User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Pitch Black: Pitch Black Law

beyond dope.
    Battle Record
    50-27

Pitch Black: Pitch Black Law

I think .. this album is dope .. the beats are dope as fuck .. tracks are cool.. not really a minus for me to it, .. ` Holla.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - Artificial Intelligence

Banned
    Battle Record
    14-7
    Make a real review.

beyond dope.
    Battle Record
    50-27
    ^^Suck me cock.
    -----------------------------

Tired of hip hop sounding like plastic? Looking for a record that does not feature sung hooks and nothing but a clubbish beat? Never liked rap anymore as much as before ’98? Well, your time has come, ‘cause Pitch Black’s album “Pitch Black Law” is what you are looking for.

There’s no Neptunes, no Timbaland, nothing that’s been producing charthit after charthit lately. And wherever these peeps aren’t, someone else is definitely popping out of the hole: DJ Premier, the everlasting underground hero, stood behind the wheels of steel the provide Pitch Black with two of his inimitable joints, of course featuring a typical scratch hook that might make the bitches leave their so-beloved dancefloor, but that will catch the real cats right where they stand and makes their heads nod! Only known producer besides Premo is Swizz Beats with two other joints, and Teddy Riley is on the record with (of course) the most commercial beat on this one.

The record is probably as street as it gets, especially nowadays. Most of the tracks feature rough, hard lyrics, and raw productions that break your neck. There are only a few exceptions where Pitch Black take it a little easier and go more into a type of “softer” hip hop (meaning still about twice as hard than what you hear on the radio, but in comparison to their other music kinda easy): It’s the Teddy Riley-produced “Geechy” that definitely has a certain club affinity, and “Good Times” which is a smooth tune that somehow reminds me of some of Mos Def’s or Talib’s stuff, or even of A Tribe Called Quest. The rest is tough to take, like rap should be sometimes, with lyrics that come from the hearts of those Brooklyn natives and reaches from biographical stuff out to simply battle rapping to show everybody where the own skills are. And it definitely sounds good, including the only two feature rappers on this record, Busta Rhymes and Foxy Brown.

Bottom line: An album that you shouldn’t listen to when you just started listening to hip hop, ‘cause you probably wouldn’t understand it anyway. Everybody else – check this, it’s a backdraft, and I guess it’s a backdraft you like. “Brooklyn stand up!”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

..:: SpOrTzDiScIpLe™::..
    lol^....WOW

..:: SpOrTzDiScIpLe™::..
    Iight Sounds Good ,,, Good Review

flump
    GAY CD!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKA ONE HIT WONDER.

i was dissapointed with it.

its all real is the only song i liked on the whole CD

beyond dope.
    Battle Record
    50-27
    Gay, i liked most songs, dope beats .. & i agree Its all real is one of the better songs there .. but i liked the album, spin it allot in my car =)

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    I was a little disappointed. Most tracks seemed a little too commercial for me, with lots of talk about chains, cars, and other shit I don't particularly like to hear coming into my ears, ya know. It's All Real is raw as fuck and illness though.

beyond dope.
    Battle Record
    50-27
    yea the comerce kinda swing is kinda dope once in a while, like i said its a dope car cd.

Battle Record
    8-87
    I like their single...

Battle Record
    8-0
    i agree wit csec on this... i thought "finally some real ass fuckin rappers that dont talk about bullshit" i finish downloadin the cd wit alkinds of antcipation... only to hear number 2 "shake that ass" now i like most rap... but when u release a song wit the thouht fullness of "its all real" u better do that the whole album or ama hit u... i like the beats but they are just like everybody else... wack-ass-lyin-false-advertising-faggs

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF
    I still have yet to hear it ..

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    7-9
    hardkor3, your an idiot, how can you say that about pitch black when you have dmx(a rapper who claims to be all raw each album and make nothing but club joints after one good song) in your sig, tell me that bitch

Battle Record
    0-1
    lyrically, they have some sick ass lines, and flow really well... but it gets played fast.. and yea, some of the concepts are too commercialized(like Geechy geechy or whatever lol).. anyways, nice review

'the difference between winning and losing is picking and chosing your enemies your friends to be and who ya crew is'---