User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Proof's estate getting sued by slain Bouncer's family

Proof's estate getting sued by slain Bouncer's family

A source exclusive to SOHH has revealed that the family of Keith Bender, the second fatality in the shootout that resulted in the death of D12 member Proof, are planning to take legal action against the slain rapper's estate and Shady Records.

As SOHH previously reported, Keith Bender and Proof got into a heated dispute at Detroit's C.C.C. nightclub (on April 11) leading to Proof both pistol-whipping and shooting Bender. Proof was then gunned down by Bender's cousin.

Proof was pronounced dead on arrival at St. John Conner Creek Village while Bender died a week later after being in critical condition at St. John Hospital and Medical Center.

"Geoffrey Feiger, the lawyer who represented the man who Eminem assaulted with a gun for kissing his wife, will represent the Bender family," the source told SOHH. "It could be as early as Friday or Monday."

At press time, representatives for Interscope Records, Shady Records' distributor, said they had not heard anything about the lawsuit.

Proof (born Deshaun Holton) was buried last week in Detroit, while Bender's funeral took place earlier today.

Mario Etheridge, Bender's cousin, was released on bail yesterday (April 26) after waiving his right to a preliminary hearing. He is charged with carrying a concealed weapon and discharging a firearm in a building, but not with Proof's death.

According to SOHH's source, Detroit's rap community is not reacting well to Etheridge's release.

"Everyone is waiting for him to turn up dead, honestly," explained the source. "Trust me; other bodies will be dropping soon."

Randall Upshaw, Etheridge's lawyer, told reports after his client's release that extra security measures were being taken to ensure his safety.

Etheridge is to be arraigned in Wayne County Circuit Court on May 3.

While fans and friends continue to hail Proof as a kind and generous person who helped bring Detroit's rap scene to the forefront, important political figures view him otherwise.

"A prominent reverend from Sharpton's National Action Network chastised Detroit for showing up at Proof's funeral, and Eminem and D12 spending $40K on Proof's casket but the Bender's had to struggle to come up with $4K to bury him," added the source. "He called Proof a felon, criminal, and thug, as is the media. The establishment has taken sides against Proof."

Even where Proof was buried seems to have ruffled some feathers. The 32-year-old rapper's body was entombed near civil rights icon Rosa Parks at Woodlawn Cemetery in Detroit.

"I don't see the appropriateness of someone like this young rapper being buried with Rosa Parks," William McCauley, Parks' nephew told The Detroit News. "She was a person of nonviolence. And obviously this young rapper had a different creed when it comes to resolving issues."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    7-0
    wtf .. sue proofz residence .. dats plain stupid!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

shut up stupid!
    Battle Record
    1-0
    It wont be the only law suit...its sad though two ppl dead now lets sue random ppl

Battle Record
    26-5
    That bender muppet is fucking pathetic, sueing........yet 2 people are laid to rest and he's intrested in the fucking money. What the fuck is that cunt hair on.

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9
    they need money they suing his estate, i can't say i blame them, cuz if proof was level headed he could've avioded all of this and that. besides setttling outta and paying for the services wouldn't be bad.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Battle Record
    26-5
    ^Does anybody even know the full events what went on that night? I'm still mystified to tell u the truth

Battle Record
    11-3
    thats wrong. 1st they had to suffer the death of Proof, now his estate's getting sued. what's wrong with the world these days?

Battle Record
    8-9
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Lyricist
    ^Does anybody even know the full events what went on that night? I'm still mystified to tell u the truth

i am as well, but if it happened the way they say it did, both proof and bender are at fault, and we should honor them both the same.

i know proof was a hip hop star in detriot and to the world, but he was still just a guy, and prolly 3/4 decided to pay attention to him after he died.

shut up stupid!
    Battle Record
    1-0
    he said she said bullshit

we dont no what realy happend so we cant say proof did it or the other dude was at fault summary is there dead.....

how do y'all not know what happened?

Proof shot dude because of an altercation inside the club, and got shot in return.

atleast, that's what's been going around, even on CNN

my bad i fucked up this one...DELETE THIS POST..
    Last edited by fo'trill; April 29th, 2006 at 05:18 PM

they need money they suing his estate, i can't say i blame them, cuz if proof was level headed he could've avioded all of this and that
    i agree, whats dumb is charging the guys cousin, how else do you expect him to react? but yeah its sad and all that he's dead but thats the consequences you pay with gun play, and i'm sure proof was drinking and he said himself he acts like dirty harry when he drinks...i have no remorse for proof and i hope the family gets the money...

Battle Record
    8-9
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'trill
    i agree, whats dumb is charging the guys cousin, how else do you expect him to react? but yeah its sad and all that he's dead but thats the consequences you pay with gun play, and i'm sure proof was drinking and he said himself he acts like dirty harry when he drinks...i have no remorse for proof and i hope the family gets the money...

no etheridge deserves to be charged, murder is murder.

no etheridge deserves to be charged, murder is murder.
    the guys cousin just got shot in front of him and you expect him to be like "oh well damn i cant do anything to this guy it's murder." fuck that...he did what he was supposed to do and i dont blame him. like i said its the price you pay for gun play...

Battle Record
    8-9
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'trill
    the guys cousin just got shot in front of him and you expect him to be like "oh well damn i cant do anything to this guy it's murder." fuck that...he did what he was supposed to do and i dont blame him. like i said its the price you pay for gun play...

that's revenge, that's murder.