User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Trades are killing professional sports(for fans)

Battle Record
    3-1

Trades are killing professional sports(for fans)

Is it me or can you not buy a jersey of any athlete without him bein' traded to another team 3 weeks after? It's getting rediciulous. There are no more franchise players anymore. There's no players you can grow up with anymore. For example, I live in Boston and love the Celtics. But, they traded Antoine Walker who was considered a franchise player. Soon they will trade Pierce. It's getting out of hand. Now I know there is a better side to this, which is that teams are USUALLY more even and it keeps things fair...but cmon who wants their favorite player to leave their team and wind up playin' for 5 other teams before they retire? Now I know yu should root for your team, and not the people on the team, but I grow attached to the players on the team. Also, you won't be able to get any jerseys of players, unless you feel like wearing them even if that player isn't on the team anymore. This was just on my mind and I wanted to here other peoples opinions.
    Rape a pregnant bitch and tell my friends I had a threesome

Henceman.
    Battle Record
    23-4
    Jerseys suck anyways.

And I don't disagree with the trades. Some times a player has just outstayed his welcome with the team and needs to be traded.

And I agree with the Antoine Walker thing you talked about. I was shocked when he was traded. I thought he and Paul Pierce would be the face of the Celtics for the next couple years.
    I'm a fag, I'm a faggot...
    Oh I'm a faggot...
    Oh Oh...Oh I'm a faggot

Battle Record
    9-0
    if your so fuckin worried about the god damn jersey, buy a fuckin throwback of sir charles, dr j, wilt or magic. haha antoine was not the franchise player, it was all about Paul Pierce, its always been about paul pierce in boston.

It's a problem becuase general managers are under a lot more pressure these days to be succesful within 2-3 years. It seems they make trades sometimes just to appear like they are doing something.

Also, the talent pool has grown for most sports, so a top player may only be in his peak for a few years before other players become available to take his place.
    Studio 21

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion
    Blah... there's not nearly as many trades as you make their out to be

Free Agency is what kills franchises, not trades

Battle Record
    8-87
    I think the Tardes are just fine.

KytoKhouang
    Your first problem is, you are a fan of the Boston Celtics! Do you realize its 2004 and not 1987? Just to let you know, McHale, Parrish and the Bird man no longer play for them LoL... As for Antoine Walker, he sucks. As for trades, trades are great. Gives teams like i.e the Detroit Pistons to come back from their dominance in the 80's. You wouldn't be complaining if your damn Celtics got some half decent players from a trade. The Pistons were dope back in the day wit Dumars, Isiah, and Laimbeer, and now they are gettin' back there because of TRADES with Wallace, Wallace and Hamilton... So DEAL WIT IT! Celtics sucks. And for your lil Jersey Fettish, think of it this way, when someone gets traded you are owning a collector's item. I mean really, who here doesn't think that the Dennis Rodman #10 Spurs jersey isn't a collector's item? Or his Lakers Jersey? Or his Piston's jersey? Shit, or his Bulls jersey? Hahahah

You've Earned a Custom Title! buh bye Matty :('s Avatar
    Battle Record
    25-13
    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom
    Jerseys suck anyways.
    Fuck that! Jerseys are badass..what would you rather them play in..t-shirts? pshh..

Battle Record
    9-0
    jerseys are ok, throwback jerseys are better

Henceman.
    Battle Record
    23-4
    Quote Originally Posted by .iLL.
    Fuck that! Jerseys are badass..what would you rather them play in..t-shirts? pshh..
    That's not what I mean moron. I mean, it's gay that people buy jerseys to wear and what not. Not the jerseys that the players wear for the actual sport.
    Oh I'm a faggot...
    Oh Oh...Oh I'm a faggot

You've Earned a Custom Title! buh bye Matty :('s Avatar
    Battle Record
    25-13
    ^?! Wearing jerseys is just another way to show support for your team..ever wear a sports cap? Same thing basically. Not only is it for support, its also become a style now.

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion, I was just suprised by it thats all.

Battle Record
    3-1
    Quote Originally Posted by KytoKhouang
    Your first problem is, you are a fan of the Boston Celtics! Do you realize its 2004 and not 1987?

You are from Utah..............
    And this has nothin' to do with jerseys yall. I was using it as a point. That the second u have a players jersey hes on another team. And whoever said Antoine wasn't a franchise player at Boston is a fuckin' shithead. I LIVE in Boston. WE pick the franchise players, not you assholes in philly. Antoine and Pierce both were, they were like the Showtime w/ the Lakers. 2 is better than 1.
    Rape a pregnant bitch and tell my friends I had a threesome

i got a authentic Stephon Marbury Suns jersey, den he got traded to da knicks...and i got a authentic darius miles clippers jersey, and he got traded to da cavs...but fuck it i still wear em...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    28-4
    i rock jersee's to go with mah kicks, fav jersee are t-mac all blue and white, kings purble and black, and throw back sixers...phila..

^^wha does dat have to do wit anything he said bout having a jersey and da players gettin traded...