Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Winter to Spring: Memories (1st Poetry drop)

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins

Winter to Spring: Memories (1st Poetry drop)

Freshness in the air, aromo fills me with energy
    Outside in short sleeves, small buds on the tree
    Birds chirping, singing songs both of love and joy
    I remember last year took so long to get warm
    Spring showers, refreshing rainbows up in the sky
    On my porch watching the leaves grow with time
    Neighbor kids with squirt guns, no cares at all
    People walking their dogs and rollerblading now
    Grass wet with dew, and the last melting snow
    Squirrels scrambling up trees and into their holes
    Soothing wind on my face gives such tranquility
    Winter turns to spring and my soul is set free
    A few achievements here and there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OG Poet, er some shit.
    Battle Record
    5-5
    Dope for a first piece. Really liked how you explained what u've been through. Good imagery. I would get it up on ure emotions tho. Overall it was really nice for a first poetry drop.

-holla if ya hear me
    Po'Ethics - Est. 2004

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins
    feedback please?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Suspect-
    yea thats tight 4 your first piece....
    its a lot better than i could do

Battle Record
    91-11
    thanks...anymore....vet opinions maybe?

Battle Record
    18-13
    this greeat.. i think this is better then your battles lol.. drop textceeing and be a poet.. you look more formal that way! lol..

this piece was good.. i loved the anticipation it gave me to wanna feel spring break lol well seriously it had a picture instilled in my brain.. every last detail too. it looked like i took a foto err somthing.. but seriously.. "The Softer Side of the Beast of I.J.L." this is good!
    The Legion

HoF x5

Battle Record
    18-5
    wow, nice piece!!

you've potraid spring in a very nice way. its almost refreshin to see this type of work in the poetry forum. this was very good for ya first drop. flow was good as well as structure. it reminded me of spring very much and put a mental image in my head, which i think poetry should do!! this was a well rite piece for ya first. i'm lookin forward to hearing more from you 7.5/10

Fave line = Soothing wind on my face gives such tranquility

^last line was very powerfull.

pz

-An Original RB Member: Yes, We're That Much Doper Than You-

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    What up lyric? Vet opinion? I guess I can tell you what I think, just my two cents anyway...

Nice to see you branching out some on RB, this is a good forum for you. I know you do good work in the elevted cypher threads, so it's only logical for you to post in here.

I liked you first poetic drop. I felt it was a bit rushed, might be more to do with the length. Or the fact that I wanted to read more. You used a simple structure, and good imagery, I just think you could have carried a bit longer. I can picture sitting there with you, but it's almost as if we are in a hurry to leave that scene. You presented this sruel seting, yet you did give us enough time to admire it the way you have. I think you forced a line ot two, but this was overall a really good first drop. I you have poetic abilty, I read your drops in my forum all the time. Most of all, you could have added a level of complexity to your structure, or even played with the vocab a bit. I liked the line about kids with water guns, it painted a picture in my mind. Kepp dropping and work on the structure just a littel. You know a tweak or two.

Respect

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

Battle Record
    91-11
    Thanks guys....means a lot....I didn't wanna drop a real long peice in case it was crap...so I did a sort of trial...thanks for all you opinions...means a lot.

Battle Record
    34-2
    man for your first peace this is dope,
    you really hit on the topic and gave me that summer feeling lol,
    na sweet structure neat and simple
    so flow was nice nice vocab and overall a dope piece.............coo lyric

/

Never on schedule
    Battle Record
    1-1
    Good drop...I was feeling the imagery...flow could be better but its poetry so it doesnt really matter as much...I liked this piece, it made me Happy!

btw....thanx for the feedback

..:: SpOrTzDiScIpLe™::..
    good drop ...really feelin the rhymthem....good rhyme secence.......flow could be alittle batter but it was iight............i really liked it keep it up .....rate:
    8/10

Battle Record
    91-11
    Thanks everyone...uppin this

Battle Record
    2-0
    nice peice for a first drop...the imagery was reel gud n makes you remember wat waitin for spring is like...

.........fav part........

Soothing wind on my face gives such tranquility

keep droppin
    return tha favor..

....bless

ekwal
    the imagery in this was so obvious and clean....mark of a great talent....this would be a piece stevie wonder would luv

drop another
    peep deep