User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Chaim Potok..

G.Hod

Lightbulb Chaim Potok..

is seriously real sick with it, dudes. after reading maybe 150 pages of his novel, 'the chosen,' i'm so hyped. it's one of the rarest and eclectic moments you'll feel, as a human being, i think. it goes like this - i'm reading, the climatic moment in the passage is coming, & an adrenaline-esque entity builds up inside you. at its conclusion, i'm laughing, smiling & getting misty-eyed & i have no idea why. i'm alone, in my room doing this homework & it's like i'm on a high. i'll never forget the feeling, because i'm sure no recreational drug can eclipse it.

iunno if it's the book or what, i'll let you know when i finish - but, i'm wondering if anybody has experienced a true 'natural high.'

I think my english muffins are burning

remember when TR banned 2 days ago for freeposting ? at which time I unbanned you only because everyone else was freeposting too and it was slightly unfair (altho, at the time, TR didnt know it was unfair because everyone else hadnt started freeposting yet). well, consider this a warning to not freepost. the second and last one -feeble
    Last edited by Richard Parker; September 29th, 2004 at 10:38 PM
    [YOUTUBE]M6oovFB12i8[/YOUTUBE]

Topic
    Battle Record
    3-3
    Chaim Potok in a very nice. I read The Chosen last year...it was actully really hard reading it durring class. You feel so many emotions while reading it. Have you got to the ending yet? If not then you'll love it. Its like a waterfall of emotions displayed in the last 50 pages. How he throws out all the views. Many parts are like it in the book. On of my faverite books of all time. I only really get natural highs...when im with my girlfriend.
    Scytsophrenia

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF
    Never heard of him .. I might have to check this out .. I ain`t read a good book in a long time ..

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    82-30
    Awards 75+ Wins

Battle Record
    5-2
    Ah damn, I read a book by him in High School.

I forgot which one it was....I dunno if it was that one..
    But it was about a Jewish kid who made friends with
    another kid. And he wasn't supposed to cuz
    of some kind of religious difference, i dunno. But in the
    beginning he got beaned with a baseball. is that it?
    "And I feel like an idiot working my day
    around a call but when I pick up I don't know what to say"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    0-2
    yo 13th that is funny as hell.
    that book you guys are talking about sounds interesting. i have yet to read a book that brings on emotions like you guys say.
    You just got effed in the A

Mondo Thugs

Battle Record
    82-30
    Awards 75+ Wins
    lol....i figured that article was better than the book..

Have you ever read Remains of the Day by Ishiguro? Very well written, quite poignant at times.
    Last Word
    I must last... word

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    7-3
    Quote Originally Posted by G. Hod
    is seriously real sick with it, dudes. after reading maybe 150 pages of his novel, 'the chosen,' i'm so hyped. it's one of the rarest and eclectic moments you'll feel, as a human being, i think. it goes like this - i'm reading, the climatic moment in the passage is coming, & an adrenaline-esque entity builds up inside you. at its conclusion, i'm laughing, smiling & getting misty-eyed & i have no idea why. i'm alone, in my room doing this homework & it's like i'm on a high. i'll never forget the feeling, because i'm sure no recreational drug can eclipse it.

iunno if it's the book or what, i'll let you know when i finish - but, i'm wondering if anybody has experienced a true 'natural high.'