User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 46 to 60 of 95

Thread: Post Ur Recording Setup

The UB802 mixer isn't that bad actually, i get sick quality, but maybe i just got lucky. Maybe it's the mic, Maybe it's the soundcard, or maybe...i just got lucky. Anyway. Can someone help me out, i wanna get some monitors, but i'm pretty broke. I'm lookin for some cheap ones, but good cheaps ones, yamean?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(You should all check this out)

Battle Record
    7-6
    my setup is: a ten dollar desktop mic and i spit through pantyhose wrapped around a roll of duct tape. not quite the ideal setup. but meh im broke. saving up for a shure 58 or a roland mic.
    Follow at

Music --->>>>

dj_fade_out

Mini Studio

Aight this gonna take a min.

2 PC's
    Amd Athlon XP 1.6ghz
    1g sdram
    17" Daewoo CRT Screen
    Egosys wamirack 24
    MOTU Xpress XT

AMD Athlon XP 2.0ghz
    640mb ddr ram
    2 17" ESA CRT Screens
    MBox

E-mu Carnaval
    E-mu Mo-Phatt
    Mackie HUI
    Behringer Truth B2031 monitors
    TC Helicon's VoiceOne
    Korg Kaos Pad
    Behringer MX 2004A
    MPC2000XL
    Korg X3
    Yamaha QY70(For When I'm not at home)
    Stanton STR8-30
    Alesis HD24
    Audix i5
    Audio Technica 3035
    Marshall V69 Tube
    Nady SCM900
    Focusrite Platinum Twintrack Pro

Cubase SX 2
    Protools LE 6
    Wavelab 5
    Waves 5 Diamond Bundle
    Reason 2.5
    30gb of samples and refills

If anyone is round the Hagerstown, MD area hit me up. Maybe we can do some recordin together. 1

dj_fade_out

Digi 002!!??

Quote Originally Posted by ...OpeY...
    1. i just got protools so i know jack shit about it.

2. i got the monitors for free.

3. beringer is absolute garbage and edirol actual makes some good equipment.

4. beringer is absolute garbage and edirol actually uses the same parts in every component.

5. beringer is absolute garbage

6. beringer is absolute garbage

7. beringer is absolute garbage period.

8. why would i get a sound card with a DIGI 002 mixer?
    Why bother with the DIGI 002 mixer for your pro studio setup? Get The SSL AWS900. It'll put you down round 80g, but if you want a pro setup that'll do you right. It's analogue yet you can control protools wit it. Then get yourself a Mac G5 preferably. Get Protools HD or TDM. Then get their 192 series soundcards. Not only will you get the wonderful sound of the ssl you'll get the clearness of protools. Then all you have to do is get a 24 track tape machine so you can dump track to the tape then back to protools. If you wanna know why you should do that, it's cuz everyone loves the sound of analogue. Digital by itself is way too clean. Why not jus get a U87 mic. That mic sounds soo lovely on soo many different things. Aight jus wanted to drop that lil knowledge on you if you really wanna get yourself a prostudio. Oh one last thing LEARN PROTOOLS. Right now it's the industry standard, so you'll put yourself ahead of the rest by learnin that. 1

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    i like the digi cus i love the focusrite amps. i love the sound. i dont know about going analog. that shit is becoming obsolete. most studios have switched to digital. analog tape limits the dynamic range too. if people didnt over compress everything they could get much better sounding tracks using digital equipment. i do want that U87 mic tho.

PS: fucka MAC lol

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    wait a minute... how do u have all that equipment and not one good pair of monitors or one good mic??

dj_fade_out
    I'm gettin the neuman tlm 103 in a lil bit, and I'm workin on gettin the event precision 8's.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    no i was wonderin how u had all that equipment but no good mic or monitors. i dont get how u own that much equipment but failed to use some of that money toward the essentials.

Battle Record
    37-1
    1. i just got protools so i know jack shit about it.
    Ahh man i understand.. it will take a while but when you learn this shit... lol you will find no use for anything else basically...

2. i got the monitors for free.
    So? You could still mix better with 20$ headphones dog.. trust me i know from experience

3. beringer is absolute garbage and edirol actual makes some good equipment.
    Beringer is garbage, I agree. Edirol makes decent midi controllers... that is about it for equipment, but they have some nice software though damn good for it's price... check them out when you get a chance

4. beringer is absolute garbage and edirol actually uses the same parts in every component.
    Word

5. beringer is absolute garbage

6. beringer is absolute garbage

7. beringer is absolute garbage period.
    Word lol.

8. why would i get a sound card with a DIGI 002 mixer?
    I was trippin on some sizzur.. = /

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Battle Record
    37-1
    no i was wonderin how u had all that equipment but no good mic or monitors. i dont get how u own that much equipment but failed to use some of that money toward the essentials.
    Yeah im buggin out on that too lol

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Battle Record
    17-14
    m-audio nova condense
    m-audio buddy preamp(2channel)
    pop filter
    mrd-500 sony studio headphone
    cool edit pro 2

lmao

dj_fade_out
    Monitors are essential to an extent. See this is what I have in my house. Not a pro studio. When I have a client that wants a certain beat or wants a song the I will take the beat which is dumped into protools into a real studio. All that I have is a project studio. Any vocal recording that I do here is strictly for demo's or mixtapes. If the client I am workin wit chooses that they want to take the song we recorded here and wants to put it on their album I will then book the time at a studio and have them come in and do the song using a studio that I can choose what type of mic the artists could be on rather than using a mic that isn't on the quality of the audio recordings that are out commercially right now. Sometimes you can't do everything at home like you'd like to do. The fact that you have decent speakers doesn't mean you're goin to make a good mix off of them. Think bout it is your room acousticly treated?? More than likely your room is in a square or rectangle. Therefore the sounds from your speakers will not only be goin to your ears, but they will also hit the walls, ceiling, floor, and any space that is between you and your monitors. Then the reflections from each of those surfaces will hit your ears. For that fact you are not actually getting a good mix. You're not actually hearing what you think you are. Placing the monitors an equal distance from you and themselves helps out, but you still aren't getting quite as good of a mix that you could in a studio that has been built thinking bout all the reflections that could happen. Mixing through headphones isn't good either. Put a pair of headphones on listen to a track then do like some people jus love to do when mixin through headphones and press them a little bit closer to your ears. You'll notice that there's an increase in bass among other things. Therefore mixin in headphones is completely inacurate. Sit and think bout all that for a while. Hopefully you comprehend it. If not I hope you start to understand it sometime before you put out an lp of your own. 1

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    yes i know why u go to a pro studio lol. ive worked in pro studios and ive produced an LP before. im not some little kid on here lol. i know all about acoustics and sound dampening/shaping. that still doesnt tell me why in the process of you buying thousands of dollars worth of equipment u never dropped a little cash on a good set of monitors. there are also plenty of people who procude industry quality tracks from a project studio. plenty of bands record on the road and take their tracks into a studio later to get the right mix. if u have a good setup u should only have to go to a pro studio to tweak your mix. plus it's doubtful that every studio is going to have the same plugins etc that u have so u would need to get the best mix possible with those plugins before u take it to the studio. ive been thru all this. ive worked with some seasoned engineers and have been taught a lot about whats really important. it always saves time and money to mix tracks at home and bring them into the studio for the finishing touches. the mic i can understand because unless u have a nice booth setup at home, recording vocals is pointless. But to not have a good set of monitors is odd. To each his own i guess.

and word about headphones. i have a decent set of studio headphones. my cheap little monitors will always give me a closer mix than good headphones. emerge doesnt know what hes talkin about. i can post up some tracks showin the difference even a cheap pair of monitors makes over regular speakers and headphones.

btw... what studios in baltimore do u go to?

dj_fade_out
    Well, I have placed my monitors beside the mackie hr 824's. the only difference in the sound was that the mackies have a bit more bass. I've also had them beside the Event 20/20 bas monitors as well. Which the Event's had a lil more highs and quite a bit more bass. So, I can't complain too much bout the monitors that I currently have. I can't wait to get the Precision 8's though. They're soo nice. Even though I might jus posibly skip the precision 8's and get the dynaudio BM6a. I don't roll round b-more too much. Used to live out there, but not no more. I do the majority of my studio work round the dc area. I tend to usually go to Omega Recording Studios in Rockville. I know the majority of the engineers there along wit the studio owner. I took a listen to your "Dirt off Your Shoulder Remix". You could turn up your vocals jus a bit. I'm throwin a mix tape together. I like the way your style on the song. Could I use it on the mixtape that I'm throwin together. I'll be able to get the mixtape round to ATL, SAV, NYC, DC, Philly, Pitt, and Houston. If you wanna listen to some of the tracks that I'm gettin on it right now jus let me know, and I'll get a link to you.

Battle Record
    3-6
    my setup is simple

realtek ac97 audio soundcard (have emu 1212 m but dont know how to use it)
    shure ksm27 condensr mic
    yamaha emx 66 mixer (sumtin like dat)
    roland dm 10 moniters
    cool edit 2.0
    nuendo 1.6
    cubase sx 2.0 (no working for some reason)
    acid pro 4.0
    fruity loops 4.0 poducers edition (no woking eaither)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my cpu is

512 ram
    80 gd hd
    3.3 ghz

also use a pop filter but what does it matter