User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: UK Heads: So Solid Crew & Hip Hop

Death To The Infidels The Last Matic's Avatar

UK Heads: So Solid Crew & Hip Hop

Ok, most of you know So Solid, so i dont need to go into who they are. Word is that they are moving onto Hip Hop, from Garage. I just wanted to know - how do you feel about this?

Look at it this way, they fucked up Garage to a point that it will never be embraced mainstream making it fall back into the underground, and now they are moving onto Hip Hop, suppose they fuck this up? It would be cheating everyone who does have a positive message out.

Your thoughts...
    'They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.'

George W Bush Aug 5th 2004

I'm Not Aines, Morons... Aines.ly Harriot's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-2
    There too small a group to fuck up UK Hip Hop, and besides... Dizzy Rascal is making a good enough job of it himself...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Southend United. Championship.

R.I.P Kiyan Prince, Kill The Killers

The Foremost Authority on Real Football on RB. Fact.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    I think its just really funny to be honest. So Solid Crew doing Hip Hop? WTF? I dont really mind so long as they come dope, but that is highly unlikely and will just give the UK a bad name.

I always disliked So Solid Crew for many reasons. The music was really not that great. The lyrics were simple and for a garage group they sure said "nigga this" and "nigga that" a whole lot. Then there was like a fucking outbreak of 'So Solid Fever' and crews of 14 year old yobs started naming themselves like.. 'So Seaton Crew' etc. I see what will happen already..

The masses of idiotic mainstream British youth will buy this shyt thinking it's real hip hop because they really don't know shyt about anything. (Goldie Lookin' Chain is at number 3 on our charts...) It will be 'street' to like So Solid again. Some people might think I'm judging before I hear it but trust, they really aint got that many skills to make hip hop. Nothin' makes them special. They also don't have any variety in song subjects. Uh.

Whitey Cracker Snowman Haywood Jewblomi's Avatar
    Battle Record
    9-6
    I hate so solid crew. Show's a lot about the credibility of a group of people when they ditch their own musical genre just because it isn't making money any more. I'm not sure how they could remain credible through it, but it seems they have somewhat. Not sure how their album did though. Seems they only realised one song from it, and that didn't do very well. Hopefully they'll just fade out without any fuss.
    I'm surprised they didn't delete me ages ago...
    ...........Eat Shit and Die!
    ..................../
    ............:vanja:

I hope they switch...

Because then when they fuck it up they'll realise that they havnt made it in either genre, then they might come to their senses and just quit all together
    I Am The King, Pen As My Queen, Pages As My Pawns

Free, As A Bird
    ..I hate the way UK people, in this thread, are oppinionating on how So Solid Crew will fuck up our Hip Hop scene while they listen to US Rap

But, All i have to say is - Grow the fuck up.!

..Theres Hip Hop, Then Theres Hip Hop

Our Hip Hop ( i.e, Mine ), Is ' Underground ', Intellectual, Pollitiacly Motivated and Creative..

..The Other Hip Hop ( i.e, 80% Of US Rap & The Likes of So Solid ), is Currency Motivated or Egotistic about their Currency Status
    ArcBiggEZ

Heavyweight Penis Crew

||RythmicTendicies|| 'PercepTion''s Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-13
    most Uk hip-hop to me is blah, i don't listen to it...& i'm not listening to SSC...Garage music jus doesn't appeal to me.
    Open Mic's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------------------------

Im still thinking of ways of how to over balance the underground over the commericial fags. Dragunov sniper rifle and C4? Anyone wanna join my band...?

You've Earned a Custom Title! adonai's Avatar
    Here's what i think:

So solid's first album only sold well because it had fairly good beats on it. The lyrics were terrible IMO. stuff like

'red is my best colour, i'm a satan worshipper'

but when we got people like dizzee rascal being probably the most popular UK rapper (if you can call him a rapper) Then Uk's mainstream hip hop can't really be more fucked up than what it already is.

In fact, the only reason why a lot of hip hop sells, is because a certain track has a good beat. So solid crew's early stuff only sold because of the beat, so does 50 cent's music, so does a lot of wack rappers.

So Solid have been releasing albums since 2001, but they didnt sell well at all. I dont see so solid suddenly becoming successful purely because they (claim to have) changed to hip hop

so i dont thin So Solid are gonna be successful this time round.

Kariss Soldier
    Fuck Garage..Period.

Swiss is nice tho

Still in the grave Johnny 6-feet's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-1
    this is a crew of emcees who are completely without any lyrical talent at all. nice beats and nothing else dont make for a long career. the only people who'll buy their new album are kids how dont know any better, it doesnt change the fact that the real hip-hop heads will still buy the real hip-hop.

SS League Record 31-8
    SS HW Champ
    14 x OM HoF

Battle Record
    14-3
    I got 21 seconds to gooo.

~*~*~DR - BEST FRIENDS CREW 4 LIFE~*~*~