User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Mel Gibson's "the passion of jesus" or the passion of the lord not sure...

Battle Record
    5-17

Mel Gibson's "the passion of jesus" or the passion of the lord not sure...

I don't really see why this film is sooo criticized...
    i mean.. if u don't believe in jesus..then don't bother watching,talking, or even thinking about the movie... if u don't believe u don't believe so it should be left alone there

but tho i understand the christians themselves...
    thinking the role of jesus being played by a ordinary human being

and also the jews... which i'm guessing they may think that it's giving them a bad image

but again.. movies are movies... there's many movies about many major issues.. and not every1 agrees with the storyline or whatever...instead of criticizing the movie...leave it alone if u don't like it right?

well that's ur thoughts

i'm actually really interested in seeing this film

Savir
    well..i can care less if people are criticizing it...
    i really dont have opinions on matters like this
    but if the movie is good then i'll watch it...thats
    all that matters...just a movie to me...peace

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    This is a great film, it the most powerful movie on the subject I have ever seen. Yes, I was in on a private screening, it pays to be active in the political arena. I have been following this very close for about 4 months now. I understand how some groups feel this film can incite antisemitic feelings in ignorant people. Ignorant being the key word, because anyone of faith or intellegence understands Jesus was born to die. Not only die but suffer for the sins of man. I doubt devote christains are going to be apualed by the role of the jews in this film. This movies matches up scene for scene with scripture. It's ntohing we have not read before, we under stand how pilot was porytrayed in scripture and we expect to see such in the film. Yet to date no other film in my mind and that of many others, has been so true to scripture. It's truly a remarkable accomplishment onthe part of everyone involved in it's production. Mel Gibson has won me over with this film. I suggest those who are unaware of the movie and it's contraversy go and read the review on Micheal Savage's home page for the savage nation. He did this movie justice in his review as well as Denis prager and luara ingram.

This film from start to finsih was breath taking, the scene where Marry is following her son and weeping is beyond description. I was moved to tears and I am not embarrased to say so here. Outstanding peice of motion picture history, Mel Gibson has achevied what noone else has, in my mind. It's just a great picture and you must see it, no matter your religious affiliation, you will be moved. People are focusing on who put Christ to death and insisting that the wicked portrayl of Jews in this film will cause a new cycle of antisemitisim. The romans were just as wicked in this film, as a matter of fact I think it's a great depiction of human evil on all fronts. The satanic entity is kind of yodaish, but none the less works. I do not want to give too much away here, but I think Mel Gibson foreseen the opposition to this film. I say that because in the scene where Jesus is nailed to the stake, the hand that you see on screen is Mel Gibsons. I loved the metaphoric display here, Mel is suggesting that we as a 'people' sealed Jesus' faith, not anyone in particular. Our sins are what brought about his death, and so it is written and soit is portrayed in this film. My hats off to Mr gibson on a job welll done.
    Last edited by Bounce; February 12th, 2004 at 08:51 PM

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    5-17
    bounce thanks for the thing there.. i was wondering if it was accurate with the scripture...u lucky bastard lol

Battle Record
    11-6
    I agree with bounce...I dont understand why mass distrobution of the bible which is the written story could be any different than a movie that contributes the same lines of meaning..Im glad that Mel put this movie out he's a good man and i will forsure be there on the opening day....Seems like everything is best kept secret ay? we'll maybe it shouldnt be

-1-
    softfocus

while you write to rapbattles I perform on stage

How's it feel to lack in comparison?............

Banned
    Battle Record
    15-8
    i dont care for ethier so i can care less..............................*1*

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hardhitter
    i dont care for ethier so i can care less..............................*1*
    Then why the fuck clog our threads with bullshit post?

I have read too many brain dead post from you today, so yes my patience is worn thin. Next time don't post!

We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrust
    bounce thanks for the thing there.. i was wondering if it was accurate with the scripture...u lucky bastard lol
    You are very welcome as I always aim to provide decent content to people's threads. It's strange all the threads I post in and all the replies I drop, I never once started a thread in E.I. Maybe I should start some threads in here, but then again I figure most these kids would just be like Huh....

Yes very accurate to scripture and yes again I am a lucky bastard on soooo many levels...

Playjahrizer
    i heard the movie was in arabic and latin (or something). did the screening have subtitles or what?

Battle Record
    5-17
    ahh bounce for president
    dude does have the best replies

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrust
    ahh bounce for president
    dude does have the best replies

My friend that is a dream that will never materialize, as I have a very colorful back ground and in today's political waters I would be DOA. I wish I had a squeky clean rap sheet because poltics have been a life long passion of mine, but due to the cards life dealt me, I do not. It doesn't mean that I can not have an influence on politics in general, just means my contributions are behind the scenes. I'm not one for all the fame and glory anyway, at the end of the day, I just want to know I did my best to make a difference for our childrens future. Who knows maybe times will be different when I am old enough to run for such an office, stranger things have happened...

I know I would have the support of my RB familia, so if you ever see a fatass mexican running for office be sure to rock the vote!
    Last edited by Bounce; February 12th, 2004 at 09:31 PM

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    ^ will be my campaign manager & subsequently, the Dick Cheney to my Bush.

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15
    <--Will Be the guy who follows you and claps and shit at your political debates and shit..
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalatee
    ^ will be my campaign manager & subsequently, the Dick Cheney to my Bush.
    Dick? Bush? Nipplegate? Where are we headed? Yeah I would definalty join forces with someone such as yourself, I would just have to hide in the shadows, kind of like I do now... Seriously Ghod, keep your head in the game, you show much potential.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Accelerate
    <--Will Be the guy who follows you and claps and shit at your political debates and shit..
    Skids you know you would hold a higher position than that. You'd be the dude I call to smear the other canidates, you know something more your speed. Clapping wouldn't do you justice...