User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4
Showing results 46 to 60 of 60

Thread: All Beat Makers Read!

Battle Record
    5-3
    if you have ever had someone come to you looking for beats that you have created..., then you are a producer in my eyes...
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    37-1
    /\Another good answer.

By syntax's own admission I am a producer!

By my own, I should die.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    I've had 2 offers to produce albums...

But they broke...
    And I don't do this for free unless you someone like Jay-Z or Nas...

yay...

ima producer...

n would i be a super producer if someone asks me for VST's???

*points at emerge*

ThaIntangible21
    But back to your main point.. that's why i think we need an Extreme Elevation for Audio... it would help tonnes of people to get better sounding audio quality and perform better.. but no one seems to care about my suggestion

well, only way we could ALL elevate is by giving feedback and saying constructive beats. i agree some people dont care, cuz they're already known for me good, but sometimes i look at posts and 20 people view it but dont say a word. wats the point of posting if they're not gonna get feedback. i think we should somehow break it down into a few categories and go from there.

but newayz, like emerge said, i dont consider myself a producer. i produce but its not where i'm on mixtapes, selling beats, making albums etc. i think u need to reach a certain point, where ur not only known online and u actually kno people, and have worked with other people on a serious level.

m0derator
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus Rex
    And I don't do this for free unless you someone like Jay-Z or Nas...
    ^this is an example of someone who i would not consider a real producer. make a free beat for jay-z or nas. that shows that he knows pretty much nothing about the business/industry. remember kids just cuz you play baskeball at the park doesnt classify you as a BASKETBALL PLAYER. just cuz u make a few beats doesnt classify you as a REAL PRODUCER. if we look in technical terms, anyone who has ever opened fruity loops and clicked the buttons can be considered a producer.

@the guy selling beat cds downtown... that is the stupidest shit ive heard in a while. can we get a few more knowledgeable people on this site.

Battle Record
    17-14
    yeah id consider myself a prducer if someone used my beats or ask me for them

Battle Record
    37-1
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Heir
    ^this is an example of someone who i would not consider a real producer. make a free beat for jay-z or nas. that shows that he knows pretty much nothing about the business/industry. remember kids just cuz you play baskeball at the park doesnt classify you as a BASKETBALL PLAYER. just cuz u make a few beats doesnt classify you as a REAL PRODUCER. if we look in technical terms, anyone who has ever opened fruity loops and clicked the buttons can be considered a producer.

@the guy selling beat cds downtown... that is the stupidest shit ive heard in a while. can we get a few more knowledgeable people on this site.
    Palabra Vida.

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

You've Earned a Custom Title! XeNtR!K's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-2

--------> always down to battle

hate to further freepost this thread but..

wogsta was always gay

that is all
    <center>

iJL

why give a fuck man.. give a fuck less
    why run a muck man.. give em ruckus
    ses got me stressed man livin reckless
    mess with the best man come n test this

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    2-1

me? nah.

i usually dont label my self a music producer, im only 16, broke ass white kid..
    people hear the word produce, an think i make my own movies or someshit (really lol)

but if some one asks what i do (if its one of them brittany spears type white kids) uh...you know what the Neptunes do? or Kanye West? i sorta do that..

(if its a normal person lol)
    i make beats an shit.

but producer..i dont always say that, cuz producing a song is much diffrent
    i mean, in a way, im more a song writer. cuz im writing the music itself..right?

producing the song/cd/whatever doesent mean you actually make the beat so much as you make the song sound good.
    why do u think u always see the producer in the studio? him an the exec. producer from the label are barking at you to 'say it like this' ...'double that one up' ...'whisper it ..like that'

an they make the hook sound good...or what ever the offical terms are..
    they make sure its quality shit
    the beat maker,...makes the beat. thats it.
    so im a producer slightly. but im a beat maker in my own mind.

but! back to the point. i think anyone who makes a beat, makes a sound. does what ever has the right to call them selves a producer..
    cuz thier 'producing' a sound. with instruments, wether it be a casio or a fruity loops program.

who says u gotta be industry to give ur self a title?
    an to dude sellin cds of his own beats..
    if ur serious
    dont do that no more. (bad english, i know)
    cuz as far as u know, that 10-20 bucks u jus got for a cd full of beats
    could make some 2-300 bucks PER SONG..

find a local label an try to sell em for around that^ if they/you think ur good enuff..

(yea i know, i talk alot when im bored!!)

You've Earned a Custom Title! Dskillz4Ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge
    Cut all the bullshit and net personna.

When (if you have already) consider yourself a producer OUTSIDE of the net? I mean like here, as a community, we call each other rappers and producers and all that jazz. But, In everday life I very much doubt all of you go around telling people that. Maybe it's just me, but I really don't. If people find out, and they ask, then yes I tell them I make beats.

What I am really trying to say, is what do you believe is that plateu that you must reach before being considered a "rapper" "producer" "engineer"?

The topic doesnt come up until someone is like

"hey, what do you do when you are not at work"

- I make beats

"Really, what kind"

- All kinds

"Oh ok"

Seems like most common people dont care, hah, like they dont understand what it is to be a beat maker. I guess the dont see the talent invovled.

One day i played a cd on a CRAPPY radio at work..and no one reacted or knew it was me..they were just like..."who is this" -me "oh..ok"

People younger then me, or my age, into hip hop...are like

"WOW you make beats ? Do you know how to use Fruity loops ? My uncle uses fruity loops and..."

or

"Yo we should come over your crib and lay down some fire"

-(ant...wrong answer)

or

"Do you know 9th wonder..."

WTF...everyone in Raleigh thinks he is the Celebrity over night...but they fail to realize cats like Khrysis and such are alot better then him.

And not to toot my own horn, but im getting there as well.

my 0.02$

I consider myself a producer when you got 3 different people from different or the same group fightin ova one of my beats. And then they all decide to spit on it and whomever has the best verse ( my decision) gets the beat. Yall should try it sometime.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3
    i think you are considered a "producer" when you become fully knowledgeable in the whole recording area: you got skills wit recording programs, you know the answer to every question that some has to ask you about the song that theyre making (if the vocals need something, if the snare is too loud, if the back ups not emotional enough), you know all the information about beat making and what not, you and omniscient dude wit music...and not just rap. alot of us consider ourselves to be able to do that, but i mean on the level that people get PAID to do it, like shit sounds perfect...thats what i consider a producer...
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3
    and i feel what dskillz just said..i mean its for real...cats dont care about what you do if you aint famous...they dont give a shit...the only people that would be like "oh shit your a rapper/producer" would be my family or friends or other rappers and producers...ive got that same reaction man...people just like "thats cool" and go about their business...and it sucks cuzyou hype to show em that shit and they just like fuck it...
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    2-1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Time
    ...dont give a shit...the only people that would be like "oh shit your a rapper/producer" would be my family or friends or other rappers and producers...ive got that same reaction man...people just like "thats cool" and go about their business...and it sucks cuzyou hype to show em that shit and they just like fuck it...
    YEEAAAAHHHHHH like ill show this one broad a track, after she asks what i do for a livin..an shes like...oh...aritey...an bounces along the yellow brick road..

the fuck is that, an you get SOOOOOOOOO hyped up to let them hear, u wanna see what they think, an they couldnt care less...bitches..

i sampled the rocky song, an my fathers like
    if sylvester stalone heard what u did to that song, he would beat your ass..

(he hates rap) lol
    <center><hr>

yayer.