User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: Biggie, biggie, biggie, dissapointed me...

Battle Record
    7-1

Biggie, biggie, biggie, dissapointed me...

I recently copped all three of Biggie's official cds and I must say, I wasn't impressed, maybe I waited too long but there's only a handful on each cd that appeal to me and overall I liked the last cd the best (maybe it was the guests...). I did find it funny hearing all the rhymes Jay used tho. It's funny how he's more known for some of the lines that Biggie layed out, but that's beside the point, what do ya'll see in this nigga, cuz he lost some points now that I'm hearin most of his material.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    12-1
    Word. I never thought he was great. I thought he had potintial to be great. He's not on my top three list. I never understood people that thought he was the greatest. :-/
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

But above you
    Battle Record
    12-0
    ^^ me too i always though biggie was one of the most overated rappers of all time.. he has a few songs that are good like your nobody till somebody kills you.. but other than that his lyrics were pretty plain to me.. he wasnt saying anythings really though provoking in his songs

and plus jigga overshined him in both songs they were on together

Battle Record
    12-1
    ^Nah, Big got the best of jigga on "Brooklyn's Finest". I still like Jay-Z more though.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

But above you
    Battle Record
    12-0
    you serious? lmao.. jigga ripped him

"yeah its 9-6/ the only niggas with a flue, yeah i rhyme sick, i be what you trying to do "

he ripped big.. also on i love the dough jigga overshined him also

Battle Record
    12-1
    ^You are crazy. Listen to that shit again, homie. Jay did good, but Big clearly was better on that track.

Anyway this is off topic so I'll quit clogging the thread. We have or own oppinions. Lets aggre to disagree
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

-The Original-
    Battle Record
    10-2
    Awards LLL Season Champion
    you both have a good arguement but its too close to call for me
    i like biggie, he's tight. i have always been a bigger jay fan though
    and jay does spit alot of biggie's rhymes but who doesnt use someone
    else's rhymes every now and then...i think he does it now because
    it is a way to pay respect to biggie..just my opinion
    Last edited by Mr W.Rite; April 12th, 2004 at 03:56 PM

Spook619
    I Only Really Liked Biggie With Bonethugz On Notorious Thugz That Song Waz Dope

Battle Record
    7-9
    I like biggie, cuz he was one of the first punchline rappers aside from a few (Rakim Kool G Rap, Slick Rick) and he could make you like a song even if he did it with the simplest style, the person who i find disappoints me when people make him out to be so great is tupac, cuz i find his style to get boring, and he is rapping about how the black community needs to get away from violence, and the next he's talking about busting shots through you window

Spook619
    Quote Originally Posted by FairInHeight
    I like biggie, cuz he was one of the first punchline rappers aside from a few (Rakim Kool G Rap, Slick Rick) and he could make you like a song even if he did it with the simplest style, the person who i find disappoints me when people make him out to be so great is tupac, cuz i find his style to get boring, and he is rapping about how the black community needs to get away from violence, and the next he's talking about busting shots through you window
    Truest Shit Iv Heard In A While...........

Battle Record
    7-1
    that's his emotion showin

I mean Big has the punches, but pac had the better charisma. He wasn't speakin about himself, he was speakin about the youth, he just failed to realize that his lifestyle would have the bigger impact than his positive words. Tupac owns....

And all the rhymes that Jay used from Biggie, he made them sound better. Just listenin to the albums I was like, "Jay put a better spin to this". Maybe I'm a subconscious Biggie-hater, I don't want to be, I like all rappers, but he was jus mediocre IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    12-1
    Fuck out of here, Fair and Spook. Anyone that has lived a real life, knows that sometimes you get mad. Sometimes you do "bad" things even though you are, generally, a good person. I would like to think that I am a good person and I want the best for everyon, but sometimes shit happens and I flip out. People liked Pac cause he displayed this contrast. Noone is happy all the time, and Noone is a hardcore gangster all the time. People wake up on a different sides of the bed everyday, and he is a prime example. I understand his plight cause mine is very similar, as is most people's who are from similar backgrounds and ways of life. He was representative of my generation and where I was from. I could understand the rage and hate for an enemy that did you wrong in songs like "Hit'em Up", and "Against all odds". I could also understand the sorrow of "So Many Tears", and the passion of "Dear Momma". Everyone has different sides. Pac was the greatest, for the simple reason that he could show all sides when noone else would. He made the heartfelt songs that noone else wold, and the hardcore songs that people thought took it too far. He showed hummanity. He was the greatest. Period.

-W1
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    2-0
    i liked pac becasue he cared for his people more than any rapper out there in my opinion, he wasnt afraid to state what was on his mine, what he said a lot of eople could relate to, also how he didnt brag about himself all the time like most rappers today

just my opnion

Battle Record
    28-14
    Awards WOP Champion
    i agree
    ive not really heard much biggie material...(i plan to buy his albums)
    but what i have heard hasnt really amazed me like i though it would
    he's so hyped and then when ulisten u wonder how the fuck..
    vastly over rated...2pac is over rated too but he had some dope material
    You need Ghost Dog in your DVD collection

it's a bold statement - the new youtube

I haven't posted yet...
    Battle Record
    12-4
    Biggie is a useless rapper