Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: KRS-One, Decency Zero

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

KRS-One, Decency Zero

Source: NY Daily News.

If Osama Bin Laden ever buys a rap album, he'll probably start with a cd by KRS-One.
    The Hip-Hop anarchist has declared his solidarity with Al Qaeda by asserting that he and other African Americans "cheered when 9/11 happened"
    The Rapper, whose real name is Kris Parker, defiled the memory of those who died in the terrorist attacks as he spouted off at a recent New Yorker Festival panel discussion.
    "I say that proudly" The Boogie Down Productions founder went on, insisting that, before the attack, security guards kept black people out of the Trade Center "because of the Way we talk and dress"
    "So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm- Justice' "
    The atrocity of 9/11 "doesn't affect us [the hip hop community]", he said. "9/11 happened to them, not us", he added explaining that by "them" he meant "the rich... those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, Universal, the radio stations"
    Parker's screed drew a loud boo from novelist Tom Kelly who was in the audience. "I lost six friends there on 9/11", Kelly told us afterward.
    Parker also sneered at efforts by other rappers to get young people to vote.
    "Voting in a corrupt society adds more corruption," he added. "America has to commit suicide if the world is to be a better place"
    Ex- Nirvana rocker Krist Novoselic, who was on the panel, yelled back: " That is wrong man. Suicide is not the answer.

shit... Bill O'reilly...eat your heart out.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    0-5
    He got a point.. but it's still kinda raw.

Battle Record
    7-15
    Yeah he has a point... But the way he presented it was not how it should've been. 3,000 people should not have died for everyone to realize the fucked up shit america's done/doing. Thats where KRS is wrong.
    With that, I lost some respect for him, because this is someone I hold in high regard to now stoop to a level like this.
    The newspaper and the people there took it the wrong way because how he said it. Imagine the boner Bill O'Reilly gets when he sees this.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

doesnotexist
    I havent lost any respect for him. I agree with him for the most part.
    But hey thats me everyones allowed to think whatever the fuck they want.

Battle Record
    7-15
    well yeah... Im not pointing this at you or anything..
    but If Krs cheered that 3000 people died, and when the twins hit the towers, I don't lose respect. But any person on rb said that...people would be really getting at that person.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

doesnotexist
    Let'em....everyone has their opinion.

I agree with him that I and WE ( hip-hop ) werent affected.

And I dont agree about cheering that 3000 people died lol But the honest truth is i personaly didnt know anyone there and dont give a fuck what happend. Thats just brutal honesty. It happens daily in some countries so its not a big deal cuz its mostly 3rd world countries.

||RythmicTendicies|| 'PercepTion''s Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-13
    "The Hip-Hop anarchist has declared his solidarity with Al Qaeda by asserting that he and other African Americans "cheered when 9/11 happened"
    The Rapper, whose real name is Kris Parker, defiled the memory of those who died in the terrorist attacks as he spouted off at a recent New Yorker Festival panel discussion."

If that was a mainstream black artist, ie...Benzino, Lloyd Banks..you'd all be hating on him. I'm for free speech and whatever, but as i said, if it was a mainstream black artist you'd be all sending him death threats & shit.
    Open Mic's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------------------------

Battle Record
    7-15
    I understand where your comin from Vanja.
    But Percept..got my point in his post too. Not pointing it at anyone in particular.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF
    He didn`t really say he 'cheered when 3000 people died' .. He said he 'cheered when 9/11 happened' .. But word .. Shit`s the truth ..

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    7-1
    word the krs 1....gotta admit guys got a lot of balls and i actually feel what hes saying...

Battle Record
    7-15
    Like I said...now, what he's said has been said.
    But now what?
    You know there's going to be another Bill O'Reilly attack on Hip op. Thats what upsets me the most.
    Everyone here knows that KRS can take on Bill and all, but what happens to the general public, misinterprets KRS, and happens to agree with Bill.
    There was one part of the editorial I didn't include which was the author's opinion, which he called KRS's career a failure anyways. Most people are going to see it as, he is cheering 3000 dead, and most people see it as he is trying to support the al qaeda.
    Anyone see what I'm getting at.
    Im just playing Devil's advocate, so don't exactly take any of my posts too seriously, but Im trying to give you all a broader view, you know ?
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    I greatly respect KRS one and I think he has a point. Other than the initial shock of it all that shit didnt really pertain to me at all when it happened. Like Vanja said, stuff like that happens all the time in other countries and more people die per month than the amount of deaths caused by the september 11th attacks so by comparison that shit is small news. We as americans only got so outraged because it pretty much exposed our vulnerability and shook that "we're the untouchable shit" attitude we carried over from WWII.

Battle Record
    7-1
    bill o reilly has a sexual harresment suit going on right now...so hes gonna be pretty busy..

Battle Record
    7-15
    I Bet he'll still go on his show and rant on and on about this. Atleast before his show gets pulled of the possible plug.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

None
    Battle Record
    18-0
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiddZ
    Like I said...now, what he's said has been said.
    But now what?
    You know there's going to be another Bill O'Reilly attack on Hip op. Thats what upsets me the most.
    Everyone here knows that KRS can take on Bill and all, but what happens to the general public, misinterprets KRS, and happens to agree with Bill.
    There was one part of the editorial I didn't include which was the author's opinion, which he called KRS's career a failure anyways. Most people are going to see it as, he is cheering 3000 dead, and most people see it as he is trying to support the al qaeda.
    Anyone see what I'm getting at.
    Im just playing Devil's advocate, so don't exactly take any of my posts too seriously, but Im trying to give you all a broader view, you know ?
    well excuse me for 'misinterpreting' the phrase "i cheered when 9-11 happened." Excuse me for thinking that meant he loved America. Excuse me for thinking that he was glad that people died simply because they were rich... (another 'misinterpretation' , this time by him, because not everyone in the building was rich and not everyone in the building was white). and no KRS cannot take on 'Bill', Bill may have views you disagree with but what kind of debating experience do you think KRS has compard to Bill O'Reilly's ? None. Oh, and all the money i've ever possessed says that most of you morons would shout treason if Eminem had made the exact same comment.