for a three sixteen bar verses AND a hook. But I can do two sixteens and a hook. Don't know why, but I can.
    Writing three 16 bars verses and a hook isn't that hard...
    The only thing that's hard is thinking of what to write about...