User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: KRS-One- Keep Right

KRS-One- Keep Right

After getting much positive feedback from my review of Rip The Jacker I have decided to make another one for KRS-One's Keep Right. And also because the other reviews for it havent really been that great.

1. Club Shoutouts- This is just the intro. The beat starts off with some scratching and has lots of scratching throughout it. It also has some nice drums and a bass guitar in the background. Basically KRS-One is giving shoutouts to all of the club's he's been to.

2. Are You Ready For This- This song has a pretty nice beat with trumpets and claps in the backround. It also has a pretty nice chorus. KRS-One brags a little bit, talks down on the Pop Rappers, and also drops some knowledge on this track. "I dont know about pimpin/Selling women like retail/Or turning coke into crack for resale/But I do know if we fail, by 2020 our children bout a million gonna be jail" 9/10

3. Illegal Business Remix 2004- This beat sounds like a banger and has a faster pace. This is the song KRS has a video for. KRS drops more knowledge with some nice socially charged lyrics. 8.5/10

4. The Prayer of Afrika Bambaataa- This is just a skit with Afrika Bambaataa where he gives peace to God and Earth and anything else living throughout the Universe.

5. You Gon Go?- KRS gets more aggressive on this track. It's sort of a bragging track and it has a nice beat and hook. The beat switches up at the end with lots of scratching and leads to the next song. 9.5/10

6. Phucked- This is a dope song with a nice hard sounding beat with trumpets. KRS talks about people who he gave advice to that didn't listen
    to him so now they're fucked. 9/10

7. A Call To Order- Another skit spoken by Afrika Bambaataa where he asks where are the things that the Hiphop community needs.

8. Everyday Rise feat. L Da Headtoucha- This is a dope song with lots of scratching and some samples in the hook. Both KRS and L rip this track. 9.5/10

9. Stop Skeemin'- This is a pretty dope storytrack where KRS-One talks to a friend who got arrested for killing he's girlfriend. The hook is sung on this song. 9/10

10. And then Again- This song has a hard beat. It starts off with Minister Server talking. KRS-One then immediately attacks the track with a more aggressive flow. The only problem is that the song is way too short. It would be rated higher if it wasnt so short. 8/10

11. My Mind is Racing- This song has a sort of eerie beat. KRS talks a little bit about himself and also talks about people in Hiphop getting killed. 8.5/10

12. Here We Go- This is just a track with lots of scratching in it. The end of it leads into the next track.

13. Me Man- This is a pretty nice hard beat with some nice drums and a kinda eerie violin. He talks a bit about himself on this track. Once again its a short track and would be rated higher if it was longer. 8/10

14. Feel This feat. Nyce- Another hard beat. The hook on this song is pretty dope. Both KRS-One and Nyce have some nice verses. 9/10

15. Dream- Another interlude skit. Minister Server talks about questions you should ask yourself.

16. I Been There- This is a dope track. It has a nice hook and beat and KRS-One rips it dropping more knowledge about how other Rappers are just being eaten by corporations and aswell as some other knowledge concerning Rap and Hiphop. 9.5/10

17. Freestyle Ministry (Server Verbals)- This song starts off with a sample of some guy talking about music flourishing and some samples of other Rappers. It has a pretty nice beat. Minster Server drops some nice verses with KRS concerning The Temple of Hiphop and how people should get off their ass and do something. 9/10

18. The I- KRS-One drops some lyrics about The Temple of Hiphop and also talks a bit about what he stands for. It immediately goes into the next track which is another interlude. 8.5/10

19. Bucshot Shoutout- Once again another interlude which leads into a skit.

20. Rap History- Afrika Bambaataa talks about the history of Rap. The beat sounds pretty dope.

21. Let 'em Have It- This beat has some pretty nice drums and trumpets in it. KRS-One rips it once again dropping some knowledge and talking down on the Pop Rappers. 9/10

22. Still Spittin' feat. Akbar, L da Headtoucha, Illin' P, Supastition, an Ion- This is my favorite song on the album. The beat is extremely dope and everyone rips it with ill verses. This song doesnt have a hook, Everyone just starts spitting their verses after being asked if they live Hiphop. 10/10

23. The Cutclusion- Just the outro. The beat sounds dope and has lots of scratching and samples in it.

Overall Rating: 9/10

Comments- There's only two big problems with this album. Some of the shorter tracks bring the album down a bit. And also the various skits and interludes they have kinda screw up the album's replay value, though none of them are long. Overall Keep Right is still a dope album and KRS-One proves that even on his 13th album he can still spit.
    Last edited by Raptor Jesus; August 10th, 2004 at 08:31 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title! J.K.O's Avatar
    Battle Record
    18-8
    nice review im still thinkin if i want to buy it or not probably will the next time i go to Media Play

doesnotexist
    I love Krs-One, always have, but I dont think this deserved 9/10....more like 7

!~MaC~!
    dope review i was thinking on getting it

Battle Record
    16-3
    Already got this... very very dope

KRS-One is possibly the most consistent emcee of all time

doesnotexist
    I think LL owns that title even more so....since 1986

No LL doesnt because his recent CD's have sucked. KRS-One has dropped way more classics than him. Thats why Wogtza said consistant.

flump
    LL hasn't been dope since bigger and deffer.

and i love krs one but he isnt the same as he used to be....he is stuck in 1993....as much as i hate to say it this album was boring. when i was young krs made me feel like i was listening to something great. its not like that anymore

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    2-1
    lol ^^ LL owns that title stop hating, on people. Even if you dont personally like him He still own it.

This was a good review KRS-One keep doin da damn thang.
    Cuttz The Best Pound For Pound
    --CURRENT BATTLES--
    None

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

better than legendary Neruda II's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-2
    *sigh*

The album was good but I definetely don't think it deserves a 9/10.

This was the first KRS-One album I actually bought. I was a bit disapointed but it was dope because it came with a somewhat worthwhile DVD. My favorite track was illegal business.
    murder murder

leaveitto_beaver
    yea this was tight but krs has been stuck in a phase and alotta tight rapperz get stuck all the time jus didnt really appeal to me.

Flowetic
    Pretty decent in my opinion.....

Battle Record
    7-6
    this cd is amazing and krs is one of the few people who can change my mind through music. he came with so much knowledge and expierience in this he blew me away. good review and i would probably give this an 8/10 very nice cd though.
    Follow at

Music --->>>>

Banned
    Battle Record
    9-13
    anyone want it i got the whole album IM me on AIM...dope album...well ALL krs is dope

duurty_luks
    i havnt really listened to much of krs1 but iv heard enuff to know he is sikk.ill buy it.