User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 87

Thread: Mastering

Battle Record
    37-1
    None of you can master, so forget about it.

And unless you are engineer you wont "MASTER" but you can get something that can sound good or OK but that is not mastering. And you dont have to go to school to be an engineer, atleast not a CONVENTIONAL school. Regardless, you can't master so you guys need to just focus on getting a good mix so that people can master that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Redemtion
    Emerge wtf you talkin about? What so your saying every professional engineer out there just went to school with no mixing experience and BAM they became professional like that? Nah uh...don't work like that...mabey it does with some but half the time before that they knew background of mixing...possibally did underground mixing such I do. Again like Clark Kent said I totally agree on. Just because it's not 'perfect' don't mean it's not gonna be nice.

Battle Record
    37-1
    /\You obviously misread/understood what I said.

to that clark kent dude..

Ozone 3 is a plug-in... lol..

n with T-Racks.. the furthest itll take u in the mastering process is prolly the pre-mastering..

n mastering takes years to learn..

I'm Not Aines, Morons... Aines.ly Harriot's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-2
    Mastering's a College style course... and people still come out of the course with a pass mark and fail the fuck in the industry... still believe you can't "Learn" to master as such, you can learn How to master and the mechanics of Mastering... but if you havent got that genetic quality your not gonna be any good.

Southend United. Championship.

R.I.P Kiyan Prince, Kill The Killers

The Foremost Authority on Real Football on RB. Fact.

m0derator
    sounds like most of you guys dont even know wat MASTERING is..

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kent
    so your telling me that its no POSSIBLE WAY to master unless you are a professional engineer? psshh its many people in the business who master n have never taken any engineering classes if you know what sound you need to get you can POSSIBLY DO IT i not saying that anyone can do it but some may be able too, you might not get the PERFECT MASTER but for many it could be good enough
    Yo this is way late but hey.....it happens. Check this thread out which was pulled off the South African Hip-Hop Forum www.africasgateway.com:

"Have a look at this program. Its called Auto Audio Mastering and is so user friendly, even my 2 year olf niece Maya (God bless her) couldn't crash the system.

Check out this link for the 21 Day Trial Day period

www.curioza.com

You get the full program and can use it for 21 days, a trail period you can use in order to do the whole pay and registration thing...you know how software retail works.

I just finished using this baby last night and am using it today (Lost Scrolls needs mastering) and I must say personally I am very impressed with the work done. At first I thought maybe it was all psycological, but I then came to see that this program is actually an incredible resource to have, especially for upcoming producers and artists who have underground tracks that they cannot find Mastering Finance for.

The mastering quality is actually incredible and I endorse this program. It requires very little manual input, just select the source file (ie the file you want mastered, ie your track) and then select a reference file (the track you want it to sound like). AAM then matches the final track EQs, compression, Parametics and loudnesses of the Source track to the Reference file. For complete noobs to mastering such as myself, this is a matter of great aid. Your final mix will be produced to commercial levels and the quality is extraordinary.

Now for the word of caution. To even newer noobs than myself, do not expect the program to give your tracks "life" and "sparkle" if it was dead to start off with. Remember, programs such as this are not meant to be alchemists: If the input is sh*t, then the output will be better quality sh*t, but still sh*t non-the-less. This program is not meant to substitute the art of mixing the track yourself. That means that you are responsible for the individual effects, levels and EQs of the individual tracks that make up the final mix. If you stuff this up and don't get it right, don't expect the program to make the track your 2 year old cousin drooled out in the kitchen sound like a banger produced by Kanye! REMEMBER: THE PROGRAM WORKS WITHIN REASON!

Apart from that, if you know what you are doing in the mixing stage, the program is great for you if you would rather focus on the mastering side of the track. Just click, click and wait about 10 minutes per track (depending) while the program does its thing.

P.S. To even newer noobs than the new noobs mentioned above, I heard you exclaiming "10 MINUTES! SO LONG?" If is known that the longer the program takes to run the processes, the more thourough a jobs its doing....either that or your processor seriously needs an upgrade. This program chows 313MB of ram while it runs so that gives you an indication of the level of integrity of the work.

This has been a DarkBlood Primal Productions public service. Use this knowledge wisely!

Boom!"
    "Sure to represent Hermanus family 24/7
    'til one of you f*ckers puts me with my mother in heaven!"

- DarKBlood "Everytime I spit"
    produced by Whyte Out Productions

Battle Record
    5-3
    fact - NO ONE HERE CAN MASTER.

sorry.

Mastering is not mixing ANYTHING. The term "mastering" is even used wrong in the industry 9 times out of 10. What we know as "mastering engineers" are really "premastering engineers". Mastering occurs before the product is mass duplicated. Its a physical process that takes place when it arrives in the place its pressed up at.

-No one here can even pre master.
    -No plugin available is going to make you a mastering engineer.
    -No mixing engineer that got some certificate from Full Sail or any other college is a mastering engineer.
    -It takes decades to train your ear to the point were your READY to begin considering a mastering engineers role.

plugins are good if you need to "master" yourself to try and get a better sound, because you don't have the funds to go to a real mastering house. But dont fool yourself. Seriously, your not really mastering.

That's like me buying a camoflauge outfit and saying I'm a navy seal.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    "That's like me buying a camoflauge outfit and saying I'm a navy seal."

OMFG!!!

that was the best analogy in the history of analogies... oh god lmfao

word...I rememeber I fucked up one day and said i knew how to master and Merge got on my ass son...
    Self Made... You just affiliated.

Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin on you...? You could have better gear and couldnt style it on me...

Battle Record
    37-1
    LMMMMMMMFFFFFFAO at navy seal.. rotlmfao

but, as tax said, nunyall can't do shit

actually nobody here can lmao

tax can mix rather sexy though

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    he's been slackin lately... LAZY BUM!!!

Battle Record
    5-3
    i have...

hence the reason i havent been posting new stuff
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    37-1
    that's what happens when you're a navy seal though

lmao....word...
    Self Made... You just affiliated.

Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin on you...? You could have better gear and couldnt style it on me...