User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: eminem, canibus beef

Tha Burnin Sensation 2hot2handle's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-17

eminem, canibus beef

While there is speculation on who said who's name first as a diss, Eminem spoke on how the beef with Canibus started over the weekend on Tim Westwood's hip-hop show out of London England. Em stated how he was approached by Wyclef and Canibus in 1998 (before Em blew up) and asked if he ghost-wrote the lyrics to LL Cool J's "The Ripper Strikes Back" which was a diss to Canibus. After Eminem denied writing the song, he explains that Canibus was rude to him.

"I met him four years ago at his video shoot, and honestly, he was an a$$ho!e," Em explained. "They thought that I did the LL diss record. Clef had asked me did I write it and I told him no, I didn't write it. Then Canibus asked me separately from Clef, and I was like 'Dog, I'm a grown man, I'd tell you if I wrote it, I didn't write.' Then he was like 'Yo B, I'm not gonna say that I believe you, but I don't trust nobody in this game, blah, blah, blah.' Then I'm like 'Okay, look, I didn't write it, I like your style, and hopefully one day we can do a record together.' And he was like, 'Yo B, get to know me first, come hang out with me first,' and walked away and left me standing there like an a$$ho!e."

Em continued saying that the next year, after the Slim Shady LP dropped, Canibus came to see him on the Warped Tour an apologized for his actions last time they met. Canibus brought Em a track for a collab, which he wasn't feeling and turned it down. The track in question turned out to be "Phuck U" from the 2000 B.C. which Em said sounded like it was directed toward him and LL, but really couldn't tell. Then Em saw the ads for the Canibus album, C True Hollywood Stories, where he was pictured holding a Canibus sticker. Em explained that he didn't know what Canibus was trying to do, but sent off a warning shot on "Squaredance" to see where Canibus stood.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

- Martin Luther King Jr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View this from last year^

Soft Focus
    Battle Record
    23-10
    This is hella old....

Battle Record
    21-6
    I Still Think Eminem Is Way Better
    [/url]

the_stank
    ^Then your partly deaf... or fully deaf one of the two

Battle Record
    16-3
    ^ Eminem IS better all round... Eminem was a better battler than Canibus was back in the day, and is more versatile... not to mention better flow and delivery

Canibus is only better lyrically, but he can't stay on topic in most songs (except Rip The Jacker, which was dope).

the_stank
    ^Rip The Jacker is Dope as fuck... Poet Laureate II and Genabis are 2 dope tracks, but even in that album on some tracks he floats off topic...
    "Allow me to speak figuratively, nigga please
    my intellectual properties are about the size of Greece
    Your counselor advised you not to speak
    my counselor advised me to keep rhymin until they stopped the beat" Thats in poet Laureate II which, if im correct, is meant to be out about himself becoming a rapper.

Personally i think Proof is a better battler and freestyler than Eminem. I admit Canibus's delivery falls off key a lot, but in my opinion i'd rather be able to write like Cani than deliver like Em...

Battle Record
    16-3
    ^ I wouldn't.... I would love to be able to spit like Eminem in his better days in terms of delivery (Marshall Mathes LP & Eminem Show).. Canibus voice is kinda annoying

His lyrics are dope, but sometimes he just isn't saying anything... it gets annoying when a dope song turns into shit

Lyrically Eminem was better than Proof.. just listen to any of Eminem's freestyles, battles or tracks from Infinite... But Proof has a sick delivery

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    I hate Canibus' voice...

And he also always just raps about nerd shit like space and microbiology...

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    So that's who he was talking about on "Square Dance".

You've Earned a Custom Title! Hybrid's Avatar
    Battle Record
    5-2
    canibus's voice kinda reminds me of a frend of mine at skool has that same grunge tone errr, errr

You've Earned a Custom Title! Inferi Dii's Avatar
    Battle Record
    5-9
    Canibus is far better then Em clearly better
    Although Pure In Heart, The Violence Never Ends.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Inferi Dii's Avatar
    Battle Record
    5-9
    I mean seriouslly have you heard that song Can-I-bitch thas so phuing childish
    Although Pure In Heart, The Violence Never Ends.

kaotic~theory
    Eminem Will Eat Cannibus

Quote Originally Posted by the_stank
    Personally i think Proof is a better battler and freestyler than Eminem.
    Eminem ripped Proof. I remember hearing the freestyle battle between them in my friend's house. It was when Em signed 50, first he battled 50 to see if he's worth gettin' signed, and he raped the fuck outta him. Then he battled Proof, I don't think it was at the same time. But it was recorded on the same track.
    Last edited by Lethal Kahn; June 8th, 2004 at 02:06 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ~KT~
    Eminem Will Eat Cannibus
    On a track? Yes. In a freestyle battle? I don't think so...

...maybe, maybe not.