User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 66

Thread: Necro article on Eminem and using the N word

You've Earned a Custom Title! Para[D]ox's Avatar

Necro article on Eminem and using the N word

http://www.sohh.com/article_print.php?content_ID=2023

SOHH:Of course being white with crazy lyrics, you've garnered comparisons to Eminem. How do you feel about that?

Necro:Sometimes it's wack. It's all good though. Eminem is a dope rapper. He displays lyrical skill, comes with original ideas, does his thing. But you know the reason they're comparing us is because it's a white thing. I'm white and he's white and we rap crazy. But it's not a big deal to me. It's ill though because he sold 7 million records and everyone constantly mentions me in the same sentence; now, I know my sh*t is bound to blow up like that too. The only problem is most people don't know about my sh*t. I think a lot of muthaf*ckas are gonna buy and like my sh*t once they finally hear it.

SOHH:Some hip-hop heads are uncomfortable with a white rapper saying the word "n*gga" in their rhymes. You've used it a couple times in your lyrics and some cats think you're crossing the line with that.

Necro:Honestly, I started trying not to use it, because I realize that some people find it offensive. I never really gave a sh*t about offending people, but I know that black people are very sensitive toward the word "n*gga" being used and I don't blame certain people if they're bothered by it. All I can say is, I, on the regular, talk to black people and I get called "n*gga" by them. On the regular I'm called, "my n*gga," "wassup n*gga," "what the deal n*gga," ya know. I've been called that since I was 12 years old. It got to the point where it's said so much that now "n*gga" don't even mean black no more. "N*gga" only means black and it's bad when it's being used as a hate term by somebody who's white. But when you deal with the hip-hop industry with kids giving each other love with Spanish, white and black kids, the word "n*gga" is slang. I don't give a f*ck what anybody says. White kids call black kids it and black kids call white kids it. Puerto Ricans constantly say "n*gga," they're not black! But it's considered normal. It comes down to where back in the day; it would mean something to now where it's slang. It's almost like "my man." If anything, it kind of shows that black people are a great people, and I'm not saying that to jock them. I think white people are great too. I'm Jewish and I think Jews are great. What I'm saying is that it shows that black people are definitely ill because they've been able to have a word that was once used against them to now be a word that the children of the people that enslaved them use and call themselves now. It's ironic. But everything comes down to how you grew up, who you were with and your views.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

doesnotexist
    It kinda just sounds like he's looking for an excuse to use the word. Trying to justify and find a reason to be allowed to use it. Its kinda gay. Makes it sound like u cant rap without using that word. Im not white and I dont use it. Spanish guys like Bounce and Mike Hosea dont use it.

But I do agree with one thing. It does have alot to do with whee u from. Puerto Ricans like Big Pun and Fat Joe have been side by side with blacks in places like the Bronx for so long and thats why the word is used by all of them. But Necro aint from the Bronx....and neither is most white kids. So no I dont think they should be saying it at all.

Never on schedule
    Battle Record
    1-1
    I see where you are coming from vanja, I am whit and i almost NEVER say 'nigga' but i mean I come from the LA area, and its used Sooooooo often by everyone its like not seen as offensive, but i completley understand how it could be to some people, I would say refrain from using it as much as possible, but sompeople think the word "bitch" is an offensive term while most everybody says "me and my bitch" "fine bitches" you know what im saying? i dunno its part of the culture now, if people are ofended by it, the "black" hip hop community really needs to refrian from it also...

drops 2 pennies
    But always on time.

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanja
    It kinda just sounds like he's looking for an excuse to use the word. Trying to justify and find a reason to be allowed to use it.
    So you are saying here that Necro's reasoning for using the n word isn't a valid one, even though he grew up with black people calling him that, and it was a part of his culture growing up in New York...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanja
    But I do agree with one thing. It does have alot to do with whee u from. Puerto Ricans like Big Pun and Fat Joe have been side by side with blacks in places like the Bronx for so long and thats why the word is used by all of them.
    And then here you say that its aight for Puerto Ricans, who aren't black, to say the n word because they grew up with blacks in the Bronx also...

You pretty much contradicted your whole reasoning...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

doesnotexist
    I also agree with that Avenge. If people want kids to stop using that word they should stop dropping it in songs every 5 seconds and making them wonna say it more. I mean it be best if everyone just stopped using it. But thats not to say its the rappers fault, people make their own choices in what they choose to say or do.

doesnotexist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazwon
    So you are saying here that Necro's reasoning for using the n word isn't a valid one, even though he grew up with black people calling him that, and it was a part of his culture growing up in New York...

And then here you say that its aight for Puerto Ricans, who aren't black, to say the n word because they grew up with blacks in the Bronx also...

You pretty much contradicted your whole reasoning...

You missunderstood. Puerto Ricans and blacks in places like the bronx are pretty much inseperable and there is no great divide there. Whites and Blacks is like 2 different worlds. It migh sound dumb but its true. Whites coulda lived there for just as long as them....but there still would be race riots and hatred. Also Puerto Ricans arent the ones who made slaves from blak people. You have to remember that and understand why its so bad when a white person says it. But if u read my last post I said it be best if everyone just got rid of it and we wouldnt be having this convo righ now.

Death To The Infidels The Last Matic's Avatar
    What a steaming pile of shit....

This is a non-entity for me anyway. I would never give a white person a plateau to speak upon when it comes to the issues and effects of racism.

It's like talking to a fish about dry land...or talking to a fish, period.
    Last edited by The Last Matic; September 29th, 2004 at 08:02 AM
    'They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.'

George W Bush Aug 5th 2004

You've Earned a Custom Title! E.L. Webb's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Para[D]ox
    http://www.sohh.com/article_print.php?content_ID=2023

It got to the point where it's said so much that now "n*gga" don't even mean black no more. "N*gga" only means black and it's bad when it's being used as a hate term by somebody who's white...

I can't get mad at this dude for sayin' the N word. I'm black and I don't like it when other black dudes say it. The word "Nigga", to me, is and has always been a derogatory word for bringing us down.

Battle Record
    16-3
    Most latinos have african blood in them, and were subject to similar treatment by whites. White people used to call slaves that, so yeah I can see why it would be offensive to a black person nowadays. I'm not really white, but I don't say it and I don't think any white dude should say it. But fuck it, if black people aren't offended by Necro saying it, I'm not one to speak on it.

Puerto Ricans and blacks in places like the bronx are pretty much inseperable and there is no great divide there
    So whites and blacks in BK can't be inseperable. I'm not from New York but that just seems silly. I mean where i'm from my whole "crew" is black except for me (puerto rican) and my boy tom (argues he's spaniard but thats still European). Tom's been inseperable from us. shit he lives with my black friends and they call him Nigga all the time. They say nah Tom aint white he's black. he's been hit with it as much as me so he finds it acceptable to use it. Not just in the closed circle of friends either he'll say it like anywhere. Is he wrong for that. personally i dont use it but i can't lie i've slipped up and been like "This Nigga is trippin'!" So it comes natural to tom so cats dont really get mad at him for it. I dont really know the point to this post but...

doesnotexist
    lol u people are dissecting my words.

I never said u cant be freinds. wtf?

I ment for the general population and how they treat eachother. Strangers, not friends like your crew.

Puerto ricans and blacks and asians and arabs used to have rallies and shit about racism.......against the white people no more then 30 years ago in places like The Bronx. If u dont belive look back at the history. They are all bonded together as minorities so that bond is there that could never be with the avarege white dude from irish or english or french or whatever the fuck background living in brooklyn or bronx etc.

That kid up there said it best. Talking to caucasian north americans about racism and how it feels is like talking to fish about dry land. Even Wogzta, he's only Bosnian. And there isnt even THAT MANY differences to set him apart but I bet u anything he's been discreminated against cuz of his nationality or religion as a Bosnian. So even the less visible minorites have felt the shit. But the avarege anglo white american really dont know shit about racism and can pretend all day but he never will.
    Last edited by doesnotexist; September 29th, 2004 at 12:32 PM

doesnotexist
    Quote Originally Posted by wogzta
    Most latinos have african blood in them, and were subject to similar treatment by whites. White people used to call slaves that, so yeah I can see why it would be offensive to a black person nowadays. I'm not really white, but I don't say it and I don't think any white dude should say it. But fuck it, if black people aren't offended by Necro saying it, I'm not one to speak on it.

You know whats funny is that most people dont even know that the 2nd biggest source for slaves and slave labour next to Africans were Slavs lol The Western Europeans shipped Africans and Slavs as the same thing.

The whole name for the slavic race comes from the word slave. Slave = Slav

lol I studied world war 2 shit and in MEin Kaumf Hitlers plan after the extermination of Jews Gypsies and Slavs, he'd keep a small population of Slavs as a slave class to serve them lol.

Hooded_Mc
    I ain't bein funny,but look black people aren't slaves any more,and yea we cnt turn back time and sort that out now it's been and gone,and although it was bad,it's done with and there isn't black people still bein used (as far as i know) bein used as slaves any more,so Vanja (not dissin u here) but jst let the shit drop,you cnt do nothin bout it.

I am white and i would never use the N word,even though my mate (who is black) calls me it sometimes and says i can call him it,i can't do it coz from my point of view it's not for any single white person to b sayin,offence or any other wise.

if this post seems as though i'm bein racist i'm not,i'm not racist in any way,and my post may seem like that too some but it's not.

on3

Death To The Infidels The Last Matic's Avatar
    ^Slavery isnt the be all and end all of what Africans went through. That's just the tip of the iceberg which Africans face in the diaspora.

This thread should be locked...since nothing productive can come out of it.
    Last edited by The Last Matic; September 29th, 2004 at 03:38 PM
    'They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.'

George W Bush Aug 5th 2004

Battle Record
    7-1
    Vanja knows what hes saying

point blank he said pratically everything i wanted to...

Except with a lil less "Fuck You's"...