User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 75 of 95

Thread: Post Ur Recording Setup

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_fade_out
    Well, I have placed my monitors beside the mackie hr 824's. the only difference in the sound was that the mackies have a bit more bass. I've also had them beside the Event 20/20 bas monitors as well. Which the Event's had a lil more highs and quite a bit more bass. So, I can't complain too much bout the monitors that I currently have. I can't wait to get the Precision 8's though. They're soo nice. Even though I might jus posibly skip the precision 8's and get the dynaudio BM6a. I don't roll round b-more too much. Used to live out there, but not no more. I do the majority of my studio work round the dc area. I tend to usually go to Omega Recording Studios in Rockville. I know the majority of the engineers there along wit the studio owner. I took a listen to your "Dirt off Your Shoulder Remix". You could turn up your vocals jus a bit. I'm throwin a mix tape together. I like the way your style on the song. Could I use it on the mixtape that I'm throwin together. I'll be able to get the mixtape round to ATL, SAV, NYC, DC, Philly, Pitt, and Houston. If you wanna listen to some of the tracks that I'm gettin on it right now jus let me know, and I'll get a link to you.
    word... im not knockin ur gear cus i dont have anything nice lol. i just know if i had the money to have wut u have i wouldve copped those events a while ago lol. they are on my list. im glad u brought up that track. emerge... THAT is wut it sounds like when u mix with headphones. i did that track before i had monitors. you can use it for your mixtape. its already on a local baltimore mixtape. how u want me to give it to you? im sure u dont want the crappy soundclick version. i can touch it up now that i have monitors too. id like to peep some tracks too.

dj_fade_out
    what kinda connection you got? I've got cable so hopefully you could send it to me through one of the instant messengers. I'd like to have it in .wav 44100khz 16bit I'll get you a link to some of the songs on the mixtape.

dj_fade_out
    Here's the link http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=83865&T=9027 I don't have all the songs uploaded yet, but there's a few on there. There are some that have some gaps and spaces in em. So, if anyone feels like fillin em up wit a verse go for it. Jus get it back to me and if it's good I'll throw it on the mixtape. 1
    Last edited by dj_fade_out; December 5th, 2004 at 02:17 PM Reason: Link wasn't working correctly

Battle Record
    37-1
    Quote Originally Posted by ...OpeY...
    and word about headphones. i have a decent set of studio headphones. my cheap little monitors will always give me a closer mix than good headphones. emerge doesnt know what hes talkin about. i can post up some tracks showin the difference even a cheap pair of monitors makes over regular speakers and headphones.

btw... what studios in baltimore do u go to?

The Edirols?

ok fine how about we both mix the same thing you on your cheap monitor garbages and i do with the headphones lol and then we will see who is right..

i mean those edirols coudlnt even compete with regular computer sound systems lmao

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    ok. thats fine. im me and we'll post the tracks up in this forum to show people the difference. and regular computer speakers arent 20Hz - 20KHz. that right there destroys your theory.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    You two can mix one of my songs..! WHOOT
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

dj_fade_out
    Opey I honestly doubt your Edirols have 20Hz to 20Khz. they're probably somewhere around 50hz to 20khz. Av Is it aight if I mix your song as well. Get us a lil mixin competition goin on here.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    word i just checked. theyre 45Hz. i never even checked b4. i just assumed. but what im saying isnt any less true lol. u know ull never get a better mix with headphones. and dont get me started about computer speakers. just check my songs...

(Right Click... Save Target As)

$200 Creative Inspire Computer Speakers

AKG K-66 Studio Headphones

$100 Edirol Micro Monitors

... the proof is in the puddin

dj_fade_out
    I know what you sayin. I jus knew there was no way that your monitors went that low. The only nearfield monitors that I know of that actually do go that low are the Dynaudios

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_fade_out
    Opey I honestly doubt your Edirols have 20Hz to 20Khz. they're probably somewhere around 50hz to 20khz. Av Is it aight if I mix your song as well. Get us a lil mixin competition goin on here.

LMAO yo I'm not gonna lie... this is the first time I came back in here... and I just saw this... When you said it on aim I was ike da hell is he talking about..?! lol...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

B-GeNeRaL
    you dont need to get a full studio set up and spend all that money, i think i have a pretty good setup just for recording my vocals... and yeah, i spent very little money on it, cause i know people that work at guitar center and they hooked me up.

Foamed Walk In Closet
    MXL 2001 Condenser Mic $50
    Pop Filter $ 9
    Isolated Headphones $ 20
    Adobe Audition 1.0 (cool edit pro) free!
    Fruity Loops 4.5 free!
    Yahmaha MG10/2 Mixer/Preamp $89

Audio Buddy Dual Mic Preamp With Direct Box....nady Scm 900 Condenser Microphone.....a Pop Filter....mic Stand....wires....and A Dam Computer...lol..thats It Folks

Battle Record
    17-14
    yeah i got the same amp i like it

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon
    LMAO yo I'm not gonna lie... this is the first time I came back in here... and I just saw this... When you said it on aim I was ike da hell is he talking about..?! lol...
    lol fuck you. i was misinformed.... by a vet producer on this board!! lol i never looked at the frequency response on monitors. i just took his word for it. see what happens when u assume??

btw... i looked up the specs on dynaudio monitors and couldnt find any with a 20hz frequency.

Battle Record
    37-1
    Opey bow down to me know, and trust me I can find you some headphones that have better frequency responce then your whole brain, you just don't know anything about much.

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz