User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Hip-Hop and Video Games

Post Hip-Hop and Video Games

How do you feel about hip-hop being used as an attraction for video games? This can include rappers doing songs for a game (the True Crime soundrack was ALL rap), promoting a game by being in commercials, or just starring in a game (Def jam vendetta).This is indroducing rap to a whole new audience.
    Also rap is being used to sell other products like burger king, coca cola, and numerous other things.

Do you think it is a positive or negative?

Def Jam Vendetta was poorly programmed, it relied entirely on the cover for sales. This is why gaming today is generally shit, because of EA.
    I've Got Jam In My Knee And I'm Ready To Spray All Around The World For The Funk" - George Clinton, Theme From The Black Hole

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Open Mic

||RythmicTendicies|| 'PercepTion''s Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-13
    I don't really care, but you don't often find good rap songs that are featured on video game soundtracks.
    Open Mic's

--------------------------------

def jam vendetta was borin...Def Jam Vendetta: Fight For NY look dope tho...this time its street fights except for that wrestlin bullshit...so it should be dope...

Wu Tang game that came out awhile ago i think for either Super Nintendo or Sega was a classic...gimme eitha Inspectah Deck or Ghostface, and i'll fuck u up...still one of my fav games...

Battle Record
    3-0
    i thinks its positive cos it also promotes rap music to other people who dont take much notice of it

Quote Originally Posted by AK
    i thinks its positive cos it also promotes rap music to other people who dont take much notice of it
    Wrong, if a game is made based on rap and it's a bullshit game (Def Jam Vendetta) then that doesn't leave a good impression does it?
    I've Got Jam In My Knee And I'm Ready To Spray All Around The World For The Funk" - George Clinton, Theme From The Black Hole

Open Mic

You don't know my name...
    Quote Originally Posted by AK
    Give me an example of a video game that has rap music as its soundtrack and does not have an element of violence/crime/sterotyping black people.

It's not that rap is being exposed to others, its the fact that rap as a genre has too much influence on image.
    The Realist? Who?

well, temporis now that i think about it, a lot of street basketball games use hip hop in a positive way. they often have artists like mos def and dilated peoples. also other sports games and racing games like Need For Speed: Underground and the Tony Hawk series mix hip-hop with rock, so they aply to both audiences. so i say it's a positive for rap in games. can't all music just get along?

Doesnt Nimrod have a song in that game NBA ballers?

The Wu game is on the PS1

Battle Record
    8-6
    about 15 years ago i would have said excellent, i feel ecstatic about it and nits the greatest thing this side of sugar hill...but today i think its the worst thing this side of Mo Money Mo Problems...
    Laying face down in the mainstream.
    Po.Ethics.

3-6Neilson
    the whole idea and concept is alright but i dont think there is much effort put into the game itself. I wouldnt buy the game, its just like mortal kombat with rappers but without all the attacks. I didnt see anything about it that really interests me.

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9
    positive cuz sum songs included in videogame sountracks are hot like live,madden, and ballers,even tho some songs suck from games like the brat joint and chingy nba live remix of right thurr
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

3-6Neilson
    If you wanna talk about soundtracks, i liked on my xbox how i downloaded some three six mafia cds and then played GTA vice city and GTA3 and could ride around pullin drive bys listening to the music i downloaded, it was official.

Battle Record
    1-1
    Give me an example of a video game that has rap music as its soundtrack and does not have an element of violence/crime/sterotyping black people.
    Tony Hawks...Well unless you call breaking your neck after falling from a 12" roof, violence.

Any game that has House Of Pain on its soundtrack is godly