User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 60

Thread: MTV officially sucks; read this

Tha Burnin Sensation 2hot2handle's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-17

MTV officially sucks; read this

Get ready for a hot finish to summer as MTV Jams gears up to give viewers a heavy supply of Hip-Hop programming.

MTV Jams will be featuring five of the hottest emcees on the rise, as well as ringtones, a partnership with XXL magazine and collaboration with the movie “Hustle & Flow” to bring viewers closer to some southern artists on the grind.

In August, MTV will deliver a new monthly half-hour show in conjunction with XXL magazine, appropriately titled XXL Jams. The show will highlight artists featured in the magazine and according to XXL editor-in-chief Elliot Wilson, it's another beautiful venture with a company he relishes working with.

"It's a pleasure to continue to do business with TV's premiere music channel," Wilson told Allhiphop.com. "We run the mag game. They run the idiot box. We're a match made in heaven. Yes indeed, MTV's been very, very good to me."

In the spirit of John Singleton's new movie, “Hustle & Flow,” MTV will be presenting 10 artists who represent the “hustler mentality” of the movie's main character Djay, played by Terrence Howard.

The special will appear on July 22nd at 2pm ET and will feature artists videos spliced with footage from the movie.

Featured in the August premiere will include Game, Lil' Webbie, Bow Wow, David Banner and Jim Jones.

Hailed as the "Fab 5," MTV will be spotlighting a new artist every other Tuesday, dubbed "Take Over Tuesday's."

Along with being spotlighted, the selected artist will be host the show and have one of their videos screwed and chopped.

The five spotlighted artists will be Atlanta's Da Back Wudz and Young Jeezy, G-Unit's Tony Yayo, Houston's Paul Wall and Harlem heatmaker Juelz Santana.

They will also be directing viewers to MTV on their mobile phones to listen to music, interviews, download ringtones and get more info on the artists featured as the "Fab 5."

This is so wack. MTV once again is overrating wack and southern artists. And making hustle and flow look better cause its dirty south. MTV is teaming with xxl which im a little dissapointed by xxl but its a good business move. You see those artists they named. Bow wow, webbie, jim jones, paul wall, etc. God MTV is dickridin this mainstream shit again. When will they learn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

- Martin Luther King Jr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View this from last year^

Hellavated
    Battle Record
    13-4
    way 2 long man no way in fuck im reading that nigga
    I.J.L Reppin
    Tatt And Blue Perhaps You Knew

Battle Record
    1-17
    It aint long, its from allhiphop.com.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

- Martin Luther King Jr.

You've Earned a Custom Title! SlideShow's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
    Get ready for a hot finish to summer as MTV Jams gears up to give viewers a heavy supply of Hip-Hop programming.

MTV Jams will be featuring five of the hottest emcees on the rise, as well as ringtones, a partnership with XXL magazine and collaboration with the movie “Hustle & Flow” to bring viewers closer to some southern artists on the grind.

In August, MTV will deliver a new monthly half-hour show in conjunction with XXL magazine, appropriately titled XXL Jams. The show will highlight artists featured in the magazine and according to XXL editor-in-chief Elliot Wilson, it's another beautiful venture with a company he relishes working with.

"It's a pleasure to continue to do business with TV's premiere music channel," Wilson told Allhiphop.com. "We run the mag game. They run the idiot box. We're a match made in heaven. Yes indeed, MTV's been very, very good to me."

In the spirit of John Singleton's new movie, “Hustle & Flow,” MTV will be presenting 10 artists who represent the “hustler mentality” of the movie's main character Djay, played by Terrence Howard.

The special will appear on July 22nd at 2pm ET and will feature artists videos spliced with footage from the movie.

Featured in the August premiere will include Game, Lil' Webbie, Bow Wow, David Banner and Jim Jones.

Hailed as the "Fab 5," MTV will be spotlighting a new artist every other Tuesday, dubbed "Take Over Tuesday's."

Along with being spotlighted, the selected artist will be host the show and have one of their videos screwed and chopped.

The five spotlighted artists will be Atlanta's Da Back Wudz and Young Jeezy, G-Unit's Tony Yayo, Houston's Paul Wall and Harlem heatmaker Juelz Santana.

They will also be directing viewers to MTV on their mobile phones to listen to music, interviews, download ringtones and get more info on the artists featured as the "Fab 5."

This is so wack. MTV once again is overrating wack and southern artists. And making hustle and flow look better cause its dirty south. MTV is teaming with xxl which im a little dissapointed by xxl but its a good business move. You see those artists they named. Bow wow, webbie, jim jones, paul wall, etc. God MTV is dickridin this mainstream shit again. When will they learn.

Least Jim Jones might be getting more spotlight
    <CENTER><center><br><br><FONT style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 45pt; COLOR: orange; LINE-HEIGHT: 15px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; LETTER-SPACING: -5pt; text-transform: uppercase; text-transform: none">ShowSlide</font></FONT><br><FONT style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 25pt; COLOR:white; LINE-HEIGHT: 15px; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma; LETTER-SPACING: -2pt; text-transform: ">Lysdexia Have you do?</font><br><br />

Originally Posted by Murkage
    lol..im loving this

serves you right for fucking wit me slide, and i did nothing to you....
    i am a nice guy serious..

and i think your maturity level is 000000.1 after this eminem incident..
    and you were dissing my audios lol.....the nerve of this bitch
    well ive reported you..you will be banned..
    now fuck off!
    Aw shit this guy has dirt on you! dont fuck wit him!

MTV is mainstream money hungry faggets. They're not going to have a special about Immortal Technique or Definitive Jux. And even though just about all the artist they named are gay they're looking for down south artist since the movie's based on Southern Hiphop. It makes you wonder though, if they could do shit like this for the wack rappers why can't they do it for any of the good ones too?

Hellavated
    Battle Record
    13-4
    can u sum it up 4 me
    I.J.L Reppin

Battle Record
    1-17
    cause skills dont sell. But even before hustle and flow they were goin through every southern city and then they make hustle and flow bigger cause its based out of the south.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

You've Earned a Custom Title! SlideShow's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Blooded
    MTV is mainstream money hungry faggets. They're not going to have a special about Immortal Technique or Definitive Jux. And even though just about all the artist they named are gay they're looking for down south artist since the movie's based on Southern Hiphop. It makes you wonder though, if they could do shit like this for the wack rappers why can't they do it for any of the good ones too?
    Bet Is the same way too
    you seen the top 10 list? and any of the crap lately
    <CENTER><center><br><br><FONT style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 45pt; COLOR: orange; LINE-HEIGHT: 15px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; LETTER-SPACING: -5pt; text-transform: uppercase; text-transform: none">ShowSlide</font></FONT><br><FONT style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 25pt; COLOR:white; LINE-HEIGHT: 15px; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma; LETTER-SPACING: -2pt; text-transform: ">Lysdexia Have you do?</font><br><br />

Originally Posted by Murkage
    lol..im loving this

serves you right for fucking wit me slide, and i did nothing to you....
    i am a nice guy serious..

and i think your maturity level is 000000.1 after this eminem incident..
    and you were dissing my audios lol.....the nerve of this bitch
    well ive reported you..you will be banned..
    now fuck off!
    Aw shit this guy has dirt on you! dont fuck wit him!

Battle Record
    1-17
    BET is better than MTV though. They at least respect real hip hop even though they mostly show commercial shit.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

That's true. BET does show a lot of bullshit but atleast they'll give mad respect to someone like Rakim or something if he comes on there one day. The funny thing is VH1 shitted on all of em' with the "Hip Hop And You Don't Stop" special and Eminem is the only Rap they even play.

Hellavated
    Battle Record
    13-4
    Fuck i h8 muthafuckin mainstream shit, i bet almost erry body in rapbattles even can rap better than mainstream shit
    I.J.L Reppin

Battle Record
    1-17
    ^ sadly true.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

since when was Bow Wow a hustler? He's been with his mom since day one. Plus he was born rich.

fuck u edwin if ur looking at this

Banned
    people need to stop riding underground dick , so what if Immortal aint apppearing, he wouldn't be welcome anyway after expressing his views on mainstream rap, truth is MTV make programs for the majority and they want money, that's what the game is about so bitching and moaning about underground heads not being featured is out of the question. and to whoever said this

Fuck i h8 muthafuckin mainstream shit, i bet almost erry body in rapbattles even can rap better than mainstream shit

honestly..shut the hell up kid and return those mixtapes you bought, stop trying to sound all hard and cool just cause you like underground better, these days people only buy underground because it has the tougher image. when truthfully the ones that buy it for that reason are just trying to get away from being dissed as a maintream listener.

i am not hating underground although so many herbs on this forum think underground gives them that automatic cool tag on their foreheads. most of you prolly just got into hip hop, so don't knock mainstream because they are just as good (some even better) as underground.

i hope someone who understnads reads this instead of some herb trying to get a high postcount.

Battle Record
    7-6
    i see what you are saying 3rd, and i agree that what ta2 tears said was way off base. you have to have skill to break into the industry. something creative had to be there at one time. and no, i can only think of 5-6 people on rb right now who are good enough to be mainstream if they got a lucky break. it is sad how much dickriding is done over underground rap by kids who dont really know what they are talking about. at the same time i love underground though, becuase i connect with it better, it seems more free and untamed like radio hip hop used to be. the radio bores me becuase it is the same issues presented in the same way. to me underground brings a variety of things and the underground i listen to is better then the current mainstream. i dunno if it is becase they are writing better becuase they are hungrier or what, but i like underground more and i dont give a damn about a high post count or looking cool either
    Follow at

Music --->>>>