User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Dont Call Me A Nigga

Battle Record
    8-6
    ^Thanks for the good feedback, really appreciate all the props, elevation is key, 1luv.
    Laying face down in the mainstream.
    Po.Ethics.

Battle Record
    1-12
    Franklin...i say your name because im being real

When i read this before, I did not fully comprehend the deepness and complexity...I read it topically...I just checked out the rhyme and enjoyed reading it aloud to hear the flow..but today..i really read it...i really thought about it..read it slow, and read it again...I never even noticied the line about your mother...i mean i noticied, but i didn't really think about it...i have something to talk to you about after reading that...I never really thought about your message...this is my favorite poem of all time...this is the best poem i think i've read on this site ever...Evenything else i have to say and talk to you about i'd rather do in private...don't want to spread your business all over the net...and i won't call you my nigga..you're the brother i never had...

just brilliance...

im upgrading my rating to a 10/10...
    Last edited by Sublime D; November 7th, 2004 at 10:13 PM
    Bittersweet

Speech is my Hammer Hail the Vibe's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-14
    This peice was phenomenal. I'm just speechless. If you don't mind, I could try and spit this to a beat. But if not, it's cool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    8-6
    ^Its all good, i ghostwrite for Bruce Lee, and Sub thanks homie, holla at me, 1luv.
    Po.Ethics.

EpistemologyRaps

i normally give a breakdown of corrections, but there was so much slang being used that there really was no point. i, as a poet, have travled many different places and met many different people that are involved in poetry. therefore, i've experienced many different styles of poets. i've heard people that are very sophisticated in their writing and like to use a very advanced diction. (i know i'm ranting about something off topic, but it is relative to this don't worry.) in reality all the words come down to slang, and i believe that this was a very complex poem about an important topic as a culture. this is a great example of how you do not need an elevated diction to create a wonderful work of art. you did this with your mind and your exprience. i didn't feel emotion in any way, and i don't mean that in a bad way. i just felt like it was more of a poem to reveal instead of relieve. so this was a nice ass fucking dope drop, and i will be bringing this to my professor to see what he thinks of it. really good drop.

Battle Record
    8-6
    ^Thanks a mil i appreciate the props, 1luv.
    Po.Ethics.

Battle Record
    1-12
    Get Me Your Verse
    Bittersweet

Battle Record
    8-6
    ^lol i hate your guts, elevation is key, well not really anymore i guess...1luv.
    Po.Ethics.

Smile

This is my first post, and the first poem i've read on here. If poems are normally this good........then dayummmmmmmmm
    this is a tight site. I was feeling your shit from beggining to end.
    for a pretty lenghty poem it kept my attention.....i even read it again

keep doin tha dayum thang

Just some old ass account Devastator™'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    20-2
    Wow I know I'm late and all but I just read this and ..Wow. So much emotion and depth in this. I was hung on it from beginning to end, probably like a classic on here. This is really what I look for in a good poem.... and no I'm not just saying that.

1 uv

Battle Record
    8-6
    ^Thanks man, it means a mil to me, every response has been real and im just glad to get the love, b e z, 1luv.
    Po.Ethics.

Battle Record
    1-12
    these peopel should all read your love poem...i think ill up that lol
    Bittersweet

Battle Record
    22-7
    This was great... i mean im kinda speechless, i was really feeling it, i know im mad late but it never to late to give a compliment. Great job, and ill be lookin foward to readin some of ur other pieces.
    <---------- Is now a fan.
    Artificial Intelligence

Wow im late on this piece but i am BLOWN AWAY, as a black man this piece was really powerful to me, i talked to a couple of people about this piece and they all claimed it to be legend status, i have to agree. It soo perfectly captures the feeling surrounding the word Nigga and i really have to applaud you for putting into text such an incredible display....great job man
    -Fiasco
    Po'Ethics.

Yes it was long but u kept me into wanting to read more.It was great overall very good wordplay all through it.I liked the creativity of the lines that u used.Keep up the work. ~peace~
    ERASED